Page 369 of 678 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

When I recently got my 1301 and mounted an Aimpoint Micro, I zeroed it with some slugs the range had for sale (Remington Reduced Recoil Slugger @ 1200 fps). Subsequently, a local law enforcement supply house had the Federal Truball LEB127 LRS (1300 fps), which had a similar POI at 25 yd, and a similar felt recoil - - - "not that bad", I recall thinking. I then found a semi-decent price on Federal Power Shok F127RS (1610 fps). Those also shot to a similar POI at 25 yds, but with a noticeable increase in recoil and muzzle blast. Looking at muzzle energy, the reduced recoil rounds (1200-1300 fps) were in the neighborhood of 1300-1600 Ft Lbs, while the higher velocity rounds were more like 2400-2500 Ft Lbs, in the neighborhood of 60% - 85% increase in energy (if I did the math correctly). Regardless, a substantial increase in energy and recoil. As @GJM said, an eye watering difference. And with similar POIs at 25 yds, most definitely worth chasing down the low recoil rounds for practice.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I needed to zero my newest 1301 today with slugs. Where Brenneke slugs make my eyes water zeroing a 14 inch Benelli, they still bark enough in the 1301 that I decided to get a rough zero with low recoil Fiocchi slugs. After doing that I perfected my zero with the Brenneke Classic magnum slugs and got this at 25 yards.

Attachment 64955

I next decided to see where the Fiocchi slugs hit at the same distance, and was pleasantly surprised to see the result of both types of slugs to be this.

Attachment 64956

How awesome that I can use Fiocchi for training without messing with my Brenneke zero.

Attachment 64957
    I found the same thing with Brenneke KO slugs and PMC slugs. Same Same as far as POI.

More 922R ???

Quote Originally Posted by Leezard View Post
    I've been reading through quite a bit of this thread, but still having a hard time wrapping my head around what needs to be done to extend the mag capacity of a 1301T while remaining 922c compliant.

Looks like the Langdon LTT 1301 achieves this with:
    1)MagPul Zhukov Handguard
    2)MagPul Stock/Aridus Industries Stock Adapter
    3)Nordic Components Enhanced Magazine Tube Follower

But that doesn't jive with the table and comments below. Is Langdon doing something else that I'm missing, or if I change out those parts on my own am I good to go?
    In order to install a US sourced “Barrel Attachment” ie, a choke tube made in the US and thus lopping off one more Beretta OEM part to achieve the difficult to achieve 922R compliance, what US manufacturer would you recommend I buy from??? TIA

Witness marks came in handy today. I may try a different type of thread locker. What’s everyone else using? I used the orange stuff that came with the CROM, but I have some blue locktite I may try instead.

Name:  8BA05413-FCB1-488F-84D6-DAE80835ABAD.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  22.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Witness marks came in handy today. I may try a different type of thread locker. What’s everyone else using? I used the orange stuff that came with the CROM, but I have some blue locktite I may try instead.

Name:  8BA05413-FCB1-488F-84D6-DAE80835ABAD.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  22.7 KB
    You may already know this/have done it and it failed anyway, but if the orange stuff is VibraTite, be sure to let it dry on the screw before installation. I've had good luck with it on pistol optics.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    You may already know this/have done it and it failed anyway, but if the orange stuff is VibraTite, be sure to let it dry on the screw before installation. I've had good luck with it on pistol optics.
    Yup thanks I had forgotten the name. I do remember degreasing the screws with acetone then letting the thread locker dry for about 30 minutes before installing. It’s possible I under-torqued the screws as I do recall going pretty easy with Allen wrench.

I can't say the Vibra-Tite doesn't work. I've tried it, with mixed success, likely because I didn't allow sufficient "pre-drying" before assembly.

That said, Loctite is "easier" for me to use (clean threads, put it on, torque it down). You still need to wait until it sets (10 min to cure, 24 hrs to fully set, for blue 242), so the wait time is on the back end compared to the front end for Vibra-Tite. But it has always held consistently for me.

And, yes, cleaning and proper tightening are important with either product. I'll admit to rarely using a torque wrench/driver, but it does minimize the risk of under tightening, or more likely, over tightening and possibly stripping fine threads, particularly in aluminum/alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I can't say the Vibra-Tite doesn't work. I've tried it, with mixed success, likely because I didn't allow sufficient "pre-drying" before assembly.

That said, Loctite is "easier" for me to use (clean threads, put it on, torque it down). You still need to wait until it sets (10 min to cure, 24 hrs to fully set, for blue 242), so the wait time is on the back end compared to the front end for Vibra-Tite. But it has always held consistently for me.

And, yes, cleaning and proper tightening are important with either product. I'll admit to rarely using a torque wrench/driver, but it does minimize the risk of under tightening, or more likely, over tightening and possibly stripping fine threads, particularly in aluminum/alloy.
    I’ll have to check it out later this week and report back. As I recall there weren’t specific torque specs or else I would have used the Wheeler wrench.

FWIW this mount was installed over a year ago and has had a good amount of rounds through the gun since.

I’ll have to check it out later this week and report back. As I recall there weren’t specific torque specs or else I would have used the Wheeler wrench.

FWIW this mount was installed over a year ago and has had a good amount of rounds through the gun since.
    Shotguns will pretty much knock anything loose that isn't welded on if given enough time.

Site Supporter
    Pleasant surprise with this showing up a month early. Are you all running the sling all the way out to the barrel clamp or putting the forward point closer to the receiver? Also would welcome any shortcut on light solutions - diving into the 300 pages now . . .

Name:  6E6C9D08-E143-4204-9598-44BF448D6AB8.jpg
Views: 3297
Size:  52.1 KB

Also, looking forward to seeing how this cheapo dot holds up. Just swapped it over from an unused carbine until I can round up an Aimpoint, but I’ll be much more comfortable with it as a back up if it survives a few hundred rounds here.

User Tag List