Page 412 of 680 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Finally Slew The Weaponlight Dragon

Finally found a solution to light up the dark on my 1301T, the SureFire Scout Pro Mini. It allows positioning right up next to the barrel, out of the way. It’s relatively light and at 500 lumens is plenty of light inside a dwelling. I’ve positioned it on the middle slot of the Nordic Picatinny rail, which I think will work out. I will take it to the range and test it. I dislike remote switches due to their added complexity and time to put on/take off for cleaning, so I’m hoping to avoid all that. I plan to put the light on for HD staging, and to put on the QD mount on the same, left side for use of a sling at training or outdoor trips, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

any change between gen.1 and gen.2

Hello.

I recently placed an order for spare parts for a Beretta 1301 piston to be DLC coated.

The length of the piston is different from the gen1 one, was there a specification change?

If you know of any changes between gen1 and gen2, please let me know.

Name:  BEDED911-8FA4-4270-BB79-ABEE7570C206.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  25.2 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosuke Kutsunugi View Post
    Hello.

I recently placed an order for spare parts for a Beretta 1301 piston to be DLC coated.

The length of the piston is different from the gen1 one, was there a specification change?

If you know of any changes between gen1 and gen2, please let me know.
    My recollection is that the gen2 piston already comes with a coating of some kind, whereas the gen1 piston is raw stainless. I have seen no discussion of geometry changes.

My gun is a gen1. The ID of the piston had some less-than smooth edges, not quite clearly burred but maybe micro-burred. I took a few minutes to dress it until it felt smooth, so the rough/sharp edges wouldn't be riding on the aluminum mag tube. I see no reason to do any more than that.

@e_stern is the man for questions about 1301 factory details.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

This little guy works perfectly on the 1301 front sight.

Name:  158CC7FC-015F-42C6-AE57-B5F2CCF9A235.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  92.2 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-29-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm having what I'm sure is a very stupid problem. After finally taking my 1301 apart to clean it and reassembling, I can now only get 6 rounds in the tube. I thought it was just that maybe the spring didn't fully seat in the follower, but I took it apart and tried again with no luck. Any ideas what stupid thing I might be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    This little guy works perfectly on the 1301 front sight.
    Thanks for posting. I just ordered this set:
    https://amazon.com/dp/B08Z8DZ5KF/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

1301 Mag capacity

Probably too detailed but interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfOnUg40-4

Any chance the issue is ammo related? Some shells/manufacturers tend to be longer than others - presume the follower in the tube did decide to 'reverse' itself to thwart you

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post
    Probably too detailed but interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfOnUg40-4

Any chance the issue is ammo related? Some shells/manufacturers tend to be longer than others - presume the follower in the tube did decide to 'reverse' itself to thwart you
    I don't think its ammo related - these are Federal LE132 00. They are noticeably shorter than other 2 3/4" buckshot I have on hand. I'll watch the vid and see if it has any answers - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I'm having what I'm sure is a very stupid problem. After finally taking my 1301 apart to clean it and reassembling, I can now only get 6 rounds in the tube. I thought it was just that maybe the spring didn't fully seat in the follower, but I took it apart and tried again with no luck. Any ideas what stupid thing I might be doing?
    Sure you could get seven in before? There was an issue, discussed a year or more ago, where certain followers only allowed six.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sure you could get seven in before? There was an issue, discussed a year or more ago, where certain followers only allowed six.
    I know I got 7 in before with the birdshot I've been using at the range. Don't think I ever loaded 7 of the Federal buck at the range, but I think I did at home. I'll compare the length of the birdshot tomorrow. The gun is from Langdon so it has whatever follower he uses (Nordic I think).

User Tag List