Page 53 of 680 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Excite.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Recently picked up one of these in tactical form from GrabAGun for $749 shipped. Wow! I'm fully impressed. I also own a Beretta 391 Urika, so I was aware of Beretta's quality. I've installed a NC ext and Mesa Urbino stock and this is imho a perfect HD gun for my wants/needs. The Urbino stock LOP feels perfect and the pistol grip (which until recently I had no love for) makes the firearm incredibly easy to handle and keeps my chicken wing tucked for close quarter use. Recoil with the limbsaver pad is much more easily managed even during an afternoon of Federal PD 00 buckshot.
    I'd love to find a solution for the possible uh-oh with the shell release, but for now I'll just enjoy lots of practice time. For me, this one's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam70 View Post
    Recently picked up one of these in tactical form from GrabAGun for $749 shipped. Wow! I'm fully impressed. I also own a Beretta 391 Urika, so I was aware of Beretta's quality. I've installed a NC ext and Mesa Urbino stock and this is imho a perfect HD gun for my wants/needs. The Urbino stock LOP feels perfect and the pistol grip (which until recently I had no love for) makes the firearm incredibly easy to handle and keeps my chicken wing tucked for close quarter use. Recoil with the limbsaver pad is much more easily managed even during an afternoon of Federal PD 00 buckshot.
    I'd love to find a solution for the possible uh-oh with the shell release, but for now I'll just enjoy lots of practice time. For me, this one's a keeper.
    I agree. Here's my 1301 set up with the Mesa Tactical Urbino. I put a bunch of different shells through it last week. I found the Hornady TAP 8 pellet 00 buck to be pretty mild and very accurate. My second favorite were the Federal #1. The Hornady Critical defense (1650 fps) 8 pellet 00 buck were hard hitting but accurate.

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  63.5 KB

How'd they look?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I was going to see if GJM wanted to test a modified shell carrier, but when I spoke to him he said his 1301 was with Jim Brockman currently. He asked if I wanted Jim to evaluate it, and of course I said yes. This morning I removed the modified carriers from both my 1301 Tactical and 1301 Competition, boxed them up, and dropped them in the mail. Jim should receive them on Monday.

According to GJM he's potentially interested in pursuing this fix as a commercial endeavor. I can't say when it might happen (almost certainly sooner than if I were doing it myself), but it's possible you guys might be able to buy new/modified carriers from Brockman at some point in the future. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you guys posted.
    This is great news! 2016 shaping up to potentially be a great year for gun owners if we don't get a democratic POTUS and/or legislature.

I was going to see if GJM wanted to test a modified shell carrier, but when I spoke to him he said his 1301 was with Jim Brockman currently. He asked if I wanted Jim to evaluate it, and of course I said yes. This morning I removed the modified carriers from both my 1301 Tactical and 1301 Competition, boxed them up, and dropped them in the mail. Jim should receive them on Monday.

According to GJM, he (Jim Brockman) is potentially interested in pursuing this fix as a commercial endeavor. I can't say when it might happen (almost certainly sooner than if I were doing it myself), but it's possible you guys might be able to buy new/modified carriers from Brockman at some point in the future. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you guys posted.
    That sounds like potentially great news. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll certainly be a customer if it comes to fruition.

<----- really hoping this makes the 1301 worthy of defensive use. Thanks for doing all this!

I received the lifter today, I'll get it installed and hopefully by the weekend the range will only be muddy instead of knee deep in snow and I can try it out.
    If everything goes well I'll see if one of the guys I know can modify mine to be the same and I'll send one back to you.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'd have no qualms about using a 1301 with the modified lifter/carrier as a defensive gun. In fact, I was doing just that until I needed to take them out of my guns and send them to Jim Brockman.
    Was that a typo and supposed to say "no qualms?" Or should I find something else for a woods gun? If the 1301 doesn't work out I may have to reconsider a lever action 45-70.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-30-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo in quote because:OCD.

I finally got enough time and cold medicine in me to go into the garage and play with these on my gun. I had some ideas on stamping in a "bump" but am going to need to do a little more fabbing to make it work. Prototype 1 didn't quite net me enough thickness to win. Now it will only halfway crap the bed.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List