Page 381 of 678 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 6774

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by BlooDReDRagE View Post
    I have a brand new 1301 FDE and I'm thinking about two toning it. Anyone with a black stock and forend want to swap, or sell me theirs if they already swapped them out for Magpul goodies?
    PM sent, I have the black OEM furniture off my 1301.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Aridus ASA SGA installation details

Put on my Aridus ASA this morning. Figured I'd share a couple details.

0. Once you get the factory stock off and clean the oil off the receiver, it may be a good idea to put some masking tape around the perimeter of the rear of the receiver. The machined corners are quite crisp (actually slightly burred) and it is very easy to crack the anodizing off that sharp edge, leaving a bright spot. Not a big deal for one's own hard use gun, but still annoying. If someone was paying you, they'd likely object or at least be disappointed with that result.

1. The instructions say it "may be helpful" or something like that to use a heat gun to remove the factory stock retaining rod. I tried it without, and it didn't work. A little heat, just enough to make the back of the receiver mildly uncomfortable to hang onto, allowed it turn reasonably easily. It wasn't hot enough to significantly affect Loctite, although I obviously don't know if that's the compound Beretta used. It was warm enough to make the aluminum receiver grow a little more than the steel rod adaptor, loosening the threads. On this basis, I'd only do this with the heat gun if I ever did it again.

I did pop the fire control group out of the receiver just to be sure I didn't cause any problems with heat and the plastic.

Also, my 12mm open-end wrench measures ~12mm+0.005 in between the flats, which allows it to rotate pretty far before it starts applying torque to the 12mm flats. A Crescent wrench tightened down snugly to the Beretta flats worked better.

2. Whatever thread-retaining compound you use when installing the Aridus screw adaptor, it will work better if you solvent-clean the threads in the receiver to get rid of all the oil before assembly.

3. The instructions say to tighten the Aridus screw adaptor with pliers. It's 7mm across the flats and I have a 7mm open end wrench, so I used that to avoid marking the part.

4. I cut the short end of the included hex wrench about in half. Shortened, it actually fits inside the tool clearance cavity in the SGA stock so you can torque the nut without having to fight interference between the tool and the stock. Worth it to eliminate annoyingness this time and available for all future times, however many that is or isn't.

Hope this helps someone.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Sorry I havent been following the thread.

The new 1301 mag release button will still dump all the rounds on the lifter by lifting on the front of the button?
    Is this correct? Is this seen as a problem by anybody?

Whats the consensus screw in choke or fixed?
    Last edited by UNK; 04-02-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Added the Nordic extension. Still want a magpul stock, and some kind of light. Probably going to do the 870/pistol light combo.

Name:  Resized_20210402_113018.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Sorry I havent been following the thread.

The new 1301 mag release button will still dump all the rounds on the lifter by lifting on the front of the button?
    Is this correct? Is this seen as a problem by anybody?
    That is incorrect. Lift up the front and one shell ejects... Lift again for the next shell.
    It's also virtually impossible to create a scenario where the tab would be accidentally lifted, however, if you somehow managed it there would be the original double-feed jam.

Please dont want to read the whole thread. What the preferred method to mount a light?
    And also who makes the preferred tube extension for the tactical model.
    BIL just ordered one and need to get the accessories ordered so thanks in advance.
    Oh this is going to be for home defense, and classes.

Mounting a light is a pain. There is a whole thread on the pain of putting a light on it. It comes down to 922r making the simplest method (ext tube and clamp) difficult.

To be 922r compliant and use an extension tube light mount, you have to replace parts (I have yet to see how mant but I think 3). So for that you’d need aridus handguards and a mesa tac or aridus stock and nordic US follower. Good luck finding any of it in stock. I’m hunting for a zhukov adaptor daily.

I tried drilling the stock handguard for a rail but there is just no clearance. I’ve settled on am 870 light mount by streamlight, but it’s only temporary because it lacks a detent for the handguard cap. GGG makes one with a detent, but it’s still a bandaid design until Aridus can get caught up enough to get more product out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Please dont want to read the whole thread. What the preferred method to mount a light?
    And also who makes the preferred tube extension for the tactical model.
    BIL just ordered one and need to get the accessories ordered so thanks in advance.
    Oh this is going to be for home defense, and classes.
    Nordic 1301 extention. It's flush and brings you to 7+1.
    Streamlight 870 light mount with a pistol light is used by @TCinVA who is the moderator of the shotgun section and a scattergat teacher. Others have used various mounts attached to the Aridus MLOK forend with click caps or tape switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Mounting a light is a pain. There is a whole thread on the pain of putting a light on it. It comes down to 922r making the simplest method (ext tube and clamp) difficult.

To be 922r compliant and use an extension tube light mount, you have to replace parts (I have yet to see how mant but I think 3). So for that you’d need aridus handguards and a mesa tac or aridus stock and nordic US follower. Good luck finding any of it in stock. I’m hunting for a zhukov adaptor daily.

I tried drilling the stock handguard for a rail but there is just no clearance. I’ve settled on am 870 light mount by streamlight, but it’s only temporary because it lacks a detent for the handguard cap. GGG makes one with a detent, but it’s still a bandaid design until Aridus can get caught up enough to get more product out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats s convoluted mess. Do you have a link to this thread? I was going to tell him to get the nordic extension with rail and call it a day. Holy cow this is gonna cost a lot of money to hang a light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Nordic 1301 extention. It's flush and brings you to 7+1.
    Streamlight 870 light mount with a pistol light is used by @TCinVA who is the moderator of the shotgun section and a scattergat teacher. Others have used various mounts attached to the Aridus MLOK forend with click caps or tape switches.
    Thanks! So I have to ask Nordic has a kit that includes a barrel/tube bracket that has rail. Did this come out maybe after The solution from TCinVA was arrived at or is his simply better?

User Tag List