Page 424 of 678 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimojo45 View Post
    Just ordered with the Haught mod, still some of those in stock.
    That’s the ticket.

Shoot a 14 inch Benelli M2 with full power Brenneke slugs and it will put what is being felt with the 1301 in perspective.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yay! Got one. Glad to avoid the ebay scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shoot a 14 inch Benelli M2 with full power Brenneke slugs and it will put what is being felt with the 1301 in perspective.
    Are you playing chicken with the grizzlies again?

Hello all, new here.

I’ve had a 1301 for a little over a year. I have a gen 1 tactical, and saw mention of some of the gen 1 comp models being retrofitted with the gen 2 parts.

Has anyone confirmed that these do or do not work?

I ordered the two parts below as saw mention back a hundred or so pages that it may work and someone ordered the parts to try it. I didn’t see any post confirming one way or another.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5g371

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5h273

If no one tried yet, I shall report back when I get the parts.

Love the shotgun, been on waitlist for quite some time for the aridus handguard and crom. Probably going to use a Mesa stock instead of magpul but unsure yet.

Thank you all for the feedback. I've been doing some DIY home renovation and have been tied up. I think my body fears the hammer drill more than any firearm now!

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    "Bird shot" encompasses a wide range of shot sizes, payload weights, and powder charges. Most people think of light-loaded 7-1/2 skeet loads when they hear the term, but hot pheasant loads with larger pellets and a lot more ass behind them also qualify.
    Duly noted!

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IME "turkey loads" tend to kick like hell. Maybe that's what you got. not sure I've ever seen a 2&3/4in shell but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
    You're probably on to something there. This is my first time shooting "mystery ammo" through a gun since we found thousands of 5.56 rounds in a literal trash can in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Sure that was a bird and not a velociraptor?
    Haha! I loved this reference.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Shot loads can be everything from mouse fart loads intended to make a day of busting clays comfortable to fire-breathing screamers designed to hit geese flying high over empty fields or kill turkeys at distances considered well past typical shotgun range. You have to determine what sort of shot you are dealing with. The simple method is to examine payload weight and either the powder charge or velocity. For example:

https://www.federalpremium.com/shots...-GMT113+8.html

This Federal gold medal load intended for shooting sporting clays shoots a 1 ounce payload of #8 shot at 1180 FPS. This would be an exceptionally mild shot load mainly intended for use in break-action shotguns.

https://www.federalpremium.com/shots...PBIX137+3.html

This is a 1 3/8 oz. #3 shot payload at 1450 FPS. This would be a pretty stout load meant to reach out and get birds flying high.

If you look at the weight of the payload and the velocity, you get a good idea of what the recoil will be like. 1 ounce is roughly standard payload for a 12 gauge. 1200-1300 FPS is about standard velocity.

A 7/8 ounce payload at 1,300 FPS will be a mild load.
    A 1 ounce load at 1,100 will be a mild load.
    A 1 ounce load at 1,600 FPS is about maximum 2 3/4" payload and will be stout.
    A 1 1/8 ounce load at 1,200-1,300 will be pretty stout.
    A 1 3/8 ounce load at 1,450-1,500 FPS will be magnum territory payload and will be stout.

Etc.

While it's not a formal formula, you can think of it in terms of

Payload x Velocity = Felt Recoil

An ounce of lead being pushed at 1,100 FPS is using less powder than the same ounce of lead being pushed at 1,300 FPS. Meaning the equal and opposite reaction at the other end will be lesser, too.
    An excellent response. Thank you for taking the time to put this info together for a newb like me!

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Just because it had a bird on the shell doesn't mean it was birdshot. Federal used to have a bird on the case headstamp of their shotshells, including their full power slug and buckshot loads. Some of the hardest recoiling rounds we were ever issued was the brief period we were issued Federal 0 Buck, 12 (32 cal.) pellet shells and they had a bird on the headstamp. I don't remember why we had them, rather than the usual 9 pellet 00 Buck (which also had the bird), but we probably either got a deal on them or someone ordered the wrong item.
    Good to know that you cannot rely on a bird to tell you what it is like my friend said, haha. I don't think I've seen 0 Buck on the shelf before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpIOlDhigw

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Ripping Winchester 3.5" Magnum shells loaded with #5 shot a few at a time through a mossy 835 is pretty eye opening experience in recoil. I've shot plenty of them, and they're just incredibly stout every time. I'd never heard of push-pull until a few years ago and I haven't had the occasion to try it with the stronger turkey loads... I'm sure they're still surprisingly strong. Ripping 3 as fast as you can do so is rough.

All that to say "bird loads" can be seriously powerful.
    At the end of the day I was happy to see the 1301 keep it's track record of firing any random 12GA shell I can find reliably. It's really quite amazing. I did actually rip through 3 of these shells with 1 of my Olins/Winchester shells mixed in the middle just to make sure my mind wasn't playin tricks on me ("I sit alone in my four-cornered room staring at candles").
    "Follow me!"

Got my tracking this morning for my CROM RMR mount. I was going to mount an RMR but I keep reading about the Holosun 508T which seems to check all the boxes. I like everything I read about it other than its made in China. Should I try out the 508T or stick with RMR?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    Got my tracking this morning for my CROM RMR mount. I was going to mount an RMR but I keep reading about the Holosun 508T which seems to check all the boxes. I like everything I read about it other than its made in China. Should I try out the 508T or stick with RMR?

Got my tracking last night as well.
    I’ve ran a rmr for about a 5000 rounds on a 22/45 and been good to go, I opted for a 507 on a g19 and have about a 1000 rounds on it. I like it better aside from brand loyalty to trijicon. Larger window and better dot. Flip side is ive read about lemons with holosun too. Looking to a 508t for my 1301 I pick up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Farstriker View Post
    Got my tracking last night as well.
    I’ve ran a rmr for about a 5000 rounds on a 22/45 and been good to go, I opted for a 507 on a g19 and have about a 1000 rounds on it. I like it better aside from brand loyalty to trijicon. Larger window and better dot. Flip side is ive read about lemons with holosun too. Looking to a 508t for my 1301 I pick up next week.
    I honestly want the 508 over the 507 just because I hate all the white logos all over the 507. 508 is all black which I like. Let me know how the 508 works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    I honestly want the 508 over the 507 just because I hate all the white logos all over the 507. 508 is all black which I like. Let me know how the 508 works out for you

Funny enough that’s part of my reasoning for the 508! The white logos are a little silly.
    I’ll update after I pick up the shotgun and reddot. I’m going to run it through some paces after I get it. 1000 rounds of #7, 250 rounds of estate 00, and about 300 rounds of turkey/pheasant and god knows what I have in the mystery ammocan. Figure that will give a pretty good break in and function testing.

User Tag List