Page 398 of 675 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I can't explain in any rational way why I hate the OEM charging handle so much. But I just do. It feels cheap, and looks like ass.
    I had thought it seemed cheap, but it works.

I didn't think it looked like ass, but then again they aren't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    How the fit of the Briley? I've heard mixed reviews.
    My Briley CH fits about the same as OEM. I wouldn't say it's better or worse.

I can't explain in any rational way why I hate the OEM charging handle so much. But I just do. It feels cheap, and looks like ass.
    That's pretty much my feelings. I primarily do not enjoy that a polymer piece is going to take the brunt of an impact from the shotgun if it were to be dropped. That's basically the only reason I changed to a metal one. The enlarged Briley (or any other make) CH would probably be more of an "upgrade" but it only makes the drop problem even worse with more leverage to bend/break the steel piece going into the carrier. I can barely fit the 1301 with a carbine in my 2 rifle bag as is. I wouldn't want an even longer handle that may require removal to fit in my range bag.
    "Follow me!"

Surprise 1301 video drop by TFB TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI9wCsFKW9E
    "Follow me!"

With so many red options available is there any consensus on which red dot is best suited for the 1301?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Surprise 1301 video drop by TFB TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI9wCsFKW9E
    That review was awesome. Absolutely awesome.I laughed out loud on my lunch break at least twice.

I still need to pickup a magpul stock to toss on, then I'm debating buying a light vs side saddle. Both are planned, but what first?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    With so many red options available is there any consensus on which red dot is best suited for the 1301?
    I don't think there's ever going to be a consensus on which is "best". Like many things it comes down to use, cost, features, and value.

My opinion is that long guns should have a fully enclosed durable optic, which is why I went with the Sig Romeo 5. While I would love to put an aim point/ACOG on everything, that's just not in my budget. For me, the Romeo 5 on the Beretta rail offers everything I need for a home defense role red dot. I also use a Romeo 5 one on my "truck gun". My other long guns have ACOGs.

There are plenty of people using small micro dots. I don't see anything wrong with that either. I can't comment on their use on the 1301. I'll leave that to others.

As I see it, the two most important factors unique to mounting a red dot sight to the 1301 are the mounting solution (rail vs crom) and the co-witness (full, 1/3, none). The Romeo 5 and anything else that I've mounted to the factory rail will not co-witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    That review was awesome. Absolutely awesome.I laughed out loud on my lunch break at least twice.

I still need to pickup a magpul stock to toss on, then I'm debating buying a light vs side saddle. Both are planned, but what first?

My family is Floridian, and I had a good chuckle at the Florida Man weaknesses.

A light is more important to me since the 1301 is staged for HD use. If it were more of a range gun only I would say go with the saddle. That being said the SOE Gear (or whatever non-Amazon brand) shotgun cars are 25-30 bucks and may be a good place holder until you get the fancy one.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 05-25-2021 at 08:53 AM.
    "Follow me!"

Sighting in with Brenneke slugs and rubber animal control slugs, which print within 1” of each other at 30 yds. Ready for Alaska.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-25-2021 at 05:55 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Is this bolt catch a current production change on the 1301T? It looks like the part from a Comp Pro.
    I have an Xtrema2 that I have been using to dabble in three gun, and just yesterday I ordered (from MGW) the catch that looks like this for my gun.
    I looked for the 1301T part that could be fitted with the Aridus bushing, but wasn't very available so I got the one that looks like it comes on the Comp Pro. Does your gun elliminate the dump shells lockup concern? Not like this is a problem if i am using the duck gun I never ended up shooting any ducks with, but the lockup thing seems silly if it can be avoided.

I would post better links, but I sitting on the deck of my shed drinking a beer watching the dog patrol for moles (she actually caught one the other day!), so that is priority right now...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Is this bolt catch a current production change on the 1301T? It looks like the part from a Comp Pro.
    I have an Xtrema2 that I have been using to dabble in three gun, and just yesterday I ordered (from MGW) the catch that looks like this for my gun.
    I looked for the 1301T part that could be fitted with the Aridus bushing, but wasn't very available so I got the one that looks like it comes on the Comp Pro. Does your gun elliminate the dump shells lockup concern? Not like this is a problem if i am using the duck gun I never ended up shooting any ducks with, but the lockup thing seems silly if it can be avoided.

I would post better links, but I sitting on the deck of my shed drinking a beer watching the dog patrol for moles (she actually caught one the other day!), so that is priority right now...

It’s a Gen2. That’s the OEM bolt catch and it works good. No shell dumping.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

It’s a Gen2. That’s the OEM bolt catch and it works good. No shell dumping.
    Well, I was saved from myself by not finding what I tried to buy!!

User Tag List