Page 519 of 679 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Not sure how much UNLOADED weight you’d be saving between the 5 vs 7 rounders. The 7 rounders extended tube is made of thin metal tubing which is covered by a polymer sleeve. The sleeve is supported with a removable barrel clamp that is also polymer. I’d think the weight savings might be a few ounces?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    did beretta discontinue the 5 round version? My local shop got a few of the new "enhanced" 1301 models with the factory 7 round tube.

I still want the 5 round version due to lower weight
    It would probably be easy to find someone who wanted to trade.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

URBINO vs MAGPUL/GGG

My GGG/Magpul Mossberg stock kit arrived today. I bought it to replace the Urbino pistol grip stock that came with the gun. I’d did some measurements that I thought I’d share with you guys.

The Urbino stock has the standard (non Limb Saver) butt pad and measured 11.5” from butt to where it meets the receiver. It weighed about 2 pounds with all its hardware.

The Magpul with no additional spacers also measured 11.5”, including the GGG adapter. It weighed 1.5 pounds with all of its hardware.

Oddly enough, I don’t think I’ll need cheek risers for the Magpul setup. I’m currently running a Vortex Venom RDS on the stock rail. With the Urbino, I had to put the included cheek riser up 2 positions to get a comfortable sight. Once I installed the Magpul, everything lined up right.

The Urbino’s adjustable cheek riser feels nicer that the Magpul though. It’s wider and when cinched up to your face, feels more comfortable. The Magpul is narrow and feels like it would jab your face a bit. I haven’t shot the gun yet, but When I do, I’ll let everyone know.
    Last edited by Pnut; 02-22-2022 at 07:19 PM.

Free sling related mod

Here’s a free mod if your running a sling. I’m running a Blue Force Gear sling on mine. All the adjustment ends are cut straight. If you re-cut and seal them at an angle, it’s much easier to lace them through the tri-glides when you adjust them.

Name:  53681695-DF66-4F00-914B-3D33966B916F.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  31.4 KB

Site Supporter
    did beretta discontinue the 5 round version? My local shop got a few of the new "enhanced" 1301 models with the factory 7 round tube.

I will trade. Buy the extended mag version and I'll swap with you.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

After using the Aridus/Magpul setup, I'm considering going back to stock... Unfortunately, I somehow cross threaded the rear stock bolt... Does anyone who upgraded to the Magpul setup have one laying around they'd like to donate/sell?

did beretta discontinue the 5 round version?
    Doesn't look like there are many/any out there right now.
    Know that if you can find the tube:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C59948
    that is the primary thing you need to convert it. It is considered a wear item and is replaceable, just out of stock everywhere, but then a lotta things are these days. It seems to be in stock here, but not sure it is:
    https://freedomfightertactical.com/p...1643a966&_ss=r
    But if you find the tube all else you would need would be the cap, but that should be easy enough.
    And if you found somebody that wanted to switch but not trade guns you could trade parts?

I got the new 7+1, but maybe sorta wish I had the short one. I just like the aesthetics a little bit more, though after taking the clamp off it seems to be a bit sleeker. I was also scheming to make it 8+1 before I got my 1301 Comp, I was wanting to come up with a way to make it hold TacOps division capacity for three gun, but then I went ahead and got the 1301C. But now since I got the 1301C setup for 8+1 I am wondering about changing the 1301T either back to 5+1, or getting that cute little +1 Nordic tube (that has a QD in the end of it), so I will probably just troll for one of the replacement tubes and get one if I ever catch it in stock, just so I can experiment around with it just to be a snowflake gun hipster guy (would be about the only thing hip about me...).
    Last edited by mmc45414; 02-23-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Sighted in with Vortex Venom

Finally got to the range today to test out my 1301 and zero it in with the Vortex Viper on the factory rail. The good news is that it ate everything I fed it… standard and low recoil slugs, and even bird shot.

The bad new wasn’t with the gun but with the red dot. I maxed out the elevation but was still low by 4-5 inched at 25 yards. I guess I could buys a spacer to elevate the red dot. The photo shows my group. The lower group was me dialing in the dot at dead center till I maxed out the dial. The higher group was me aiming for the apex 3 inches above dead center.

Name:  3ACB26BA-6432-4316-97F9-1A1DD3B894BA.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  44.8 KB

There are a few on GunBroker if you are interested in the Marine or FDE finishes. Don’t see any black ones listed right now.

If you're impact is low relative to POA, then elevating the dot (POA) would make it worse, unless I'm interpreting your post and photos wrong.

User Tag List