Page 480 of 680 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Ef4life View Post
    Just to update this post - i contacted beretta c/s, the barrel should have 2 ports, so I had to send it back for a refund. Great customer service, but it sucks it’s out of stock with no eta on another shipment. So no telling when I can get a replacement. But they gave me a discount code for good for a year so that’s really nice.
    they cant drill it?
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it. The Briley trigger costs about the same as an hour of time from a decent lawyer.
    And I’ve since stolen your quote about the “hour of time from a decent lawyer”….

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ef4life View Post
    Just to update this post - i contacted beretta c/s, the barrel should have 2 ports, so I had to send it back for a refund. Great customer service, but it sucks it’s out of stock with no eta on another shipment. So no telling when I can get a replacement. But they gave me a discount code for good for a year so that’s really nice.
    Should've had them send you a 28-inch A400 barrel so you could use the gun until they could come up with a replacement Tac barrel.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Banned
    Picked up my 1301 this evening, the newer 7+1 version.

Initial impressions are it's a very nice shotgun, but only previously owning a Mossberg 590A1, the Beretta feels like a toy. It doesn't feel cheap, but I will say I do feel a bit skeptical it will handle the abuse that shotguns dish out, but obviously know it's more than capable.

Messed around with different sling mount options with the Vickers padded sling. Initially wanted to mount an Arson Machine Co. M-Lok mount to the OEM barrel clamp's M-Lok slot, but that was a no-go because the QD mount on the barrel clamp is in the way. Ended up installing the GG&G rail that installs over the mag tube and it looks great. Almost like it was a factory part.

I tried a GG&G clip mount that installs between the stock and receiver but that canted the shotgun out and away from me when slung, and didn't like that at all, so I removed it and am instead using the swivel that's integrated into the stock.

I should also note that a Magpul QDM will NOT fit in the QD mount that's on the OEM barrel clamp. For whatever reason it just wont stay in, but a normal QD does. I really wish Beretta would have made the QD on the barrel clamp limited rotation, but they didn't so it is what it is.

I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow after work when there's natural light. overall it's a very nice shotgun. I may add one of the included spacers since the LOP feels a little short for me, but it also does make the shotgun very maneuverable (I'm 6'2). The 1301 does feel a bit like a toy compared to the 590A1, but I'm sure it will be a welcome change running the Beretta in a multi-day class compared to the 590A1. Sadly, that won't be happening until the spring.
    Last edited by OldManClemens; 10-30-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    they cant drill it?
    I’m sure it could be drilled, but being chrome lined the possibility of it chipping out is most likely the reason. If they would have refunded me and let me keep it I would have found a smith to drill it.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Should've had them send you a 28-inch A400 barrel so you could use the gun until they could come up with a replacement Tac barrel.
    My tac barrel is fine, it’s the a400 barrel I bought that was not drilled for the second gas port. I was hoping to have the a400 barrel for the late dove season but oh well.

That said I am planning on getting another tac barrel for a project if they ever sell the gen2 threaded ones, I’ve only been able to find the non threaded.

Banned
    Solved my light mounting issue. I prefer a "less is more" approach, not into expensive lights, wires, pads/switches, etc.. Originally installed a GG&G Flashlight Picatinny Rail Mount that slipped over the magazine tube, but found a small piece of picatinny rail in my parts bin that fit perfectly in the m-lok slot on the stock barrel clamp, and mounted a GG&G Flashlight Mounting Ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Although I freely admit this is my unprofessional opinion, I think the most likely scenario of someone being busted for having a mag extension without also “Americanizing” their 1301 Tactical to satisfy the letter of the federal laws to regulate the importation of firearms only with “sporting purposes”, is after a self defense shooting with said 1301. Let’s say some jurisdiction like mine, San Diego, California, has a particularly ambitious DA, that saw an opportunity to make an example out of an otherwise justifiable homicide, by taking to trial someone that used an “illegal gun”, in said homicide. Why make it easy on them?

To me, these importation regulations stem from the GCA of 1934 and 1968, portions of Section 925, and Section 922R, and thus are similar to having a SBS or SBR sans an applicable tax stamp and associated registration. Again, this is just my very humble opinion, and why I installed a Briley tigger group and other 922R American parts on my 1301.
    Imagine the joy, the absolute GLEE, of the media, the STASI and the local hucksters if you blew a rathole through some aspiring rappers chest with an "Illegal" shotgun.

It could make the Trayvon/Miichael Brown/Floyd circuses look like sober deliberation.

No thanks.It could be bad enough without my help.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Imagine the joy, the absolute GLEE, of the media, the STASI and the local hucksters if you blew a rathole through some aspiring rappers chest with an "Illegal" shotgun.

It could make the Trayvon/Miichael Brown/Floyd circuses look like sober deliberation.

No thanks.It could be bad enough without my help.
    Shooting someone who breaks into your house is a hell of a lot different than the other situations you mentioned. It's about as far of the justification spectrum as you can get. It's a lot harder for them to argue against you defending yourself against a home invasion unless you do something incredibly stupid that takes it out of the justified category.

A Beretta 1301 with an extended magazine added would look exactly like the a factory Beretta 1301 now comes with.
    Last edited by Ed L; 10-31-2021 at 02:10 AM.

Banned
    Here's an even simpler light mount. Just clipped a rail light to the m-lok piece I installed in the stock barrel clamp. I think I prefer this over the GG&G mount because that one has a tendency to come loose unless you Loctite it. I prefer to be able to easily remove and install the light.

User Tag List