Page 467 of 679 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Test fitting a light setup on the Nordic extension clamp. I didn't like the height of the light when mounted above in line with the bore and prefer it below as pictured but I am still not sold on the position. I don't know where or how I'd mount the tape switch or if I'd even use the one pictured but I know I don't want to swap the light to the other side and have to extend my reach to use the tail cap button switch. I do know that I will be going to the black extended choke tube, this will help to keep the light behind the end of the barrel.

GG&G also has a hard side saddle now - I don't remember seeing that before.

I placed an order for the GG&G Mossberg adapter before they "go loud" and become much harder to get. I figure I can try both and see which one feels better.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    FWIW- for me, the primary improvement of adding the Magpul Mossberg stock was the “closer to vertical” grip for the firing hand.
    With the OEM stock, I had to position my thumb on the same side of the grip as my fingers (sort of negating the whole “opposable thumb” function). Otherwise, with my body proportions, I’d whack myself in the nose with my thumb knuckle with each shot. The Mossberg grip allowed my whole hand to sit lower relative to the line of recoil movement. To my eye, the Remington version would lose some of that advantage.
    Same. My wrist position just feels a lot better with the Magpul stock. But as I have said before I don't know jack about shotguns and I am sure the Beretta OE stock probably has 500 years of design going for it in a way I don't understand.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post

The factory 'recoil rod' extends into the receiver about 10.0mm and the impact area is about 3.0mm 'behind' the receiver boss - Picture 3 - it appears the bolt is travelling about 13.0mm further w/o the factory rod and uses the receiver as the backstop
    Bolded what I think you mean measurement wise above.

Ardius mount

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Bolded what I think you mean measurement wise above.
    Damn dismal point - good catch and thank you Doc_Glock - you are correct!

I just checked mine and there is indeed some wear marks on the carrier and possibly a bit of peening at the back of the receiver, however I'm not sure if it's really damaging the gun or just my OCD.

Well, I'm just gonna have to shoot my 1301 to destruction if the buffer is an absolute must. I bought my 1301T on consignment without the original buttstock, so I don't have the luxury of swapping/ experimenting. I hypothesize that some peening will occur a la the bolt carrier on an AK where rat tail will peen to a point and stop.

Perhaps some folks who have the Aridus adapter and thousands & thousands of rounds down range can examine their receiver and chime in with some real data. This could put some concerns to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Well, I'm just gonna have to shoot my 1301 to destruction if the buffer is an absolute must. I bought my 1301T on consignment without the original buttstock, so I don't have the luxury of swapping/ experimenting. I hypothesize that some peening will occur a la the bolt carrier on an AK where rat tail will peen to a point and stop.

Perhaps some folks who have the Aridus adapter and thousands & thousands of rounds down range can examine their receiver and chime in with some real data. This could put some concerns to rest.
    It would also be nice to have Aridus themselves weigh in on this. If they can attest to a shooting schedule and round count from their R&D maybe we can have a better idea of how it has held up on their end.

Has anyone who kept the factory stock, or has the Mesa Urbino stock installed from the factory, seen the same peening/wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
    It would also be nice to have Aridus themselves weigh in on this. If they can attest to a shooting schedule and round count from their R&D maybe we can have a better idea of how it has held up on their end.
    @e_stern @SpyderMan2k4 @TCinVA

For context, see post 4656.

User Tag List