Page 502 of 679 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    From my research the Pro hold down is a drop in part but it is only offered from the factory on the Pro and is hard to source in the U.S. but very common in the UK of all places. I figure that I will get the standard Comp and try it and if it catches my finger bad, like my old Benelli used to, I will try and get one to add. There is a UK web store that will ship to the US.

I don't really want the Pro because of the Kickoff and the blue receiver. I could always paint it and sell the Kickoff but I might not need the hold down lifter and it is always easier to buy than sell. 😁
    No surprise you found that in the UK.

With handguns and centerfire semi autos banned in the UK practical shotgun is very much a thing there.

They also do practical rifle with rimfires known as "mini rifle"

Last edited by HCM; 12-27-2021 at 01:29 PM.

From my research the Pro hold down is a drop in part but it is only offered from the factory on the Pro and is hard to source in the U.S. but very common in the UK of all places. I figure that I will get the standard Comp and try it and if it catches my finger bad, like my old Benelli used to, I will try and get one to add. There is a UK web store that will ship to the US.
    I also wonder if the lifter could be welded up or something. I know TTI would weld the little cutout on the front of the Beneli, and that could be done on the Beretta, and the lifter hold up feature looks to just be a bump that catches on the Carrier Catch Plunger:

Name:  bump.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  97.3 KB

Though this picture also shows another Pro feature, a relocated serial number to allow for further grinding of the loading port.

I don't really want the Pro because of the Kickoff and the blue receiver.
    You sound like me, though I could probably tolerate the blue receiver...

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Not big news, but Freedom Fighter Tactical now has Beretta OEM parts on their website and they also have some aftermarket parts. Most are Meso parts but they do have a new in-house FFT branded enhanced power magazine spring for sale.
    There is a Beretta factory part I want and only FFT has it in stock currently. With that said, there site makes it seem like doing business with them probably isn't in my best interest; they're about double the price of MGW (after shipping) and don't accept returns. I called them and their response over the phone is commensurate with their site.

tldr: I'll wait for MGW to get the part back in stock, they've been very good to work with for old FN SPR parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I also wonder if the lifter could be welded up or something. I know TTI would weld the little cutout on the front of the Beneli, and that could be done on the Beretta, and the lifter hold up feature looks to just be a bump that catches on the Carrier Catch Plunger:

Name:  bump.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  97.3 KB

Though this picture also shows another Pro feature, a relocated serial number to allow for further grinding of the loading port.

You sound like me, though I could probably tolerate the blue receiver...
    I don't mind the blue receiver but the crows and the ducks would laugh at me all camouflaged up with the gaudy blue receiver swinging around.😅

I believe that the hold down is just a different carrier and is an easy swap from all the research that I have been doing on mostly british sites. Interesting that we speak the same language but it can be a bugger 😁 to figure out what the hell they are talking about at times. I thought my local Southern dialect was different but some of theirs I really have to read or watch multiple times.😉

I am going to load up my trading fodder and hit a bunch of the local gun shops tomorrow and see if they might just have one somewhere if not I will at least handle a A400 and maybe just break down and order one.

I believe that the hold down is just a different carrier and is an easy swap from all the research that I have been doing on mostly british sites.
    Yes, easy swap, not so easy to snag the part.

Interesting that we speak the same language but it can be a bugger 😁 to figure out what the hell they are talking about at times. I thought my local Southern dialect was different but some of theirs I really have to read or watch multiple times.😉
    For a while a British guy was my boss, from time to time things needed to be translated from British to English

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Speaking of the UK's practical shotgun scene, an outfit in the UK called Master Class Custom Guns at one point sold a single piece titanium charging handle that actually stays in the bolt exactly like the factory charging handle. Other options on the market are either two piece units (not really an upgrade over factory, IMO) or don't have the key-like protrusion on the end that keeps the handle locked into the bolt carrier group until deliberately removed.

Name:  masterclasscustom.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  77.0 KB

I've had one in my main 1301 for a good chunk of 2021 and it's worked splendidly.

Their website seems to be FUBAR, but you can probably contact them using the contact info on their social media to see if they can ship you one. I think the cost was something like $70 US plus a bit of shipping. Expensive, but if you've ever had heartburn about a two piece charging handle it seems like a good solution.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm not TC, but yes. The problem is, Beretta isn't talking when asked what the other parts are.

We need somebody to detail strip old and new side by side and attempt to identify the parts that are different.
    My guns are essentially now in the same spec that Langdon Tactical is shipping. So I'm not worried about 922R.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Expensive, but if you've ever had heartburn about a two piece charging handle it seems like a good solution.
    What concern would you have about the Briley being two piece?
    I know the plastic factory part can get pushed in and bind up, but I do not see how the Briley could/would do that.

But that titanium piece is pretty sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What concern would you have about the Briley being two piece?
    I don't really have a concern about the factory charging handle. But some people do, and for those people a two piece setup where the part that interacts with the hand can potentially slide down what I'll crudely refer to as the "stalk" portion of it seems to be contra-indicated. And as best I can tell all the two pieces have that theoretical possibility, if one is concerned about that in the first place.
    3/15/2016

Noveske flushcup in an SGA.

User Tag List