Page 355 of 675 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 6746

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Nordic extension, Bueller, Bueller?

Has anyone had any luck finding a nordic extension for their 1301? I have a kit on order with opticsplanet, but that was placed 2 months ago, with no movement yet. They do say 6-10 months out but I was (perhaps naively) hoping it was an exaggeration.

BTW, thanks for this thread! It's very helpful for newbs like me.

Hey all, is it normal for the magazine spring to creak/squeak when loading shells? Sounds like an old screen door opening/closing. 😀

Pulled out spring, looks straight and good condition. Only use it once. Lube'd it and mag tube. Still making same noise.

Just want to make sure it's not something i need to be concerned with.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Mag springs in shotguns will make a little noise as you load them. The spring is free to move about the mag tube and will usually bend up against the walls of the mag tube at random places as it goes under tension.
    3/15/2016

Finally got the call from Langdon. Mine should be here next week. Has anyone tried to find buckshot lately. LMFAO

I’ve been checking my inbox and spam several times a day for the past month, hoping to see my Langdon Tactical invoice. Guess I’ll break down and call to see what’s up.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    I’ve been checking my inbox and spam several times a day for the past month, hoping to see my Langdon Tactical invoice. Guess I’ll break down and call to see what’s up.
    Probably filling orders as they can get the supply necessary to do so.

The 1301 comes from Italy. Italy was hit hard by COVID and production of just about everything shut down. That has long term impacts on the supply chain.

Aridus has been busy as hell working on getting the new facility up and running fully, getting a new CNC machine online, and working on back orders.

LTT relies on both to be able to ship their 1301 package, so they're at the mercy of things out of their control.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Probably filling orders as they can get the supply necessary to do so.

The 1301 comes from Italy. Italy was hit hard by COVID and production of just about everything shut down. That has long term impacts on the supply chain.

Aridus has been busy as hell working on getting the new facility up and running fully, getting a new CNC machine online, and working on back orders.

LTT relies on both to be able to ship their 1301 package, so they're at the mercy of things out of their control.
    Also the Nordic Industries parts as well.

1301 comp with Nordic +2 extension:

Loading 6 or 7 shells into the tube, then pressing the shell release (small tab that puts shell onto lifter to be chambered) doesn't work. It appears the magazine spring is pushing on the stack of shells with too much force to allow the shell latch to let one go. If I put a little inward pressure on the rim of the shell or only load 5 shells it releases one every time.

Anybody else experience this? I'm guessing I could clip some coils off the magazine spring until it lets go reliably, but I thought I'd pop in here first to see if I'm missing something.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    1301 comp with Nordic +2 extension:

Loading 6 or 7 shells into the tube, then pressing the shell release (small tab that puts shell onto lifter to be chambered) doesn't work. It appears the magazine spring is pushing on the stack of shells with too much force to allow the shell latch to let one go. If I put a little inward pressure on the rim of the shell or only load 5 shells it releases one every time.

Anybody else experience this? I'm guessing I could clip some coils off the magazine spring until it lets go reliably, but I thought I'd pop in here first to see if I'm missing something.
    Did you install the extension yourself? There are instructions included (and on their website) that instruct you how to measure and cut their spring to fit your particular application. I can assure you that the uncut Nordic spring is far too long as I cut probably 10" off mine but don't use that measurement because my memory sucks... But definitely cut it down if it's hasn't been done yet.
    Either way, check their instructions against what your spring currently measures and trim it if necessary... If it's already the correct length you have a different issue.

Thanks. The original owner (PF member) says it was cut correctly. I did remove the extension at one point and reassemble it, so I'm wondering now if I didn't seat the spring into the follower properly and that's causing too much tension. I will dig into it further. Thanks!
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

User Tag List