Page 528 of 680 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538578628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

SureCycle handle

I just checked out the video in the site posted above and the SureCycle IS non-locking and rotating. I don’t think it’s a big issue but I’d prefer the locking style.

It’s kind of like when I purchased a bolt handle for my old Benelli M1. The factory handle didn’t lock in place, but it also didn’t rotate. Some aftermarket makers made rotating handles and others made non-rotation handles. I went with a non-rotation for the M1

Stippled the 1301

Ok, I thought that I was done modding the 1301 after I got the Briley charging handle… but my curiosity and boredom e got the best of me. I decided to stipple the Magpul stock and the factory hand guard. I think it turned out ok. The hand guard isn’t as grippy as the factory checkering, but grippy enough. I figure if I ended up not liking it, it would justify me buying the Aridus!!!

Name:  B9A82877-93ED-44B8-8B60-29E9C86619F6.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  68.7 KBName:  FD27ED16-2565-4109-AA56-C70CBA081707.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  72.7 KBName:  CAE07297-852C-4430-9B3A-42474ED2AAFA.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  60.8 KB

Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Ok, I thought that I was done modding the 1301 after I got the Briley charging handle… but my curiosity and boredom e got the best of me. I decided to stipple the Magpul stock and the factory hand guard. I think it turned out ok. The hand guard isn’t as grippy as the factory checkering, but grippy enough. I figure if I ended up not liking it, it would justify me buying the Aridus!!!

that lava ish texture came out fire!!

I ordered it about two weeks ago. They I contacted Briley and they said they were out of stock but IN PRODUCTION at the time. I ordered from a third party but the part was direct shipped from Briley. Get them while you can!
    @Pnut can you advise which vendor was your 3rd party for the CH? Asking as Briley's OOS on them, so I set up an acct. w/ them but that still doesn't allow me to be notified when they're available so .......

DIY?! Nice! I have to send mine to get it stippled. i'm scared of doing it myself. Magpul SGA and Aridus handguard.

Here you go...

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    @Pnut can you advise which vendor was your 3rd party for the CH? Asking as Briley's OOS on them, so I set up an acct. w/ them but that still doesn't allow me to be notified when they're available so .......
    the "TAC" is the knurled which matches the SKU on Briley's 3Gun site...http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/bolt-handle/

@ I Am No One… it took me a while to build up the confidence to stipple my gun parts. I did a lot of practice on various Magpul parts I had laying around in my old parts bin. So far, I’ve only done parts that I could change out if the outcome sucked. I haven’t built the confidence to do any permanent parts like a Glock frame… yet!

@OldRunner… I ordered the charging handle from Dissident Arms. The said they work closely with Briley and are located in the same neighborhood. Just be advised, when I ordered mine, there was no option for the checkered handle. I thought I was receiving the smooth, but was pleasantly surprised to see they sent me a checkered.

My support hand thumb only reaches out slightly past halfway up the handguard when I'm using a good push-pull technique. So mounting a light to the factory barrel clamp doesn't seem very workable.

I was considering this mount from GG&G where the pic rail portion is on the right hand side of the shotgun. If I mount a light there, any issues with running a tape switch on the left side of the handguard? I'd have to run the cord back around in-between the barrel and the mag tube. Does that seem feasible?
    https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-1301-q...ght-mount.html

I was considering this idea because I want to ditch the clamp. I don't like needing tiny allen keys to remove the clamp before I can disassemble for cleaning/lubrication.

The clamp is a nuisance when it comes time to break the gun down. Some say that it serves a purpose of keeping the magazine extension from working loose, but unless your putting several hundred rounds down range without checking the tube for tightness, I think you should be ok. You could always draw a small witness mark on the tube to see if it’s loosening.

As for your light idea, I recall someone here running a setup like you suggested. They even had the cable running between the barrel and tube. There were pictures as well. My only concern would be how well the cable would hold up to the barrels heat, but if your not running hundreds of rounds without checking, I’m sure it would be ok.

I just checked out the video in the site posted above and the SureCycle IS non-locking and rotating. I don’t think it’s a big issue but I’d prefer the locking style.

It’s kind of like when I purchased a bolt handle for my old Benelli M1. The factory handle didn’t lock in place, but it also didn’t rotate. Some aftermarket makers made rotating handles and others made non-rotation handles. I went with a non-rotation for the M1
    Did you consider the Titanium one from masterclass based of UK? I believe this one locks in place.

User Tag List