Page 353 of 678 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Adams View Post
    Too high to use with stock irons for sure, but I think it still could be of use if zeroed properly. I've thought about getting an M2 or S1, but the EOTech is free, and I do like the larger window.
    I could be mistaken but I believe I've seen on here it's not just an issue with cowitness, but of heavy optics not being held onto by those mounts under heavy shotgun recoil impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I could be mistaken but I believe I've seen on here it's not just an issue with cowitness, but of heavy optics not being held onto by those mounts under heavy shotgun recoil impulses.
    That I could see. Specially since the 1301 rail isn’t even a true picatinny; not enough pressure being applied across a broader surface area.

Site Supporter
    Too high to use with stock irons for sure, but I think it still could be of use if zeroed properly. I've thought about getting an M2 or S1, but the EOTech is free, and I do like the larger window.
    You're missing the point. Regardless of the irons you wont be able to get anything approximating a proper cheek weld or consistent firing position, even if you swapped to a Magpul SGA stock with risers.

The weight of the optic in relation to the mounting rail and how well the EO-tech will tolerate 12 gauge recoil are also potential issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You're missing the point. Regardless of the irons you wont be able to get anything approximating a proper cheek weld or consistent firing position, even if you swapped to a Magpul SGA stock with risers.

The weight of the optic in relation to the mounting rail and how well the EO-tech will tolerate 12 gauge recoil are also potential issues.
    People use RDS/ HWS on handguns and rifles without irons all the time...

I can’t speak to the Eotech, but I used an Aimpoint on my 11-87 at Gunsite’s 260 with no issues. Also have used an Aimpoint on a .375 H&H, .416 Rigby, and .458 Lott without issue. A micro is the only Aimpoint I have ever broken.

Ten to twenty years ago, when the 870 was “the fighting shotgun,” Hans Vang had a piece on why the 870P was superior to a regular 870. I used the Police model, but when making a great 870, went with an older Wingmaster, that was slicker yet than a 870P. The only downside to a Wingmaster, if you want to call it a downside, is they were 2.75 not 3 inch.

Today, for so many reasons, the 1301 has become the Glock 19 of combat shotguns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I know, read what I wrote again.

The XPS will be too high to use effectively on the 1301.

Nothing to do with the irons.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can’t speak to the Eotech, but I used an Aimpoint on my 11-87 at Gunsite’s 260 with no issues. Also have used an Aimpoint on a .375 H&H, .416 Rigby, and .458 Lott without issue. A micro is the only Aimpoint I have ever broken.

Ten to twenty years ago, when the 870 was “the fighting shotgun,” Hans Vang had a piece on why the 870P was superior to a regular 870. I used the Police model, but when making a great 870, went with an older Wingmaster, that was slicker yet than a 870P. The only downside to a Wingmaster, if you want to call it a downside, is they were 2.75 not 3 inch.

Today, for so many reasons, the 1301 has become the Glock 19 of combat shotguns.
    You can low mount 30mm aimpoints.

The XPS is like trying to run a 30mm aimpoint on a conventional stock shotgun with an AR height mount.

Thanks for the info I was hoping they might be milled to the same pattern underneath the sight and rail.

I have an EOtech XPS coming my way, I thought I would just see if it was doable. I guess I could still mount the XPS, but I doubt I'd ever find a set irons to match the reticle.
    The XPS will be way too high and top heavy.

There are practical reason the Aimpoint Micro, RMR and their Holosun clones are the standard on these guns.

I know, read what I wrote again.

The XPS will be too high to use effectively on the 1301.

Nothing to do with the irons.
    You can low mount 30mm aimpoints.

The XPS is like trying to run a 30mm aimpoint on a conventional stock shotgun with an AR height mount.
    I’m not a 1301 owner yet, but I can’t see something as tall as this from base to centerline of optic being a good choice on a shotgun of any sort, and still expect to get anything close to a checkweld with any stock.

Name:  2E0BA770-E5A8-4C2D-9280-D41F6FFA14DE.jpeg
Views: 1364
Size:  14.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m not a 1301 owner yet, but I can’t see something as tall as this from base to centerline of optic being a good choice on a shotgun of any sort, and still expect to get anything close to a checkweld with any stock.

Name:  2E0BA770-E5A8-4C2D-9280-D41F6FFA14DE.jpeg
Views: 1364
Size:  14.1 KB
    I mean, you can put it on there but it's probably going to rip the rail clean off the gun in relatively short order. The SAS uses the EOThing on their Benellis but for specific reasons and the queen pays for their stuff when it breaks.

In addition to a lack of cheek weld and the plethora of issues that brings to the table.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I mean, you can put it on there but it's probably going to rip the rail clean off the gun in relatively short order. The SAS uses the EOThing on their Benellis but for specific reasons and the queen pays for their stuff when it breaks.

In addition to a lack of cheek weld and the plethora of issues that brings to the table.
    Would you care to elaborate on the specific reasons the SAS uses it? Is it night vision related?

User Tag List