Page 361 of 678 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Thanks for the links dfeder530, I was looking for a single nut MLOK sling mount that would fit in that half slot forward of the receiver. I mounted a light on the left side and my final task was to set up my sling. I decided to use my MS3 with QD front and rear so I included a Magpul MLOK QD sling mount and another QD sling swivel to snap into the Paraclip. I ran into 2 problems: the standard 2-nut sling mount doesn’t fit where I want it and I need to order a Magpul sling mount kit type 1 to utilize QD on the Magpul SGA stock. Having to order more stuff to utilize QD in the stock is annoying but I guess I should’ve known so I could save on shipping. A Google image search turned up the perfect sling mount, a Low Profile MLOK QD swivel from Griffin Armament; problem is that it’s discontinued and unavailable. I was searching for an alternative when I read about the IWC offering. Now I just need to get the debit card out and get that stuff on it’s way.

Minimum to keep 922c compliant

I've been reading through quite a bit of this thread, but still having a hard time wrapping my head around what needs to be done to extend the mag capacity of a 1301T while remaining 922c compliant.

Looks like the Langdon LTT 1301 achieves this with:
    1)MagPul Zhukov Handguard
    2)MagPul Stock/Aridus Industries Stock Adapter
    3)Nordic Components Enhanced Magazine Tube Follower

But that doesn't jive with the table and comments below. Is Langdon doing something else that I'm missing, or if I change out those parts on my own am I good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So even if you do the Aridus buttstock and Zhukov forend conversion, and add a Nordic follower, you won't get there. Maybe if there was a US-made copy of the magazine tube or something, but there's been no discussion I've seen of such a thing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Looking at @OlongJohnson 's excellent post, my read is that with the Aridus buttstock, Zhukov forend conversion, Nordic follower, and a US made choke, the new 1301 would meet the 10-part 922r limitation? Anyone able to check my math?

EDIT. Nope. This isn't right. I missed the fact that the list didn't include the choke in the count. Dammit.

Looks like I'll be waiting for someone to bring out a US made mag tube or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Note: I am not a lawyer, and I have never been qualified to testify as a firearms expert. However, I'm better than average at reading and writing English and have studied the questions I discuss here extensively for my own purposes. This post is merely me sharing my findings as I understand them. This post is in no way legal advice. Do your own research and consult your own attorney if you care to before acting.

I've generally advocated a strict interpretation of 922(r) compliance when the question has come up in this thread. I've pretty much covered my opinions on that elsewhere. Here's the language, as I've sourced it, for those who haven't read it lately:

There are a couple other documents in the chain, but at the end of the day, the BATFE has decided that a semiautomatic shotgun with a magazine capacity (even tubular mag) of more than five rounds is not "particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes." Some may argue that, but we're stuck with it until Congress and the President do something about it.

All this matters, because I'd really like to add a couple rounds of capacity to the mag tube and maybe get a place to mount some Pic rail and/or a sling on a 1301T without performing an act that many people understand to violate the Federal law above.

The rest of this post is just nuts and bolts of it, as well as an option I recently discovered that I believe is the first commercially available solution to get the "parts count" to ten or lower, thereby allowing the legal installation of a mag extension.

The following table is my assessment of the Beretta 1301 Tactical's parts count versus the list that is relevant to 922(r). The columns are:
    • The way it comes.
    • Briley match trigger plus Nordic follower.
    • Aridus current and future stuff plus Nordic follower.
    • A letter posted earlier in this thread from the ATF, with what I believe to be errors highlighted (explained in the comments below the table).

922(r) Parts List OEM A B ATF letter posted on P-F Note
    1 Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings 1 1 1 1
    2 Barrels 1 1 1 1
    3 Barrel extensions 1 1 1 X a
    4 Mounting blocks (trunions)
    5 Muzzle attachments f
    6 Bolts 1 1 1 1
    7 Bolt carriers 1 1 1 1
    8 Operating rods e
    9 Gas pistons 1 1 1 X b
    10 Trigger housings 1 1 1 1
    11 Triggers 1 Briley 1 1
    12 Hammers 1 Briley 1 1
    13 Sears c
    14 Disconnectors 1 Briley 1 1 d
    15 Buttstocks 1 1 Aridus 1
    16 Pistol grips
    17 Forearms, handguards 1 1 Aridus 1
    18 Magazine bodies 1 1 1 1
    19 Followers 1 Nordic Nordic 1
    20 Floorplates
    Sum:
    14 10 11 12

(Sweet, that table thing worked...)

Notes:
    1. Stainless barrel extension is exactly analogous to the part called a "barrel extension" on an AR-15. Beretta exploded parts view shows it as a separate piece that is threaded on. It may be sold as a unit with the barrel, but AR-15 barrels are sold that way, too.
    2. It is inarguable that there is a gas piston in the gun. Beretta exploded parts view on Brownell's calls it that.
    3. The 1301 trigger is similar to the AR-15 trigger. The "sear" feature that hooks and releases the hammer is integral to the trigger, so cannot be counted as a separate part.
    4. There is a part that operates exactly as the "disconnector" in the AR-15 trigger system.
    5. Welded to bolt carrier, making them one part.
    6. Note that on the Comp and the new version Tactical launched at SHOT, unless the chokes are sourced from a US supplier, they will add a count on this line. Fortunately, it's not hard to replace them with US chokes, or add an Aridus Magpul buttstock conversion.

So even if you do the Aridus buttstock and Zhukov forend conversion, and add a Nordic follower, you won't get there. Maybe if there was a US-made copy of the magazine tube or something, but there's been no discussion I've seen of such a thing yet.

I've presumed the use of the Nordic follower because it's generally reported to work well and is affordable and readily available.

So, what's all this about Briley? A couple years ago, I hit up all the usual suspects for triggers and none of them indicated any interest in the 1301. Then, a few weeks back, someone in this thread mentioned the idea of sending their barrel to Briley to get it machined for chokes. I went to their web site to learn more, and realized they are about 20 minutes from my office in Houston. They have a match trigger for the A400. If you go to the linked page, you'll see one note all the way at the bottom that it also works with the 1301. All the parts are made here in Houston, Texas, USA. So that gets you down to 11. Add the Nordic follower or the Aridus/Magpul buttstock, and you're under the wire.

The trigger is adjustable, so it can be set up to match the original pull weight of the 1301T, in spite of being a "match" trigger. It's an all-or-nothing deal; all three parts are required for the system. You have to deliver your trigger group to them (ship it or drop it off if you're local). Turnaround is about two weeks. They fit the parts and test fire it, and they may even do a little bit of deburring on the sharp edges of the lifter. It's not inexpensive, but it's less than an hour of a really good lawyer's time.

http://www.briley.com/p-58887-berett...-triggers.aspx

Attachment 23790
    (Grabbed Briley's image, but I figure this wholly positive discussion of it falls under "fair use.")

My trigger finger is under medical care at the moment, so I can't comment on performance or feel, but the parts do look nice. The trigger has the yellow-orange color of TiN, fairly close to the CAD rendering in the image above.

Have fun with your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Leezard View Post
    I've been reading through quite a bit of this thread, but still having a hard time wrapping my head around what needs to be done to extend the mag capacity of a 1301T while remaining 922c compliant.

Looks like the Langdon LTT 1301 achieves this with:
    1)MagPul Zhukov Handguard
    2)MagPul Stock/Aridus Industries Stock Adapter
    3)Nordic Components Enhanced Magazine Tube Follower

But that doesn't jive with the table and comments below. Is Langdon doing something else that I'm missing, or if I change out those parts on my own am I good to go?
    Langdon commented on this here. I guess it only has 10 parts to begin with?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post921403

Honestly this whole thing makes me not want the extension tube. If it were for a competition gun it would be fine. I don't expect federal agents to show up and ask me to start counting parts on my gun. But for home defense it's a different story. If I should ever need to use it, I don't want it to be with a gun that I'm "pretty sure" isn't in violation of federal laws. Sigh.

5 in the tube + 1 ghost loaded isn't too bad. But man, what a shame because of a stupid law.
    Last edited by matto; 09-10-2020 at 09:56 AM.

I think I found the answer.
    QUOTE=LangdonTactical;921403]Because according to the letter from the ATF in my file cabinet, the 1301 Tactical and 1301 Comp only have 13 parts total. One of those parts is the magazine follower according to them. We are only using 10 imported parts by their count to build this shotgun.

Hope that clears things up.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Mike Belkin; 09-10-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks, Matto. We must have been posting at the same time.

Staying compliant in the current climate seems wise.
    Last edited by Mike Belkin; 09-10-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Belkin View Post
    Thanks, Matto. We must have been posting at the same time.
    I assume the Gen 2 choke counts? And it needs to be replaced with a US-made choke?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I assume the Gen 2 choke counts? And it needs to be replaced with a US-made choke?
    That could explain the +1 count difference between Mr. Langdon's letter on file and the list of 12 parts posted previously. In the event that you were happy with that letter, the buttstock, forend and follower would get you down to 10, so Italian chokes would be OK.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Actually, yeah you're probably right. Langdon mentions the 1301 comp in his post as also having only 13 parts. Didn't that always have a removable choke?

He also sells the gen 2 Tactical and doesn't mention replacing the choke.
    Last edited by matto; 09-10-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Beretta 1301T with Mesa Tactical LEO adapter along with his little brother, TAC13 with Mesa Tactical LEO adapter and SB pistol brace

Name:  670AFECB-1834-44E2-90FB-3E37ED9DB333_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 5684
Size:  32.2 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Beretta 1301T with Mesa Tactical LEO adapter along with his little brother, TAC13 with Mesa Tactical LEO adapter and SB pistol brace

Name:  670AFECB-1834-44E2-90FB-3E37ED9DB333_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 5684
Size:  32.2 KB
    How do you like the LEO adapter? Can you possibly give a comparison to the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock? For some reason I really like pistol grip stocked shotguns and haven't seen any feedback on how this stock adapter works. I'm also starting to wonder if you can add a folding stock with a Law folder or picatinny adapter to the buffer tube threads... because why not?

User Tag List