Page 492 of 679 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6789

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

My 1301 is the earlier version and the interior of the stock is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    My 1301 is the earlier version and the interior of the stock is very different.
    Might it be the Kick-Off?

Huh, so this might confirm that Aridus is going to have to modify their products.

It's making me glad I bought me previous-gen LE 1301T when I did.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Huh, so this might confirm that Aridus is going to have to modify their products.
    Why? I don’t see how the inside of that stock has anything to do with the back of the receiver.

As I’ve gathered from reading EL’s posts, and mentioned up thread, Beretta is very conservative. It’s unlikely they changed the receiver geometry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Why? I don’t see how the inside of that stock has anything to do with the back of the receiver.

As I’ve gathered from reading EL’s posts, and mentioned up thread, Beretta is very conservative. It’s unlikely they changed the receiver geometry.
    I think he was referring to the modified Magpul Zhukov handguard and adapter.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/1301hga-blk/

It’s fitted to the end of the original 5-rd mag tube, with an easy option to use a Nordic mag extension. I don’t think it would work with the longer one-piece mag tube on the new gun. I appreciate the way the new tube could be one more US-made part to contribute to 922(c) compliance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I do not have one, but looking at the instructions I would think it would work. The plastic sleeve is the barrel nut, with threads up inside the forward end of it, and the back end of it lands where the typical barrel nut would. ETA: IOW, if the Aridus adapter works with the factory barrel nut I think it should work.

This setup IMO is superior, there is no joint inside the magazine tube. But extending it beyond the 7+1 length is going to require either modification to the sleeve of some type of spacer alternative. I am probably not going to screw with it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Recently got a new 1301T Enhanced version and in the process of installing some GG&G sling loops I got a couple interesting surprises!

The biggest deal is that the magazine extension "tube" is actually a sleeve that slides down over a longer magazine:

Attachment 80362

So maybe the compliance approach is installing a US sourced magazine tube that doesn't include an extension?...
    My post on the topic from several years ago: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post709490

Assuming that tube is US-made, if Beretta makes the tube and cap available as parts, that should become the go-to 922(r) solution for owners of older 1301 Tacticals who have not done the Briley trigger. The older 1301 tube was ~$43. If the new tube is anything close to that, it's a no-brainer. Combine it with Aridus forend and butt stock adaptor and a US-made follower, and you're GTG.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I do not have one, but looking at the instructions I would think it would work. The plastic sleeve is the barrel nut, with threads up inside the forward end of it, and the back end of it lands where the typical barrel nut would. ETA: IOW, if the Aridus adapter works with the factory barrel nut I think it should work.

This setup IMO is superior, there is no joint inside the magazine tube. But extending it beyond the 7+1 length is going to require either modification to the sleeve of some type of spacer alternative. I am probably not going to screw with it.
    Ah- I didn’t realize that the mag tube sleeve IS the nut, rather than being held on by another piece.

So it appears that the Zhukov with the Aridus adapter is the same length as the oem forearm. Good to know.
    Now interested to see whether Beretta would sell just the extended mag tube (assuming it would retrofit to a Gen 1)

To illustrate:

Name:  6DAB6A52-DF56-45D2-9479-508EF182C1A9.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  99.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I see that now. I applied it to the previous three posts about the stock. @destruya, that’s what I get for posting as I’m eating breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Assuming that tube is US-made, if Beretta makes the tube and cap available as parts, that should become the go-to 922(r) solution for owners of older 1301 Tacticals who have not done the Briley trigger. The older 1301 tube was ~$43. If the new tube is anything close to that, it's a no-brainer.
    You are also gonna need the magazine sleeve that is the barrel nut. I also wonder if they might have got BATF to consider that to be a "follower" or something. While it is new and different and will change my plans a little, I really like this new setup, I like the mag tube being one piece. One time while messing around changing my 391 to longer tubes I got to three-gun one day and the clamp was jacking with the angle of the tube and ruined my feeding. I had shot it at skeet as a "test", but had never loaded the tube past the joint. Fortunately, my buddy had a wrench and I took the clamp off and all was well.

Ah- I didn’t realize that the mag tube sleeve IS the nut, rather than being held on by another piece.
    I didn't get it at first, then I realized the internal threads are way up at the front of the tube sleeve

Now interested to see whether Beretta would sell just the extended mag tube (assuming it would retrofit to a Gen 1)
    Pretty sure, just maybe when. Probably waiting until inventory to be ample for there to be excess capacity. Plus it is just a tube with threads and a couple holes, wonder if somebody else would come up with one.

I am still a little curious about the potential for sticking a +1 tube on the end of mine, but would want an extra sleeve-nut before I hacked on mine. I went looking on MGW and it looks like the item is on the exploded view with no link to the parts list, wonder if maybe this is how they have always done it for MIL/LE or other countries that do not have the restriction?

Name:  MGW 1301.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  74.0 KB

User Tag List