Page 522 of 680 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

First Post joined for 1301 thread

I’ve been reading this thread. I had a gen 1 years ago and sold it. Would have been cheaper to keep it and modify it. Instead I bought another, the 1301 Tactical Enhanced. I’ll figure out how to upload a photo. I have the SGA stock with a GG&G adaptor. Aridus was nowhere to be found. Thanks for all of the useful info.
    John

There's only 1 bolt attaching the factory beretta barrel clamp. Is that normal? The hole to the right without a bolt in it has threads on the same side as the existing bolt head, meaning you can't put a bolt from the other side through.

This is the 1301 "enhanced" tactical with the factory 7 round one piece magazine and barrel clamp
    Last edited by shootist26; 02-26-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    There's only 1 bolt attaching the factory beretta barrel clamp. Is that normal? The hole to the right without a bolt in it has threads on the same side as the existing bolt head, meaning you can't put a bolt from the other side through.

This is the 1301 "enhanced" tactical with the factory 7 round one piece magazine and barrel clamp
    There should be two...one threading in from each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kwb377; 02-26-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    There should be two...one threading in from each side.
    Thought so. Looks like my barrel clamp is fucked up. If you take the bolt and try to thread it through the empty hole from the other side, it can't engage the threaded insert for some reason.

Something’s definitely wrong with your barrel clamp. It’s either stripped, not threaded, or the threaded insert isn’t lined up. I know you tried threading the bolt with no success, but have you tried to thread it with the two haves separated? That way you could determine if it’s threaded or not.

I’d contact Beretta to get a new one. I don’t think the aftermarket clamps work with the Beretta tube. Either way, a cheap or temporary solution would be to drill out the thread insert and just use a longer bolt and a nut.
    Last edited by Pnut; 02-26-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Something’s definitely wrong with your barrel clamp. It’s either stripped, not threaded, or the threaded insert isn’t lined up. I know you tried threading the bolt with no success, but have you tried to thread it with the two haves separated? That way you could determine if it’s threaded or not.

I’d contact Beretta to get a new one. I don’t think the aftermarket clamps work with the Beretta tube. Either way, a cheap or temporary solution would be to drill out the thread insert and just use a longer bolt and a nut.
    I’d try running a tap through the insert before drilling it out.

Did you loosen the existing bolt before trying to thread the second one? Having just one tight may pull the hole out of line.
    Last edited by peterb; 02-26-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Figured out what the issue is. There is a ton of plastic flashing right around the threaded insert that is blocking the bolt from entering. Very difficult to see. I worked the bolt in hard several times and managed to get it threaded in. Each time I removed the bolt, it took some of the flashing out. So now I can get it threaded in, but I still only have 1 bolt Email sent to Beretta

Here's another interesting thing:
    The SKU the gun shop sold me was J131TT18NLE, which is apparently part of Beretta's LE sales program https://www.beretta.com/en-us/bdt/am...gram-products/

I think the regular "gen 2.5" 1301 Tactical SKU is j131tt18c, which has an IC choke. My J131TT18NLE is a cylinder bore, but the same factory 7 round tube and barrel clamp as the regular gen 2.5 ones
    Last edited by shootist26; 02-26-2022 at 02:17 PM.

I got an LE version too. Only difference I can tell is the lack of choke tubes, no instruction manual and mine came in a cardboard box. Mine also came with the Urbino stock, but I think the LEs have the option for standard stocks as well.

Finding ANY 1301s right now seems to be hard, but I checked out a local dealer and he had five that were already sold and 10 more on the way. He said they were all LE models.

Pro Series Follower by Toni Systems

I know some are rocking FFT M4 or Carrier Comp which is hardly in stock. How do these stack up to Toni?

The New Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    I’ve been reading this thread. I had a gen 1 years ago and sold it. Would have been cheaper to keep it and modify it. Instead I bought another, the 1301 Tactical Enhanced. I’ll figure out how to upload a photo. I have the SGA stock with a GG&G adaptor. Aridus was nowhere to be found. Thanks for all of the useful info.
    John
    Name:  3ADEA878-B11D-4942-8FDA-EC6DF0E47DDE.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  62.6 KB

User Tag List