Page 363 of 680 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    I can just now confirm that the first generation 1301 Tactical loaded with #1 FC buck is good enough for a motionless groundhog at 5 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I can just now confirm that the first generation 1301 Tactical loaded with #1 FC buck is good enough for a motionless groundhog at 5 yards.
    Damn... Was anything left besides the smear?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I’m guessing there was a .73” hole in said groundhog, since the shot would still all be in the FliteControl cup.
    But I’m sure it was a decisive kill.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m guessing there was a .73” hole in said groundhog, since the shot would still all be in the FliteControl cup.
    But I’m sure it was a decisive kill.
    Groundhog becomes Groundhole [emoji38]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Well, you might be surprised, those are pretty tough little creatures. Very dead in this case, but tough. It took it in the head / neck because it was down on all fours facing me, and there was no exit wound. Literally blew it backwards and onto it's back. I took an extra slow step around my shop because I had the barrel canted in such a way that the sights were on him but I was pretty sure the charge would've taken a chunk out of my shop LOL.

The interwebz says groundhogs weigh between 5 and 15 lbs, but unless they're a baby, they all feel like 15-20 to me, and this one was no different. I do kinda wish I had my earplugs in at the time.

ETA this is the first one I've killed with a shotgun, normally I use a .22 or a .25-06. Of the three, the .25-06 is quite a bit more destructive if no more decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I do kinda wish I had my earplugs in at the time.
    HUH!? WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Handle stuck open

Quote Originally Posted by FFZ06 View Post
    First post!

Recently picked up a new 1301 Tactical (Gen 2 with the revised bolt release). First trip to the range she ate ~75 rounds of mixed bird and buckshot with zero malfunctions. The bolt locked back on the last round as designed every single time. As the shooting session rolled on I noticed the bolt release lever became harder and harder to depress. After about 50 rounds I had to pull the charging handle back while simultaneously pushing the bolt release lever to get the bolt to close. I chalked this up to the gun being new and needing to be broken in (it was pretty well oiled from the factory). After the last round of the day the bolt locked back as normal, and the shotgun went back in its case. After getting it home I pulled it out to give it a quick cleaning but the bolt wouldnt close. It wouldnt even when pulling the charging handle back a little to relieve pressure from the bolt release. A quick google search didn't find anything so here I am. I tried calling Beretta this morning but they are closed due to inclement weather apparently.

Any ideas what happen here? I'm hoping there is something stupid and obvious I am missing!
    I had the same issue happen last weekend. I baught my 1301 tactical a few months ago. Assuming its a gen 2 since I just got it? I fired it once before with no issues. Took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly after. Went shooting with it again a week ago, and noticed the bolt would get stuck open after firing the last shell, and the release button wouldn't work to close it and allow me to re load. But when I pulled back on the handle a bit, I could get it to release and close. My dad and I fired 3 boxes of bird shot each, and on my dad's 3rd box it stuck open and I couldn't get it to close again. Not sure what the issue was. But I pulled out the barrel and cleaned that, and had to knock out the pin holding the trigger assembly in to get the bolt to release and close. I cleaned out the inside and noticed wear marks in a few areas. I wanted to post pics to see if these are issues I need to be concerned about, or if they are natural occuring wear. Was planning to re assemble and test fire tomorrow morning, unless you guys think I shouldn't based on the pics. If I can figure out how to even post pics on here...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1 View Post
    I had the same issue happen last weekend. I baught my 1301 tactical a few months ago. Assuming its a gen 2 since I just got it? I fired it once before with no issues. Took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly after. Went shooting with it again a week ago, and noticed the bolt would get stuck open after firing the last shell, and the release button wouldn't work to close it and allow me to re load. But when I pulled back on the handle a bit, I could get it to release and close. My dad and I fired 3 boxes of bird shot each, and on my dad's 3rd box it stuck open and I couldn't get it to close again. Not sure what the issue was. But I pulled out the barrel and cleaned that, and had to knock out the pin holding the trigger assembly in to get the bolt to release and close. I cleaned out the inside and noticed wear marks in a few areas. I wanted to post pics to see if these are issues I need to be concerned about, or if they are natural occuring wear. Was planning to re assemble and test fire tomorrow morning, unless you guys think I shouldn't based on the pics. If I can figure out how to even post pics on here...
    Posting pics is very easy: you don’t need a file sharing service, you can post them directly.

Once you click on “reply to thread” to start your response post, you will see a selection of icons above the text box where you type. On the second, or middle, row of icons, there is a group of five with a tiny world with several chain links superimposed on it on the left side, and what might resemble a piece of movie film on the right. Next to the film icon is another icon with four tiny black squares in the corners and a very blurry tree in the middle. That is the pictures icon.

Select the pictures icon, and you will get a pop-up that says “insert image” with two tabs labeled “computer” and “URL”. Select the tab you need - I always use the computer - then select the “Choose file” button. Selecting that allows you to browse your computer and select your picture. You may need to choose a smaller file size, depending on how large the original picture file is. If you do that, the system will compress your image a bit and load faster. Once you have selected the picture, there is a button that says “upload file(s)”. Select that, then wait a bit while it loads. Once the pop-up goes away, there will be text in your message box. Don’t mess with it - that’s the code for your picture file - but you can type your message before or after the code, and even upload more pictures to the same message.

When you are done writing the message, just post as normal. Easy!

@Crusader8207

Thought I'd mess around and see how to make the 1301 a little more compact. Mesa Tactical LEO Gen 2 adapter with an SB Tactical BTFA folding adapter.

Haven't had time to shoot it yet, but it's been a fun little experiment putting it together. The AR15 buffer tube and BTFA folding adapter interface lacks an anti-rotation tab that the AR platform has with the end plate. If I can figure out a way to prevent rotation of the buffer tube this might turn out really well. Right now the only option is cranking the castle nut down and hoping the stock doesn't get knocked hard enough to move it. Otherwise, it puts the stock just out of the way for the shotgun to cycle and not interfere with the bolt release.

Name:  dQeZSAo.jpg
Views: 4208
Size:  76.6 KBName:  6CCW07J.jpg
Views: 2360
Size:  76.0 KB

That looks awesome. Could you stake the castle nut to prevent rotation, or maybe drill and tap a hole then run a set screw in there?

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    @Crusader8207

Thought I'd mess around and see how to make the 1301 a little more compact. Mesa Tactical LEO Gen 2 adapter with an SB Tactical BTFA folding adapter.

Haven't had time to shoot it yet, but it's been a fun little experiment putting it together. The AR15 buffer tube and BTFA folding adapter interface lacks an anti-rotation tab that the AR platform has with the end plate. If I can figure out a way to prevent rotation of the buffer tube this might turn out really well. Right now the only option is cranking the castle nut down and hoping the stock doesn't get knocked hard enough to move it. Otherwise, it puts the stock just out of the way for the shotgun to cycle and not interfere with the bolt release.

Name:  dQeZSAo.jpg
Views: 4208
Size:  76.6 KBName:  6CCW07J.jpg
Views: 2360
Size:  76.0 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List