Page 399 of 678 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 6779

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Can a Gen 1 latch be converted to a Gen 2 with OEM parts?
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Can a Gen 1 latch be converted to a Gen 2 with OEM parts?
    Not sure it is same same, and I am still waiting to receive (have tracking number, but USPS doesn't have possession yet), but this is the 3" version of what I ordered:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c8c567
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c8c567
    ETA: I am pretty sure these are OEM parts.

It looks like what is being shipped on this gun:
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-comp-pro/

And my research was that these things seem to be forward and backward compatible, but know that the Tactical is on a 3" receiver and the Comp models are on a 3.5" receiver, even though they have 3" chambers (to create a bigger hole for twin and quad loading). The 3" versions of all of this stuff seemed to be more available, but I found the 3.5" version I needed at MGW.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

And my research was that these things seem to be forward and backward compatible, but know that the Tactical is on a 3" receiver and the Comp models are on a 3.5" receiver, even though they have 3" chambers (to create a bigger hole for twin and quad loading). The 3" versions of all of this stuff seemed to be more available, but I found the 3.5" version I needed at MGW.
    Speaking of that, does anyone know if can I install a Gen1 1301 Tactical 18.5 barrel on a Gen1 1301 Competition receiver?

I just snagged a Gen1 1301 Competition, and saw a 1301 Tactical barrel assembly online.

That would seem to be a great setup - big loading gate and a shorter factory barrel.

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Speaking of that, does anyone know if can I install a Gen1 1301 Tactical 18.5 barrel on a Gen1 1301 Competition receiver?
    I just snagged a Gen1 1301 Competition, and saw a 1301 Tactical barrel assembly online.
    This might be one of those things that might not fit exactly but might work just fine. If you have a friend with one you might try it and see if it works?

Thanks for any advice!
    I am kinda just pulling that out of my ass, so it is worth what ya paid

That would seem to be a great setup - big loading gate and a shorter factory barrel.
    Are you trying to get to having both barrels or just a shorter barrel? Are you worried about the Tactical front sight? If not, Briley would make your long barrel short for $225:
    Name:  225.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  11.2 KB

OTOH, did you get the Comp with 21" or 24"? And if you have the 21" that you might not want, I might know a guy who might want it. Maybe, if it fits his gun...

Thanks for any advice!
    Pretty sure it's a total no go.

The comp is a 3.5" shell size receiver (though still chambered in 3) and the tactical is a 3" shell size receiver. My understanding is that the length of the receiver means the barrels don't interchange. Otherwise everyone would be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    My understanding is that the length of the receiver means the barrels don't interchange.
    I was thinking the short one might fit into the long one, but the more I study it there appears to be a rotational locking lug set that would come up short. My idea looks like a bad idea:

Name:  Maybe Maybe Not.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  10.6 KB

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Fed LE1321B Flight Control Tactical 15 pellet 1-Buck. 30 yds. (Note this was before adjusting the RDS 1.5” right)

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yup, I finally was able to dig out some pics of the actual part of the barrel that locks into the receiver, like mmc45414 displayed. It ain't gonna work.

Cory - it's a 24" barrel, if that helps.

I'll reach out to Briley. and see if that can cut it down to 18.5". I know some folks are adamant about not cutting a chrome-lined barrel. I don't need it choked.

I have a spare Aimpoint S1 that I want to mount on the rib. I want to keep it looking "sporty" as opposed to a device from Murder Machines, Incorporated.

I certainly do appreciate the help. I got a stupid deal on this shotgun, and I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks again!

Yup, I finally was able to dig out some pics of the actual part of the barrel that locks into the receiver, like mmc45414 displayed. It ain't gonna work.

Cory - it's a 24" barrel, if that helps.

I'll reach out to Briley. and see if that can cut it down to 18.5". I know some folks are adamant about not cutting a chrome-lined barrel. I don't need it choked.

I have a spare Aimpoint S1 that I want to mount on the rib. I want to keep it looking "sporty" as opposed to a device from Murder Machines, Incorporated.

I certainly do appreciate the help. I got a stupid deal on this shotgun, and I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks again!
    Dude I was looking into cutting one of the vent-rib barrels down to fit on a 1301T and ran into the same problem, much to my sadness, because Vent Rib All The Things.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Is this bolt catch a current production change on the 1301T? It looks like the part from a Comp Pro.
    I have an Xtrema2 that I have been using to dabble in three gun, and just yesterday I ordered (from MGW) the catch that looks like this for my gun.
    I looked for the 1301T part that could be fitted with the Aridus bushing, but wasn't very available so I got the one that looks like it comes on the Comp Pro. Does your gun elliminate the dump shells lockup concern? Not like this is a problem if i am using the duck gun I never ended up shooting any ducks with, but the lockup thing seems silly if it can be avoided.

I would post better links, but I sitting on the deck of my shed drinking a beer watching the dog patrol for moles (she actually caught one the other day!), so that is priority right now...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Gen 2. The A400/1301 Comp Pro 3.5" cartridge latch/bolt release will fit an old 391 Xtrema/Xtrema II, however it MUST be fitted and timed. Do NOT just drop it in and expect it to work reliably long term. The cartridge latch timing is ABSOLUTELY critical to proper reliability and operation. I would strongly recommend that a gunsmith familiar with Berettas fit and time it if you want to do that upgrade.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List