Page 410 of 680 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Not sure why my older post didn't show the images of my gun, but here you guys go!

Name:  20210621_214733.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  20210621_193852.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  20210621_220251.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  71.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My wife is quite comfortable with her A300 as we shoot sporting clays from time to time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    If I were setting up a Beretta 1301 for someone like your wife I would not have a sidesaddle to keep the gun lighter and less bulky, and I would probably pass on the extended magazine or a light.
    I have a 391 Extreama II I been fiddling with as I have started to dabble in three gun. I have shot the thing thousands of times, a hand full of birds but a shitload of clays, am really comfortable with it, but when I put that long tube and big ass clamp on it it became downright clunky. I weighed the clamp and it was only 2-3oz, but it was way out front, and as soon as I took it off it was like "Hello old friend!!!". Just for good measure I put a slightly shorter tube on it, but that was probably a stupid tweak.

I never was a very large mammal, and now I am getting older, and am probably not in as good of shape as I should be, so some of the (lack of) strength issues might be the same. It used to be popular to run a shell holder back on the off side of the stock, if you are both right handed maybe sticking some velcro back there could be an option? Maybe mount a light on the underside of the fore end instead of out there on a heavy clamp? Just keeping stuff off of the front of the gun sure made a difference for me.

Also, is this primarily a home thing? If so, wouldn't it be stored someplace where it could just be condition one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    On another subject, is there any optic that would work on the factory 1301 mount? The Aridus CROM mounts seem to be hopelssly backordered.

For the hell of it I took an Aimpoint H-1 with a Larue low mount from another gun and put it on my 1301. Bringing it up to look through my first impulse was wow, this is the ultimate shotgun setup. 2 seconds later I realized that in order to see the dot I had no cheekweld. The factory mount and Larue low mount combo was too high.
    Not sure if the holes are all in the same places, but I wonder about the KE Arms mount for the 1301 Comp?
    http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    You would have to remove the rear sight for sure, but the sight tube could be your emergency ghost ring maybe? And OBTW, In Stock. Would be nice if it was on Brownells so you could get it and check it out and return it if you needed to, but they do not appear to list it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Not sure if the holes are all in the same places, but I wonder about the KE Arms mount for the 1301 Comp?
    http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    Screw spacing is different between the Comp and Tac.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    What parts are generally recommended to stock in order to keep these guns running? I typically try to keep a good supply of AR and Glock parts, but I'm not sure where to start with the 1301.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Off the top of my head, the only thing I can remember reading about being an issue is the charging handle.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Off the top of my head, the only thing I can remember reading about being an issue is the charging handle.
    No springs/etc. I should worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    No springs/etc. I should worry about?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfOnUg40-4

This armorer goes through what parts are common serviceable items for the 1301 platform.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by ericfussell View Post
    Name:  20210621_214733.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  20210621_193852.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  20210621_220251.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  71.2 KB

Nice. Thanks for posting the Marine with the Briley forend. I don't plan on adding an extension just yet and I also have removed the spring retention cap to fit 5 Federal shells. This essentially rules out the Briley for now, but it's the one I'm set on.

Would you mind showing a top down? I'm curious about the bead rail cut look on the 1301T. Also, what did you do about the gas system being exposed due to the shorter length?

TYIA
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by WillieBeamen View Post
    Picked up a FDE 1301 recently. I like the idea of storing it with the tube full, one shell on the carrier, safety off. Watched a couple videos of ghost loading. But I can’t seem to get it done on mine. I push the shell down, and whether I press the release button under the carrier or not, I can’t get the bolt to go forward while I’m holding the shell down as far as it will go. It’s getting caught. I’ve tried with the hammer in both positions. Is it not possible to ghost load a gen 2? Or am I missing something?
    I made a video on this awhile back but have not had time to edit and post. The reason I made one was because I had the same issue.

**with dummy rounds and empty gun**
    1. Charge the weapon
    2. Put a shell in the mag tube
    3. Double check the weapon is on Safe
    4. With the shell in your hand slowly pull back on the charging handle until you can insert the brass end of the shell into the empty space above the carrier. (This is the key part I messed up on by pulling the bolt back further than the minimum amount necessary)
    5. With a secure grip on the charging handle to hold it in place, press the feed ramp button while holding the shell in position
    6. Use your fingers holding the shell in place to press it down onto the flat feed ramp
    7. Hold the shell in place with downward force toward the ramp while slowly bringing the bolt forward over the shell on the lifter
    8. Remove your finger(s) from the chamber area once the bolt face is over the brass and on the plastic portion of the shell
    9. Push the bolt home
    10. Take the weapon off safe
    11. Rack it to chamber the ghost load
    12. Unload and repeat for practice

I switched to the Pro carrier which is basically the same but a little harder. The steps I believe are the same.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 06-24-2021 at 12:01 AM.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    All good ideas.

After the “can’t take my Glock 48 to NY” discussion last night I think she might be open to the 1301 (probably have to sell my AK I’ve had for ever a year and never shot) and the mods, or lack thereof, you suggest are good ones.

On my 870s I’ve stuck to the one-round extension, and use the sidesaddle with the Velcro, so that might work here too for differing situations.

I’m already on the notification list for the Aridus, even though I don’t own the gun, because that’s the main lesson I’ve learned from this thread so far.
    I've had the, "I can't take my body to NY/CA" discussion before. lol
    "Follow me!"

User Tag List