Page 349 of 679 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

KZ extension observation

I recently had need to remove my KZ extension and reinstall. I noticed the QD cup on the end cap was a rotating design. I believe this to be a flaw. If you insert a QD loop in the cap it can twist such that the sling loop will obstruct your barrel. I don’t know if this would happen while firing but it is easily possible. I would prefer a non rotating design so that the sling loop doesn’t obstruct the barrel

You won't find a better price than that. It's the last one from their distributor, so my guess is they're just clearing it out.

Pics show a Gen 1 no-choke barrel and what looks to me to be a Gen 2 bolt release. That's how mine is. I call it Gen 1.5.

Correction: The pic shows a Gen 1 bolt release. I got a Gen 2 release on mine when I thought it was going to have a Gen 2 release.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Recently found a number of gen 1 tactical in Seattle area. 3-4 different stores with them. They are not a fast seller as most want a pump or "shockwave" type bs (and they are big $ relative to an 870) Generally very rare. One shop told me right now so low on all product they will take anything distributor has.

I really want a comp. However would have taken a Tac. if it had chokes. (think re-sale)

Carrier Comp follower and 1301 Comp "welded" lifter

Has anyone tried using the Carrier Comp follower on a 1301 Comp instead of the Tactical? I just got a Gen2 24" Comp and installed the Carrier Comp red follower. The nub protrusion that solves the jamming problem can touch the end of the lifter. Occasionally, the lifter gets stuck in the up position wedged against the follower. Has anyone else seen this issue? Maybe it's not a problem with the 1301 Tactical lifter or my particular gun has tighter clearance in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Has anyone tried using the Carrier Comp follower on a 1301 Comp instead of the Tactical? I just got a Gen2 24" Comp and installed the Carrier Comp red follower. The nub protrusion that solves the jamming problem can touch the end of the lifter. Occasionally, the lifter gets stuck in the up position wedged against the follower. Has anyone else seen this issue? Maybe it's not a problem with the 1301 Tactical lifter or my particular gun has tighter clearance in that area?
    Slight veer but I have a new in the sealed sleeve Carrier Comp follower that I'm not going to need, PM me if anyone WTB it & now back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I use it and do not have that problem. In fact I use a Taccom load assist to bridge the gap even more.

Site Supporter

Reflex-type RDS?

Has anyone here tried an RMR other reflex sight on a 1301T?

I’ve currently got an RMO on mine, but am considering trying a Holosun 507 or 508T on it to reduce bulk.
    Then move the RMO to a new AR pistol. Or put the Holosun on the AR pistol...

Thoughts?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Yes, I have.

in general I greatly prefer an enclosed emitter optic on a long gun.

The Holosun specifically is not as bright as I would like it to be, but I have vision issues that make seeing red in bright daylight more difficult for me. Most don't, so I can't say what it will look like for you.
    3/15/2016

One of my two 1301Ts (both "1st gen," if that matters) will no longer reliably release a shell from the magazine using what the manual calls the "carrier stop button." Both snap caps and live shells. This means I can't store the thing "cruiser ready", which is the only status that makes sense for me.
    Beretta customer service said the thing isn't supposed to feed that way, that it needs recoil to aid feeding, and that it must be port loaded. I think that's a load of crap. My other 1301 releases shells, and the problem one used to; furthermore these things are too expensive to be that kind of pain in the ass.
    Anybody have any suggestions as to what I ought to take a look at? After snapping the charging handle on the other gun, and now this, I' starting to think these things are just damn fragile.

User Tag List