Page 428 of 678 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you put the optic on the rail or use the Aridus mount?
    I used the Aridus mount with an Aimpoint Micro. I realized, however, that without the little bit of extra comb height, with my cheek weld, I was seeing more of the front sight assembly than desired. With the raised comb, the dot is still essentially centered (not that I’m all that worried about parallax at the distances I intend to use the 1301), but less of my sight picture is cluttered by the front sight assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammertime
    I prefer the OEM handguard and butt stock. With a Nordic extension, I can mount a light and sling using the OEM handguard. The OEM configuration feels and handles better for me.
    Magpul stock and OE handguard for me. The angle on the Magpul stock feels better to my wrist than OE.

But before messing with this stuff I should have remembered that Beretta knows a hell of a lot more about shotguns and shotgun ergos than me.

Hammertime
    Most importantly a Beretta shotgun handles like a dream, and putting the Magpul on degrades that feel for me. Every time I go between my Magpul 1301 and OEM 1301, I am reminded how much better the OEM stock makes the shotgun handle for me.
    Explain to me in small words what you mean by "handles like a dream'? What specific actions are involved in shotgun "handling" that are better OE?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Explain to me in small words what you mean by "handles like a dream'? What specific actions are involved in shotgun "handling" that are better OE?
    Shooting a shotgun at moving targets is all about target focused shooting. The purpose of the shotgun’s butt stock is to allow you to look at a target, quickly mount the shotgun, and make the pellets hit that spot. As a result, manufacturers spend a lot of effort on making their shotgun stocks ergonomic.

Combat shotguns bring other considerations into play, like needing shorter lengths of pull to accommodate body armor or efficiently operate a pump. That is how we sometimes end up with pistol grip stocks that make the shotgun look like an AR. I personally despise those stocks because I don’t think they are great with heavy recoil, and the pistol grip is constantly poking me when I carry a shotgun in the field. The Benelli M4 collapsing stock, for example, is perhaps my single least favorite shotgun stock ever made.

A fun test would be to set up a plate rack at ten yards, and some USPSA targets at 25 yards. My test would be six runs on the plate rack with shot, six snap shots with slugs at 25 yards to the ,owner A zone, and a three round group on the head at 25 yards with an OEM 1301 and a Magpul stocked 1301 and see what you learn. I haven’t done this test yet but will try to, sooner than later.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Hello all, new here.

I’ve had a 1301 for a little over a year. I have a gen 1 tactical, and saw mention of some of the gen 1 comp models being retrofitted with the gen 2 parts.

Has anyone confirmed that these do or do not work?

I ordered the two parts below as saw mention back a hundred or so pages that it may work and someone ordered the parts to try it. I didn’t see any post confirming one way or another.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5g371

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5h273

If no one tried yet, I shall report back when I get the parts.

Love the shotgun, been on waitlist for quite some time for the aridus handguard and crom. Probably going to use a Mesa stock instead of magpul but unsure yet.

Gen 2 parts listed above DO in fact fit the Gen 1 tactical. No issues with function.

Anyone considering the mod above, it worked on my Gen 1 1301 tactical.

Hammertime
    Shooting a shotgun at moving targets is all about target focused shooting. The purpose of the shotgun’s butt stock is to allow you to look at a target, quickly mount the shotgun, and make the pellets hit that spot. As a result, manufacturers spend a lot of effort on making their shotgun stocks ergonomic.

Combat shotguns bring other considerations into play, like needing shorter lengths of pull to accommodate body armor or efficiently operate a pump. That is how we sometimes end up with pistol grip stocks that make the shotgun look like an AR. I personally despise those stocks because I don’t think they are great with heavy recoil, and the pistol grip is constantly poking me when I carry a shotgun in the field. The Benelli M4 collapsing stock, for example, is perhaps my single least favorite shotgun stock ever made.

A fun test would be to set up a plate rack at ten yards, and some USPSA targets at 25 yards. My test would be six runs on the plate rack with shot, six snap shots with slugs at 25 yards to the ,owner A zone, and a three round group on the head at 25 yards with an OEM 1301 and a Magpul stocked 1301 and see what you learn. I haven’t done this test yet but will try to, sooner than later.
    Thank you that is very helpful for putting things in context. And like I said before I am pretty sure Beretta has infinitely more experience building an ergonomic shotgun than me.

I have two pretty much identical 1301Ts and that test would be pretty easy to set up if I convert one back to full OE.

Has anyone tried to mount a rear sight from a m4 on the beretta? Looks like it’s the same form factor just don’t know if the sizing and hole spacing is the same.

Holosun 509t on aridus crom doesn't work. Completely blocks rear sight

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thank you that is very helpful for putting things in context. And like I said before I am pretty sure Beretta has infinitely more experience building an ergonomic shotgun than me.

I have two pretty much identical 1301Ts and that test would be pretty easy to set up if I convert one back to full OE.
    Pistol grip stocks are just as useful on tactical shotguns as they are on AR15s. We're not shooting sporting clays with our 1301t... There's a bunch of Fudds in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by zoduff View Post
    Pistol grip stocks are just as useful on tactical shotguns as they are on AR15s. We're not shooting sporting clays with our 1301t... There's a bunch of Fudds in this thread
    Aren’t you cute! Let me get my popcorn…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List