Page 493 of 680 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 6793

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Plus it is just a tube with threads and a couple holes, wonder if somebody else would come up with one.
    It should be easy enough for someone with the right lathe and mill to make the part. But the factory part is anodized with what seems likely to be a PTFE sealer. I know where to get that done (or did in my past life), but I also know that most anodizing houses can't. It would be a significantly less good part without the right coating. Lot charges on the process would make one-offs and possibly even small batches seem like a good marketing plan for Briley.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-23-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It should be easy enough for someone with the right lathe and mill to make the part. But the factory part is anodized, with what seems likely to be a PTFE sealer. I know where to get that done (or did in my past life), but I also know that most anodizing houses can't. It would be a significantly less good part without the right coating. Lot charges on the process would make one-offs and possibly even small batches seem like a good marketing plan for Briley.
    Yup, when I said somebody I was thinking somebody like Briley or Langdon or Aridus or Nordic or somebody. And though as nice as the anodize on the factory part is, none of the extension tubes in wide use seem to have it, or the more pedestrian guns that don't come from Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I see that now. I applied it to the previous three posts about the stock. @destruya, that’s what I get for posting as I’m eating breakfast.

Yeah, I'm just trying to make sure there's a knowledge base before we get people in here moaning about how "the cool Aridus stuff doesn't fit on their gun."

Yup, when I said somebody I was thinking somebody like Briley or Langdon or Aridus or Nordic or somebody. And though as nice as the anodize on the factory part is, none of the extension tubes in wide use seem to have it, or the more pedestrian guns that don't come from Italy.
    I believe the coating is there for function since the mag tube is part of the gas system on the 1301, the extensions don’t need to have the same coating or even the same dimensions to function properly since they are located past the gas piston assembly

My post on the topic from several years ago: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post709490

Assuming that tube is US-made, if Beretta makes the tube and cap available as parts, that should become the go-to 922(r) solution for owners of older 1301 Tacticals who have not done the Briley trigger. The older 1301 tube was ~$43. If the new tube is anything close to that, it's a no-brainer. Combine it with Aridus forend and butt stock adaptor and a US-made follower, and you're GTG.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't see any mag tube for sale on midwest gun works. I wonder if they will have them eventually?

That being said, I've seen videos that suggest a qualified armorer remove the mag tube from the receiver. I think it's in there pretty good.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ef4life View Post
    I believe the coating is there for function since the mag tube is part of the gas system on the 1301, the extensions don’t need to have the same coating or even the same dimensions to function properly since they are located past the gas piston assembly
    Doh!
    I shoulda thought of that...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't see any mag tube for sale on midwest gun works. I wonder if they will have them eventually?

That being said, I've seen videos that suggest a qualified armorer remove the mag tube from the receiver. I think it's in there pretty good.
    They listed the short one, but OOS.
    A friend is thinking about switching out hus Mossberg, and at one point I found a video of the process. It is just screwed in, but might have some glue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    They listed the short one, but OOS.
    A friend is thinking about switching out hus Mossberg, and at one point I found a video of the process. It is just screwed in, but might have some glue.
    This vid shows one way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Mag tube wear over time in high round count guns:

https://www.practical-shotgun.com/be...-mag-tube-wear
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

This vid shows one way to do it.
    I have had good results doing similar tasks by using a length of automotive heater hose split along the length. ,

Site Supporter
    @DocGKR what mag extension are you using on the 21” gun in this post? That’s the length I’m looking for.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post225522

User Tag List