Page 393 of 678 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    When installing your own Nordic extension on, and have cut the Nordic spring it to the 12-16" length(past the magazine tube). It says to cut off in 1" increments until you are able to load the number of shells your extension is for.

When it comes to spring compression and the cycling system: If all 7 rounds load into the tube without issue, and you didn't cut it shorter than the 16", is there an issue? For those who have added theirs, how many coils did you cut it too?
    The factory mag spring is sufficiently robust that it will also work with a +2 mag extension.

On mine, I just used trial and error to get just enough coils cut that I could still move the shells a little bit with the full capacity in the tube.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The factory mag spring is sufficiently robust that it will also work with a +2 mag extension.

On mine, I just used trial and error to get just enough coils cut that I could still move the shells a little bit with the full capacity in the tube.
    Yep, you definitely want a little bit of play there to account for oddly oversized shells.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I don't have any durability concerns with the Nordic +2 extension on my gun because it is even with the barrel. It's significantly stronger than the magazine tube. I don't go spiking it into barrels at speed like the 3 gunners do, but they're also typically using a mag tube extension longer than the barrel of the gun with longer barrels overall and that mag tube extension turns into a great big lever torquing on the pretty thin metal of the magazine tube.

I don't really see that happening with my 1301 used as I use it. YMMV.
    So... I bought a “generic” Nordic +2 extension and then a separate mag nut. It was available at the time (several years ago), and MUCH less expensive than the $100-ish 1300T-specific kit with the barrel clamp and pic rail section. And available. But, it extends beyond the muzzle by about 0.75”. It doesn’t look as cool and tactical as the same-length kit from Nordic, but I distinctly remember @GJM mentioning that the slightly longer mag extension served to protect the muzzle in daily, somewhat rough, Alaskan-type use.

So - is a longer mag extension an advantage, or a vulnerability (assuming I’m not throwing it muzzle-down into barrels)?
    I like the idea of a barrel-length mag tube, but not $100+ worth. Especially after I already have a +2 capability.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    So... I bought a “generic” Nordic +2 extension and then a separate mag nut. It was available at the time (several years ago), and MUCH less expensive than the $100-ish 1300T-specific kit with the barrel clamp and pic rail section. And available. But, it extends beyond the muzzle by about 0.75”. It doesn’t look as cool and tactical as the same-length kit from Nordic, but I distinctly remember @GJM mentioning that the slightly longer mag extension served to protect the muzzle in daily, somewhat rough, Alaskan-type use.

So - is a longer mag extension an advantage, or a vulnerability (assuming I’m not throwing it muzzle-down into barrels)?
    I like the idea of a barrel-length mag tube, but not $100+ worth. Especially after I already have a +2 capability.
    This is my standard 14 inch barrel set-up. I like that the extension will contact the ground before the barrel, helping to keep debris out of the barrel.

Name:  F3151963-4CF6-4469-B6A5-8A7545DD01B7.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  033DD68E-2B64-457B-BF78-08E3618059A9.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  49.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is my standard 14 inch barrel set-up. I like that the extension will contact the ground before the barrel, helping to keep debris out of the barrel.

Name:  F3151963-4CF6-4469-B6A5-8A7545DD01B7.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  033DD68E-2B64-457B-BF78-08E3618059A9.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  49.6 KB
    Thanks, @GJM. I gather that you haven’t had any negative consequences with the extended mag tube.
    I like the idea that I can rest the muzzle end on the floor when putting a protective “sock” on the optic before storing the gauge. And that an inadvertent doorframe bump won’t change the POI for the Fed FC#1 that I’ve been hoarding.
    I’d like to think that as long as I’m not 3-gunning or planning muzzle-strikes while clearing houses in Fallujah, I’m not at risk for catastrophic failure. But wanted to see if anyone has experience to the contrary.

Thanks, @GJM. I gather that you haven’t had any negative consequences with the extended mag tube.
    I like the idea that I can rest the muzzle end on the floor when putting a protective “sock” on the optic before storing the gauge. And that an inadvertent doorframe bump won’t change the POI for the Fed FC#1 that I’ve been hoarding.
    I’d like to think that as long as I’m not 3-gunning or planning muzzle-strikes while clearing houses in Fallujah, I’m not at risk for catastrophic failure. But wanted to see if anyone has experience to the contrary.
    None of it matters if you're tactical-as-fuck enough to run a bayonet... Just sayin.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

A magazine tube that extends considerably farther than the barrel can be:

...but one that's not as absurd isn't going to become a big lever working against the magazine tube.
    3/15/2016

Took my 870 to the range today for the first time in a long while . After shooting the 1301 exclusively for the last year, today I learned that I just can't go back to a pump. The pumps will stay in the safe.

I'm leery of working on getting a mag extension til/if the other 922r parts are available again. Seems like I've had notifications on at Aridus since before Xmas.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Can the gun be ghost loaded with this lifter?
    Seems like someone else beat me to the ghost load video. Yes, you can. Would have to test your ammo for certainty. The only caveat and why I have no interest in ghost loading, is the need to have a round in the chamber:

https://youtu.be/8FWaJbxGI1g

User Tag List