Page 50 of 680 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 Tactical

The beauty of Tom's solution is that the lifter is still "all the way down" when it's supposed to be receiving a shell from the magazine. I sure can't see any downside to it.
    Last edited by Dave J; 11-12-2015 at 04:23 PM.

The Mossy 930 does the same F'n thing if you push the bolt release with a loaded tube. Curious why no massive outcry against them. I'm a Benelli guy, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but since a lot of 3gunners and tacticool shotgun guys are also running the Mossberg, I'm just curious.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Because most shooters don't think things through to a worst case conclusion.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Anytime engineers or lawyers write end user manuals they're a clusterfuck.
    Stay in your lane.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Well, this does sound like a winner. If you intend to build and sell aftermarket lifters I foresee a vigorous trade. You may need to decide early what color Tesla you want. If you choose to avoid the headaches of the marketplace don't forget your buds here and please publish the design!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    The Mossy 930 does the same F'n thing if you push the bolt release with a loaded tube. Curious why no massive outcry against them. I'm a Benelli guy, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but since a lot of 3gunners and tacticool shotgun guys are also running the Mossberg, I'm just curious.
    How many of those guys are actually keeping a chamber empty shot / cruiser safe shotgun and how many of them practice deploying it from that condition? Plus the mossberg 930's have other reliability issues issues.

I didn't realize you were part of the Gadget team, cool. I've got one on order... Thanks for all the good work and info!

They picked him for his good looks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I've already detailed what's necessary -- adding 0.06" to the rear of the lifter (essentially doubling it's thickness) will do the trick. Probably the easiest way to accomplish this is to weld a small piece of 16 gauge steel to the area indicated in red on the image below.

I'm going to get a few modified and have some people I know and trust test the shit out of them and, assuming that it works for those guys and their guns the way it works for me and mine, I might put together a one-time "group buy" to get a batch of them done.
    If a fellow had the capabilities to do all the welding/mods himself, this would be something that would lend itself well to a "core return" type setup -- get a few modified, then swap them in and out with folks so you've always got some more on hand.

I know you've got your hands full with plenty, I'm not suggesting you take that on...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

From what I've seen a TIG or other weld material build up and grind to size might work. I do not know if this would create a heat treat problem for the part.
    Another thought would be a male/female die set in a press like you mentioned.

User Tag List