Page 476 of 680 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by i am No One View Post
    Run QD and QD paraclip?
    I think I have a paraclip but I like the simplicity and lightweight of the Frank Proctor sling which is 1". I have a Magpul and several Vickers slings and if I go that direction... I will consider the paraclip.

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Normally I'd amend this onto the post I just made, but I want to make sure you get the notification.

You want the Sling Mount Kit Type 1 *and* 2. That will allow you to put QD mounts on either side of the stock, and they secure each other through the stock with a screw:

https://magpul.com/sling-mount-kit-t...obal_color=118

They fit in the hole and even have kind of a "tacky" feel around them to ensure they don't move a lot. Technically you only need Type 2, as it comes with the attachment hardware, but I like getting both so they secure each other. It's way simpler than fiddling with the nut they give you. I bought mine at Lanbo's along with pretty much every other SGA accessory they had in stock to take advantage of their flat rate shipping.
    I am not finding much other than the magpul part and the one that screws into the stock after tapping. I am not going in the latter direction.

I will order the magpul part and deal with the full rotation.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Normally I'd amend this onto the post I just made, but I want to make sure you get the notification.

You want the Sling Mount Kit Type 1 *and* 2. That will allow you to put QD mounts on either side of the stock, and they secure each other through the stock with a screw:

They fit in the hole and even have kind of a "tacky" feel around them to ensure they don't move a lot. Technically you only need Type 2, as it comes with the attachment hardware, but I like getting both so they secure each other. It's way simpler than fiddling with the nut they give you. I bought mine at Lanbo's along with pretty much every other SGA accessory they had in stock to take advantage of their flat rate shipping.
    Aren't these full-rotation though? At least the Magpul part I installed on my SGA stock are, which is why I recommended having the limited rotation mounts installed.

II hated the full-rotation swivels on that stock and jsut thread the sling through the stock instead until I get around to removing the Magpul swivels and tapping the hole and replacing the full-rotation swivels with limited-rotation swivels or paying someone to do it for me.

Yeah, they are full rotation. You'd likely have to figure out some way to alter them to fix it in place, or perhaps even use Rocksett to fix the mount in place (since Red Loctite would be a horrible idea on something that anchors in a polymer stock). You'd still have the ability to minimally reposition the mount then, simply by manipulating the joined metals inside the mounting hole, and separating them would be easy enough in boiling water - just make sure to remove the mounts from the stock first, obviously. >.>

I didn't understand what you meant by "full rotation" until mulling it over a bit more.

I prefer limited rotation but since the market is thin on what fits in the magpul stocks, I am not sure on the GrovTec without some real world testing/reviews.

Therefore I decided to go Magpul for the time being and deal with the potential of unraveling the sling.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Banned
    I had no idea that the barrel clamp on the new 1301 Tactical (Gen 2+, Gen 3 or whatever it's being called) has an M-Lok slot. That may solve my light mounting problem, keep the gun less cluttered and easily removed when using the shotgun for classes. I ahve a couple of these M-Lok mounts at home from Arson Machine Co. and will see if they fit when I pick up the rifle on Friday.

And I stayed up late last night finishing reading through this ENTIRE thread. Took me days, but it's full of amazing information about this shotgun! I've already convinced another buddy to get one and his should be in on November 3rd in FDE. FWIW, Sportsman's Warehouse had/still have Gen II FDE and OD Greens in stock.

Last edited by OldManClemens; 10-26-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Got a notification email, that grab-a-gun had them in stock but missed it

https://grabagun.com/beretta-1301-ta...ng-sights.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

That would have been the perfect off-the-rack shotgun for you and the Mrs., Rob. Perfectly set up right out of the box. Another shipment will come around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Looks like they still have the Gen2 Marine version in stock:
    https://grabagun.com/catalog/product...97/category/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    That would have been the perfect off-the-rack shotgun for you and the Mrs., Rob. Perfectly set up right out of the box. Another shipment will come around.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManClemens View Post
    Looks like they still have the Gen2 Marine version in stock:
    https://grabagun.com/catalog/product...97/category/2/
    Thanks guys, I’ve subsequent,y gotten several other emails about it being in-stock so they must be coming in drips and drabs.

The older I get, the less fiddle fart I want in guns and cars. So I’ll hold out for the nexus of it being in stock and the wife showing interest.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Banned
    Thanks guys, I’ve subsequent,y gotten several other emails about it being in-stock so they must be coming in drips and drabs.

The older I get, the less fiddle fart I want in guns and cars. So I’ll hold out for the nexus of it being in stock and the wife showing interest.
    I’m right there with you. When it comes to firearms and guitars these days if I can’t make it work for me off the rack/out of the box with minimal effort or minimal modifications it’s just not for me and no sense in dumping money into something that’s like trying to pound a round peg into a square hole.

I’ve read through this entire thread over the course of a week and really enjoyed all the mods and changes and flaws people have found which has only led to improvements made is subsequent versions on this shotgun. I pick up my Gen 3 1301 tomorrow and plan on using this shotgun for classes. I be attaching my sling to the swivel mount on the stock (oh, the horror!) and most likely a GG&G clip mount up front. I am not a fan of full rotation QD’s ( and my guess is the QD is full-rotation) and also prefer to utilize the M-Lok section of the stock barrel clamp for a light mount, but have no intention of attempting to reinvent the wheel here and throw a bunch money and aftermarket parts onto this shotgun when, if I’m being honest with myself is more than adequate for my wants/needs and if I can’t shoot it accurately and properly it’s not the shotgun’s fault, it’s my lack of ability. I like to take a new firearm and use it in it’s stock form (or as close to stock as possible) in a class before really adding or changing things around on it.

With all that said I will drop in an Aridus CROM for the Holosun 507C X2 I have waiting once the CROM’s are back in stock .

So the CROM, GG&G front mount and a good sling and I’m GTG.

Apparently Scalarworks is also developing an integrated SYNC mount for the 1301 that should be out “sometime next year”. That will be nice to have another option since The Aridus CROM sells out in seconds every time they’re back in stock.
    Last edited by OldManClemens; 10-28-2021 at 07:51 AM.

User Tag List