Page 401 of 675 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Someone is selling a 1301 Tactical barrel on eBay right now. I have no use for it but someone here may.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12472353057...2076%7Ciid%3A1

People are also scalping the shit out of Aridus goods.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15446591406...MAAOSwehJgq7-S

Not scalping, but c'mon.... just wait....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27480977998...kAAOSwovRgrHKY
    That sucks! Insert standard free market blah blah invisible hand blah blah but it's irritating that scalpers get all this stuff and multiply the price. Naively I checked all the LGSs and big online stores trying to get a 1301 and concluded they were unobtainium; then on a goof I checked Gunbroker and found 50! Same for Cloud Defensiver, backordered the whole time they've been in exisyencve but the secondary market is flooded with OWLs and REINs.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

This might be one of the best threads on the forum. And it’s pistol-forum.

Yay for this place.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    See my reply here guys. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1226205

It has to be fitted for long term reliability and possibly won't work at all if you just drop it in.

Thank you for the clear answer! While I'm bugging you about things... Are there any compatible wood stocks/forends between the Beretta 1301 Tactical and other models? I've seriously done hours of research and the answer seems to be no due to one of these factors: magazine tube length, magazine tube style, piston design, receiver length.

I would purchase one to test, but alas I cannot afford that big of a gamble. I've considered purchasing a synthetic set of black furniture to have wood dipped, but I'm not confident it would turn out right.

TYIA
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    ...Anyway, I've decided to buy on a budget and get what actually improves things. I'm planning to keep the stock furniture for now. I like the feel and the LOP. For $20 I can add a QD cup to the stock and run a side sling. I was hot and heavy for a Magpul fore-end and then asked myself why. It is easy to add on a light and a QD socket. Alternatively, GG&G sells a QD sling loop/pic rail for $41. I have a spare Olight Odin Mini that will fit on the pic rail just fine and it won't be all the way out.
    Attachment 71932

When I can find one for a reasonable price, the Aridus CROM seems to offer advantages that merit the cost. Planning on one of the Holosun 515 optics with an Aimpoint footprint. I haven't read any posts discussing this, but I think the reticle with a 65moa circle and dot could be very useful for a shotgun. 25 yards is often considered the max practical range for buckshot due to spread with an open cylinder choke. At 25 yards, a 65moa circle is about 16.25". If you're using flight control ammo, it will group tighter than the 1" per yard of travel expectation. The circle is really close to being a guide for the spread. Mount the gun and shoot when the circle covers where you want to hit and you are almost guaranteed that the pattern will be within the circle. At 7 yards, the circle on the target will be small. Anyway, that's the plan. Actual shooting will determine if if the theory is correct.

A mag extension when they can be found. The 3" competition shell lifter when they are back in stock. That's the plan.
    That's pretty much where I'm at. Spend money on what's important and get the fancy stuff later when things calm down. I like the circle dot idea. I went with the Romeo 5 simply because it's a really high value optic that I have good experience with. I think my favorite mods so far have been the GG&G light mount and follower. With the OEM follower it's too hard to tell if you're looking at brass or an empty tube. The Comp Pro lifter is whatever; I'd buy more Federal Flight Control over it, but it's a nice-to-have item.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That sucks! Insert standard free market blah blah invisible hand blah blah but it's irritating that scalpers get all this stuff and multiply the price. Naively I checked all the LGSs and big online stores trying to get a 1301 and concluded they were unobtainium; then on a goof I checked Gunbroker and found 50! Same for Cloud Defensiver, backordered the whole time they've been in exisyencve but the secondary market is flooded with OWLs and REINs.
    I happened to stumble across a Marine while google searching for 3-4 months. Knowing now that the Marine is just a cerakote job, I'd probably have just gotten a black 1301T.

Now, if only good/bad buckshot was cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    This might be one of the best threads on the forum. And it’s pistol-forum.

Yay for this place.
    That's exactly why I joined up here and started trying to give back!
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Indeed. I'm shooting for a 1301 Competition receiver with an 18.5" vent rib barrel, then I'll Mbogo the shit out of that thing.

(Inside joke for all the Symtac alumni in the crowd.)
    You get where I'm wanting to go

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Hammertime
    @Clusterfrack

Do you like that GGG light mount? I am debating getting rid of the Magpul forend set up on my 1301 and all I really need is a solid light mount, and maybe a QD socket.

I tried the similar light mount made for the 870 linked waaaay up thread and it rotates a bit back and forth under the cap.

Also it appears I order the "Left Hand" one if I want to actuate it with my left hand and it sits on the left hand side of the Shotgun? Can you confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    @Clusterfrack

Do you like that GGG light mount? I am debating getting rid of the Magpul forend set up on my 1301 and all I really need is a solid light mount, and maybe a QD socket.

I tried the similar light mount made for the 870 linked waaaay up thread and it rotates a bit back and forth under the cap.

Also it appears I order the "Left Hand" one if I want to actuate it with my left hand and it sits on the left hand side of the Shotgun? Can you confirm that?
    I like it quite a bit! I sold my Magpul handguard, and this setup works great with the OEM handguard. I'm using a cable d-ring on the sling mount. Hopefully, this is the final evolution of the 1301 for me. I'll be carrying the shotgun at our remote Alaska cabin trip next week, and will report after.

(BTW I also tried the mount designed for an 870, thought it wasn't solid enough.)
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I also bought a GG&G mount and I wanted the light on the right side(chamber side), and I really like it so far. I had planned on keeping the OEM handguard so this seemed like the best option and I had an extra Protec 2 not being used, so we shall see how long that lasts.

It fits great under the extension cap. Nice and tight with no rattle at all. I'm hoping to get out and get some rounds through it this weekend.

Any suggestions about if/how to weatherproof the 1301 while trekking around the Tongass rainforest? The weather next week looks... wet. Should I be worried about shells in the tube getting wet?

@GJM
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List