Page 440 of 675 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

While the A300 Outlander Synthetics that my wife and I shoot for Sporting Clays aren’t a direct 1:1 for the 1301, they are similar (as I understand it) and neither has ever been cleaned. My wife’s gun is probably up to at least 500 rounds (thinking of 100 shells/game, she’s shot more than 5 games) and mine has to be more than double that. I think I may have once dripped some 10+ year old (bottle doesn’t even look like the ones on their website) Slip 2000 EWL on the carrier, through the ejection port, at one point. I did have the gun apart once to paint the furniture, so I probably wiped the internals down at that time just to keep them from getting my hands too dirty.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Once folks understand that grease is just oil with a binder, and that the oil component creeps, evaporates, and moves leaving nothing but the binder behind that debate usually stops, too. Shotguns are not a great idea for grease because they typically shoot very dirty and the binder will just sit around and collect crud turning it into a lapping compound. No es bueno.

If you need lubrication that doesn't float out when the gun gets submerged in water, grease works. (That's why the M1 Garand called for grease) Short of that, stick to a proper oil.

What I do for cleaning the gun:

Remove barrel, remove bolt assembly, remove piston. Wipe down bolt assembly with a blue towel and some Amsoil firearms cleaner. Use a typical Brownells plastic scrub brush with some of the same firearms cleaner on the recesses where the bolt lugs lock into the barrel extension. Use the still slightly wet brush to scrub the gas piston and the gas piston's housing. Dry the piston and housing thoroughly. (Occasional efforts to de-lead may be necessary if you shoot a lot of slugs)

Once a year or so I'll take the trigger plate out and clean inside the receiver usually using a spray solvent or something to blow a lot of that crud (unburned powder, other debris) out of there.

Cleaning the bore:

Brownell's chuckable shotgun cleaning rod and a tornado brush with a little BoreTech shotgun blend. I usually clean the bore once a year or when my patterns start to get weird.

Lubrication:

I put a drop or two of Amsoil gun lube (made from genuine group 4 base stock) on the neck of the bolt, on the raceway the cam pin rides in, and a drop on each of the bolt lugs. I put a drop on each of the forend welds of the bolt carrier as they ride inside the receiver and experience some friction. (The armorer's manual calls for lubricating these points) I'll also put a drop anywhere else that's shiny from wear.

I put a couple of drops on the recoil spring so it moves freely. (The armorer's manual calls for this, too)

Suitable lubricants:

Use something that doesn't suck or leaves behind sticky residues. RemOil evaporates if you look at it funny. Slip2000 works great...and no, you don't need the EWL stuff. Regular ol' Slip works beautifully.

I personally use Amsoil gun lube, but I put it into individual needler bottles so it lasts a ridiculously long time.
    Ive had very good luck with extremely light, temperature insensitive greases like Black Rifle Balm. I like them because I shoot Benellis. M4, specifically. That said, the 1301 has aluminum on steel rails/receiver, and a rotating bolt with cam pin, also. I have found these greases excell at preventing wear for steel on aluminum, and reliability is preserved just as with a high quality clp.

Quote Originally Posted by Farstriker View Post
    Where were you able to find a comp pro style lifter?… been looking high and low and haven’t seen any.
    Any kind of issues with the gg&g follower in drills? Binding in particular.
    Sorry, I've been busy as of late with a move.

I purchased the comp pro lifter directly from Beretta right when they came out. I happened to to on their web store and saw it for sale. I'm sorry to hear that they aren't available because it's actually a really cool part.

No problems to report with the GG&G as of yet. However, I haven't done anything serious since installing it. I just shot trash in the back yard, haha. As I said, I've been busy.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 08-18-2021 at 08:18 AM.
    "Follow me!"

It would seem that the 1301 carbon fiber charging handle is discontinued? I saw it in stock when i purchased the comp pro lifter but it's no longer listed on Beretta's web store. I was curious about that CH, but went with Briley instead because it was in stock at the time I made the CH purchase.
    "Follow me!"

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thank you that is very helpful for putting things in context. And like I said before I am pretty sure Beretta has infinitely more experience building an ergonomic shotgun than me.

I have two pretty much identical 1301Ts and that test would be pretty easy to set up if I convert one back to full OE.
    Coming back to the Magpul vs OE Beretta stock conversation... I don't think the question will ever be adequately addressed at least by me.

I took the OE stock out intending to install it on one of my two sample last night and then I remembered that for a while I did have one with the Magpul and one with the Beretta stock, and I preferred the Magpul, but I never actually shot them back to back, just dry handling.

Then I realized how much a pain it is to swap this thing on and off.

Then I started to contemplate the many drop and cast adjustments available for the Beretta stock and my head started to spin.

Then I mounted the shotgun with Magpul stock a bunch of times with eyes closed and generally when I opened them I had the red dot in the center of my vision or close enough that I think I will just use the straight 'Murican style Magpul and be happy. This is using a CROM with direct mounted Aimpoint.

I still think there is nothing at all wrong with keeping this shotgun totally stock. It is a great package out of the box.

Anyone ordered a follower from Carrier Comp lately? I placed my order about 3 days ago. Confirmation email said they would call me within 2 days for payment. Then I scrolled down a little farther and it says please call or email to arrange payment. I emailed them yesterday but they have not responded. Anyone know how this wierd process works?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Originally it was call only for purchase which is what I did a yr/2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    Anyone ordered a follower from Carrier Comp lately? I placed my order about 3 days ago. Confirmation email said they would call me within 2 days for payment. Then I scrolled down a little farther and it says please call or email to arrange payment. I emailed them yesterday but they have not responded. Anyone know how this wierd process works?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    They're known for being slow. I believe it took them 5 days, IIRC, to call my friend last month after he ordered a follower and spring from them. But, they're known for quality stuff and they do deliver.

Just picked up a 1301T, took a stab at finding some parts, and feel like I got lucky and found the Nordic kit in stock for a good price. Never used these guys, but order placed. If anyone else is looking, it said 5+ in stock last I looked.

https://littlecreektrading.com/nordi...-tactical-kit/

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just picked up a 1301T, took a stab at finding some parts, and feel like I got lucky and found the Nordic kit in stock for a good price. Never used these guys, but order placed. If anyone else is looking, it said 5+ in stock last I looked.

https://littlecreektrading.com/nordi...-tactical-kit/
    That’s the last piece of the 1301 puzzle for me. Thanks!

User Tag List