Page 368 of 675 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Adams View Post
    So I was talking with a friend of mine recently, who also owns a 1301, regarding cleaning. I typically have Hoppes and G96 synthetic products around. He uses mainly Slip 2000 and Ballistol.
    I’m just curious what some others might be using for the barrel and the insides? Given the barrel is Steelium and contain nickel, I try not to use anything heavy duty on it.

Anyone have any experience with a certain product that works best, or a cleaning guideline they adhere to?
    Kroil, and a bronze brush on a cut-off rod mounted in a hand drill. Be careful. This creates a hazmat situation.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I know the IC choke that comes with the 1301 gives good patterns with the Federal FC 00-but shooting Rio and some other brands of 00 the patterns at 10 yards are not that impressive-has anyone tried any other constrictions that have helped any-I hate to buy several different chokes,was hoping someone had tried a different constriction and if it improved the patterns of the non FC 00 buck,thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cliff58 View Post
    I know the IC choke that comes with the 1301 gives good patterns with the Federal FC 00-but shooting Rio and some other brands of 00 the patterns at 10 yards are not that impressive-has anyone tried any other constrictions that have helped any-I hate to buy several different chokes,was hoping someone had tried a different constriction and if it improved the patterns of the non FC 00 buck,thanks.
    cylinder choke not ic

I wasn’t aware anyone cleaned the barrel on their 1301?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wasn’t aware anyone cleaned the barrel on their 1301?
    I know you’re being facetious, but I have, several times in only maybe 100-150 rds of slug and FC buck. The first time I did it, I was unpleasantly surprised by all the bits of plastic that the brass brush scraped loose. I guess the FliteControl wadding melts onto the barrel a bit.
    My inner OCD doesn't like that.

I have gotten better with my training/competition gun - the LTT Elite only gets cleaned every 6-700 rds or so. And the ARs only when I’m putting them away for awhile and don’t foresee shooting them for a couple of months.

All this is significant progress from the “don’t let the sun set on a dirty gun” mindset that I grew up with.

Still seems like black 1301T gen2 with chokes are unobtanium.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I know you’re being facetious, but I have, several times in only maybe 100-150 rds of slug and FC buck. The first time I did it, I was unpleasantly surprised by all the bits of plastic that the brass brush scraped loose. I guess the FliteControl wadding melts onto the barrel a bit.
    My inner OCD doesn't like that.

I have gotten better with my training/competition gun - the LTT Elite only gets cleaned every 6-700 rds or so. And the ARs only when I’m putting them away for awhile and don’t foresee shooting them for a couple of months.

All this is significant progress from the “don’t let the sun set on a dirty gun” mindset that I grew up with.
    Actually, I do have a 12 gauge bore snake but that is the limit of my barrel cleaning.

I needed to zero my newest 1301 today with slugs. Where Brenneke slugs make my eyes water zeroing a 14 inch Benelli, they still bark enough in the 1301 that I decided to get a rough zero with low recoil Fiocchi slugs. After doing that I perfected my zero with the Brenneke Classic magnum slugs and got this at 25 yards.

Name:  CDE23BEF-A2A8-498B-8F8E-F9D56DB9FE59.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  46.8 KB

I next decided to see where the Fiocchi slugs hit at the same distance, and was pleasantly surprised to see the result of both types of slugs to be this.

Name:  B4A23EF3-CECA-499C-B6FC-68F81EB374DD.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  53.3 KB

How awesome that I can use Fiocchi for training without messing with my Brenneke zero.

Name:  80F99E71-674A-404E-9D62-08F2600B87E8.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  77.4 KB

@GJM, I found the same thing with Brenneke SF short mag slugs and Fed Truball low recoil slugs.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

@Clusterfrack and just to pile on Federal Low-Recoil 8 pellet hits to the same zero as the low-recoil TruBalls in my gun at 25 yards. Makes life with this shotgun a lot less complicated.

User Tag List