Page 55 of 683 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    GJM, do you have a separate thread on how you've set up your working Benellis? Can't find one with search.
    Can't remember for sure, but it might be sprinkled in a few threads. My definition of a working shotgun, is set-up for bear defense, Here is my favorite one. Started out as a Benelli M2 21 inch 3 gun model, form 1'd for the barrel cut to 14 inches, some Nordic bits and pieces, green fiber optic front sight on the rib, compact length Comfortech stock.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Has anyone put a QD swivel on the 1301 Comp butt sock?

I bought the Magpul QD swivel but it pulls right out under tension.
    I assume that means I need to buy the more expensive Beretta QD Swivel.
    Brownells does not list it specifically for the 1301 so I would like some reassurance that it fits.

BERETTA USA - SWIVEL ASSEMBLY XTREMA 2 $50

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can't remember for sure, but it might be sprinkled in a few threads. My definition of a working shotgun, is set-up for bear defense, Here is my favorite one. Started out as a Benelli M2 21 inch 3 gun model, form 1'd for the barrel cut to 14 inches, some Nordic bits and pieces, green fiber optic front sight on the rib, compact length Comfortech stock.

Thank you. I've a 21-in. M2 Field I pimped w Nordic Parts for a snow goose control hunt a couple years back. Have thought about doing a Form 1 w our trust and buying a factory 14-in. Bbl. and may yet.

Started reading this entire thread after posting the question this morning and realized I'd fired a 1301 Tactical at a Hornady LE ammo demo earlier this year. It was indeed very soft-shooting. Curious whether the lifter work will pan out.

I am not aware of any M2 factory 14 inch vent rib barrels for sale. The 21 inch vent rib barrels have the proper spacing to cut to 14, though. Many of the barrels longer than 21 have the wrong spacing to work.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll check. I'm assuming I could purchase one through the company.

Read all 59 pages and throughout the thread I see the love for the Beretta 1301 fading. Where does it stand now?
    Currently I'm looking for my first privately owned shotgun and it's either a Beretta 1301 Competition 21" or a Benelli M2 Performance Shop 3-Gun 21"....or a Beretta TX4 Storm since it has chokes, if I can find one still. (is that the same gun as the 1301T?)

I will use it for everything. SHTF, Bear&Boar repellent, 3Gun and Trap&Skeet. Weather conditions will be everything the outdoors throws at me from rain, to sub zero temperatures. The Benelli is a grand more, but comes with a set of chokes, but I also rather buy once and cry once.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MWT View Post
    Read all 59 pages and throughout the thread I see the love for the Beretta 1301 fading. Where does it stand now?
    Currently I'm looking for my first privately owned shotgun and it's either a Beretta 1301 Competition 21" or a Benelli M2 Performance Shop 3-Gun 21"....or a Beretta TX4 Storm since it has chokes, if I can find one still. (is that the same gun as the 1301T?)

I will use it for everything. SHTF, Bear&Boar repellent, 3Gun and Trap&Skeet. Weather conditions will be everything the outdoors throws at me from rain, to sub zero temperatures. The Benelli is a grand more, but comes with a set of chokes, but I also rather buy once and cry once.

Thanks!
    I don't know that the love has faded... just the realization of a very real problem. However, with fixes on the horizon, it seems as promising as ever (in my opinion) considering how reliable they are with a wide range of ammo.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MWT View Post

Thanks!
    I really like mine a lot. Does everything I ask of it so far and does it really well! If a modified lifter is offered soon to fix the possible jam issue, that would fix the only issue I have with the firearm. I'm keeping it either way, but I do wish Beretta would address the issue themselves.

The modified lifter works in that it turns a catastrophic malfunction into an annoying malfunction.
    But it doesn't fix the underlying problem of the bolt release doing double duty as a shell release, which is a flat out retarded idea on a shotgun used for self defense (and is of dubious utility on a game or hunting gun).
    Other than that the 1301 is an awesome shotgun, I enjoy shooting it more than I do my M4.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If I had the extra cash, I'd buy a couple more.
    I'm doing everything I can to create the extra cash so I can buy my first!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List