Page 523 of 680 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I noticed that the Aridus/Magpul handguard leaves the magazine tube and recoil spring exposed while the Beretta handguard forms a decent seal. Has anyone with the Aridus/Magpul handguard ran into issues with dirt/debris or corrosion?

My first impressions are that I like the factory handguard a lot. It is very slim and grippy.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I noticed that the Aridus/Magpul handguard leaves the magazine tube and recoil spring exposed while the Beretta handguard forms a decent seal. Has anyone with the Aridus/Magpul handguard ran into issues with dirt/debris or corrosion?

My first impressions are that I like the factory handguard a lot. It is very slim and grippy.
    I like the factory hand guard with all the grip as well. However, I’ve not heard of any problems with the exposed spring parts. I suppose it could be a problem in a battle environment?

More pics

Name:  CD5E6CCC-6E57-4B7F-9FD8-5EF8A835C584.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  C9B832D2-6913-4EAE-87D1-FE0DA280A058.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  7EC46A9D-44C4-41A2-BCFA-832982FDAB93.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  41.0 KB

My tac light setup for the factory barrel clamp

I was messing around with the 1301 again and was trying to figure out a good tac light setup. Here’s what I came up with… Since my 1301 came it’s the barrel clamp/QD socket/Mlok rail thing, I decided to see if I could make use of it. I used a Magpul cantilever rail section and mounted it backwards, away from the muzzle. I then mounted an X300 as far back on the rail as possible. I can easily operate the light with my left thumb. The sling swivel does rub against the light body slightly, but not a big deal. I could always slide the barrel clamp forward or back to get the right reach.

What do you guys think?

Name:  D9690D1F-1AC6-48CF-88B0-3A4FBA06BF3C.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  32.2 KBName:  8EDFA5E3-576C-4063-A50B-DB19D29E9CE8.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  52.9 KB

Btw, nice pair of shotguns there Bernomad! M4 and 1301! I’ve got a similar set, only me Benelli is MUCH older… an HK marked M1 Super 90! Decided to step into the modern age with th 1301!

Solid Setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I was messing around with the 1301 again and was trying to figure out a good tac light setup. Here’s what I came up with… Since my 1301 came it’s the barrel clamp/QD socket/Mlok rail thing, I decided to see if I could make use of it. I used a Magpul cantilever rail section and mounted it backwards, away from the muzzle. I then mounted an X300 as far back on the rail as possible. I can easily operate the light with my left thumb. The sling swivel does rub against the light body slightly, but not a big deal. I could always slide the barrel clamp forward or back to get the right reach.

What do you guys think?

Name:  D9690D1F-1AC6-48CF-88B0-3A4FBA06BF3C.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  32.2 KBName:  8EDFA5E3-576C-4063-A50B-DB19D29E9CE8.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  52.9 KB
    As long as you can operate it efficiently and comfortably from there you should be good to go.

My 1301 is a gen 2, with a nordic extension. I don't use the clamp that came with the extension. I'm probably going to end up putting an streamlight flashlight mount ala @TCinVA.

For those using a similar set up, how or where are you attaching a sling in the front?

I'm a little up in the air about needing a sling at all for my uses, but I'm thinking about it. I thought gg&g had a flashlight mount similar to streamlight's with a sling mount on the bottom, but haven't been able to find it.
    Last edited by Cory; 03-01-2022 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm a little up in the air about needing a sling at all for my uses, but I'm thinking about it. I thought gg&g had a flashlight mount similar to streamlight's with a sling mount on the bottom, but haven't been able to find it.

Yeah I have the GG&G mount with the sling loop at top...I'd rather have it on the bottom as well. I'm not terribly crafty but I wondered about trying to make one of their other mounts work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The 1301 is ... the honey badger of semi-auto shotguns.

Cory...

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    My 1301 is a gen 2, with a nordic extension. I don't use the clamp that came with the extension. I'm probably going to end up putting an streamlight flashlight mount ala @TCinVA.

For those using a similar set up, how or where are you attaching a sling in the front?

I was researching as I want to use the oem rail on mine. From what Ive seen GGG only had the sling mount on top of the pic rail. I wish they made the QD swivel version with a pic rail on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Btw, nice pair of shotguns there Bernomad! M4 and 1301! I’ve got a similar set, only me Benelli is MUCH older… an HK marked M1 Super 90! Decided to step into the modern age with th 1301!
    Thanks Pnut. The HK marked Super 90s are quite valuable are they not? I love the M4. I’d rather it had a standard stock with a shorter length of pull. Ni don’t have that figured out yet, so I went with the Mesa Tactical. I can’t afford what they are asking for the collapsible stock from Benelli. Yikes. I am really loving this 1301. The more I shoot it, the more I want to shoot it.

User Tag List