Page 453 of 679 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    That's what I figured. I'm not above spending ~$20 on "a thing," but if it doesn't meaningfully increase or improve functionality I'd rather put that $20 someplace else that does. I oiled the OEM follower along the outside and I figure that's enough.
    Others can chime in here but it's generally not a good idea to lube the follower or the magazine tube... It doesn't need the lube and it just becomes a debris magnet, trapped by the oil. The only lubricant I've seen recommended, if you simply must, is a dry lube like graphite.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Others can chime in here but it's generally not a good idea to lube the follower or the magazine tube... It doesn't need the lube and it just becomes a debris magnet, trapped by the oil. The only lubricant I've seen recommended, if you simply must, is a dry lube like graphite.
    I'll run a dry brush down it, then.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I assume the same applies to shotgun hulls as applies to metallic cartridges. You don't want any kind of lube on the outside, because part of its function is to have friction against the inside of the chamber when the inside is pressurized. If the outside is lubed, it can't grip the chamber and bolt thrust is greatly increased.

The 1301 mag tube is slick enough that I suspect the anodizing was sealed with PTFE or something similar. So there may be some decent lubricity there from Beretta.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've got a fresh, unused 12GA Viper bore brush that should work to snag what little oil I used. I just coated the follower in a *very* small amount - I didn't drench it.

The 1301's my first shotgun and I'm coming from an AR and semi-auto pistols where metal-on-metal almost always benefits from lubricant.

I've got a fresh, unused 12GA Viper bore brush that should work to snag what little oil I used. I just coated the follower in a *very* small amount - I didn't drench it.

The 1301's my first shotgun and I'm coming from an AR and semi-auto pistols where metal-on-metal almost always benefits from lubricant.
    Beretta and LTT have both put out maintenance videos on the 1301T that are on YouTube... Probably worth a watch to help familiarize yourself.

Beretta and LTT have both put out maintenance videos on the 1301T that are on YouTube... Probably worth a watch to help familiarize yourself.
    I watched the LTT one last night - hell, I watched it before I even picked up my 1301T. Oiling the follower was just my "metal on metal" habits from my other guns.

I watched the LTT one last night - hell, I watched it before I even picked up my 1301T. Oiling the follower was just my "metal on metal" habits from my other guns.
    It's not a stupid assumption.... Common sense would even suggest you oil it, but it's not a high friction and heat part. And the mag tube is coated with a high lubricity finish. Oil can trap dirt/sand and then score the lining.

Site Supporter
    Oiling the follower was just my "metal on metal" habits from my other guns.
    Oiling pistol/rifle box magazines is also bad juju, for the same reasons stated above concerning tubular magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Oiling pistol/rifle box magazines is also bad juju, for the same reasons stated above concerning tubular magazines.
    Good thing I *don't* oil those. I appreciate the advice concerning my 1301T because it's the first shotgun I've owned, but I'm pretty squared away on my pistols, carbines, and rifles.

Site Supporter
    Good thing I *don't* oil those. I appreciate the advice concerning my 1301T because it's the first shotgun I've owned, but I'm pretty squared away on my pistols, carbines, and rifles.
    Trying to multitask (feigning interest in a conversation while simulataneously perusing PF) had me read your post as you were oiling your followers on those too.

User Tag List