Page 501 of 679 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta Comp vs Comp Pro 24".

Beretta's website is terrible.

I am interested in getting a 1301 24" bbl. I want the lifter hold down. Which I assume keeps the lifter up away from your thumb while loading like the Benelli Nova. I can't tell if either comes with it or if it is an add-on. Does anyone know or can point me in the direction of a resource that has more details about the two?

I would also love to know what the drop at the comb and heel are as delivered but I can't find that anywhere either.

I want a short LOP semiautomatic shotgun that I can add a limbsaver pad on and has the Nova style lifter and is reliable and a decently soft shooter with interchangeable chokes and a conventional rib and bead "sight" that shoots 60/40 to 50/50 patterns and doesn't punch me in the cheek.

I think the 1301 comp is it but no one around here has one and I will have to order it buy online and i would hate to do that and find out it isn't what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm not TC, but yes. The problem is, Beretta isn't talking when asked what the other parts are.

We need somebody to detail strip old and new side by side and attempt to identify the parts that are different.
    While doing research on the 1301 Comp, I found that Beretta uses this company for the the Comp series extensions in the EU anyway:

https://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/mag...1301-comp-pro/

https://christiansencomponents.com/p...extension-kit/

Not sure if that is the same thing they use on the Tactical models or not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post

Beretta's website is terrible.

I am interested in getting a 1301 24" bbl. I want the lifter hold down. Which I assume keeps the lifter up away from your thumb while loading like the Benelli Nova. I can't tell if either comes with it or if it is an add-on. Does anyone know or can point me in the direction of a resource that has more details about the two?

I would also love to know what the drop at the comb and heel are as delivered but I can't find that anywhere either.

I want a short LOP semiautomatic shotgun that I can add a limbsaver pad on and has the Nova style lifter and is reliable and a decently soft shooter with interchangeable chokes and a conventional rib and bead "sight" that shoots 60/40 to 50/50 patterns and doesn't punch me in the cheek.

I think the 1301 comp is it but no one around here has one and I will have to order it buy online and i would hate to do that and find out it isn't what I am looking for.
    On the comp and comp pro they come with two different spacers that allow you to adjust drop from 50 to 65mm in 5mm increments and let you set left or right hand cast. I haven’t found if this is drop at comb or heel. I’ll try to pull some measurements off my gun when I get a chance

You can see the labeled spacers here

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...300-outlander/

My 21” 1301 comp, doesn’t have the comp pro style lifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    On the comp and comp pro they come with two different spacers that allow you to adjust drop from 50 to 65mm in 5mm increments and let you set left or right hand cast. I haven’t found if this is drop at comb or heel. I’ll try to pull some measurements off my gun when I get a chance

You can see the labeled spacers here

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...300-outlander/

I managed to find an American Rifleman article that gave the dims.

LOP 13"
    Drop at comb 1.25"
    Drop at heel 1.625"

I do appreciate you offering to measure.

Do you use yours for 3 gun or for other purposes?

I am interested in using it as a hunting gun primarily. I like some of the A400 features but none of the A400 offerings appeal to me and have "features" that I don't want. The 1301 seems to be just what I want without the stuff I don't.

LOP 13"
    Drop at comb 1.25"
    Drop at heel 1.625"

I am interested in using it as a hunting gun primarily. I like some of the A400 features but none of the A400 offerings appeal to me and have "features" that I don't want. The 1301 seems to be just what I want without the stuff I don't.
    What about the A300 Ultima? I'm looking for a gun for sporting clays with the same features as the 1301, just not the price.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

LOP 13"
    Drop at comb 1.25"
    Drop at heel 1.625"

I haven’t shot three gun with it yet, but I have taken it to the skeet range and on a quail hunt. I was by far the limiting factor on the skeet range, it broke them when I did my part.

On the quail hunt the light weight was awesome for carrying around all day and I didn’t feel too limited by the short length as a wing shooting newbie I felt pretty good about my ratio of birds hit to misses including one real nice fast crosser at between 30 and 40 yards. I do plan on adding a mag extension (for shotgun other shotgun games) with a custom plug to make it legal for hunting just to add a little more weight and smooth my swing out a bit.

I also need to get one of the bolt release shrouds to avoid accidentally locking up the gun. And I think I am going to play with drilling a more centered hole in one of the shins and making a flat stock spaced to try to get more neutral cast.

I want the lifter hold down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I was also seeking some of these answers.
    @bruceride just bought a Pro, and it does have the lifter hold down.
    But it also has the Kick-Off, and is pretty short, but not quite as short as my 391 XTREMA, or my 1301T, and I want to mimic those two, so if I get the 21" Comp I am considering, I will either skip the Pro, or try and trade stocks with somebody who did the Magpul.

One manual that shows the stock changes is here (page 31):
    https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/29...cal_USA_OK.pdf

There are four drop settings (50, 55, 60, 65) so I would think you could get one to be what you want. If the gun doens't come with both plates they replacement kit is cheap:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/e01630

I also want to change the pad on the 1301T, I want less sticky and will sacrifice some cushion.

Not big news, but Freedom Fighter Tactical now has Beretta OEM parts on their website and they also have some aftermarket parts. Most are Meso parts but they do have a new in-house FFT branded enhanced power magazine spring for sale.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    What about the A300 Ultima? I'm looking for a gun for sporting clays with the same features as the 1301, just not the price.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I am wanting the A400 gas system and rotating bolt. I think the A300 series uses the older design gas system and bolt but i am open to be proven wrong. Not a lot of Beretta options locally. My area is very much Browning leaning. Everyone has them there is one in my area that carries Beretta and only 5 or 6 where they have a whole wall of Brownings.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I was also seeking some of these answers.
    @bruceride just bought a Pro, and it does have the lifter hold down.
    But it also has the Kick-Off, and is pretty short, but not quite as short as my 391 XTREMA, or my 1301T, and I want to mimic those two, so if I get the 21" Comp I am considering, I will either skip the Pro, or try and trade stocks with somebody who did the Magpul.

One manual that shows the stock changes is here (page 31):
    https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/29...cal_USA_OK.pdf

There are four drop settings (50, 55, 60, 65) so I would think you could get one to be what you want. If the gun doens't come with both plates they replacement kit is cheap:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/e01630

I also want to change the pad on the 1301T, I want less sticky and will sacrifice some cushion.
    From my research the Pro hold down is a drop in part but it is only offered from the factory on the Pro and is hard to source in the U.S. but very common in the UK of all places. I figure that I will get the standard Comp and try it and if it catches my finger bad, like my old Benelli used to, I will try and get one to add. There is a UK web store that will ship to the US.

I don't really want the Pro because of the Kickoff and the blue receiver. I could always paint it and sell the Kickoff but I might not need the hold down lifter and it is always easier to buy than sell. 😁

User Tag List