Page 334 of 679 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Is it just supply and demand or is there a technical reason no one offers a full length tube instead of an extension?
    I've wondered that. I assume it's at least perceived supply and demand, as there area options for such with Benellis. Now that the 1301 has been the new hotness for several years, maybe that will change. There is one possible technical issue, which is that the gas piston uses the OD of the mag tube as a guide rod as well as sealing surface, and the tube seems to have more than basic anodizing on it (maybe a Teflon sealer?). I don't know whether that would be a show stopper for an aftermarket tube, or just nobody's tried.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    I just ordered this setup, after adding up all the parts I didn’t see how I could go wrong with the deal and I don’t have to hunt for anything, it’ll just show up. I really wanted the FDE stock and handguard though.
    It's definitely the "easy button" when it comes to the shotgun.

For now i have solved the QD swivel problem front and rear.
    Added these nice sockets that are held in place with a nut from the inside.

I am thingking about a 3D printed flashlight holder as it will not be in constant use but would only have to hold up for once in a life time :-)

Name:  20200428_125349.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  43.3 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...8108239&sr=8-1

While you could 3D print one, I can tell you that the Streamlight 870 mount has been on my 1301 through thousands of shells without issue. It's cheap and effective.
    3/15/2016

Mag Extension- can't get my hands on 1301 Tactical MXT Extension Kit - Nordic

Finally decided that my collection of Walther's (PPQ, PPS,..) and my 10/22 wouldn't cut it during the next Zombie Apocalypse (ok maybe I played too many rounds Call of Duty III with my kids / girlfriend - the latter really kicks my a...) - so I went for a semi-automatic (more seriously I have been looking for a tactical shotgun for a while , and after considering the typical Benelli M2/M4 suspects settled on the 1301). I got a great price on a Gen 1 at GunPrime and they shipped the next day. So while I am waiting for it to show up at my local club/dealer (tomorrow ... yeah) I have been loading up on ammo and looking for some accessories to make it even better for its intended HD purpose (and some range time).

Among other things I am planning to get a Railmaster 204 (Green Laser) - which I expect to use both on my 1301 and my PPQ - but it seems close to impossible to get the Extension Kit by Nordic Components (and yes I rather not have the mag extend beyond the barrel). Any leads on where to get it (without having to shorten a tube) or when it might become available again?

There is an alternative kit at boatach (KZ Beretta 1301 Tactical Magazine Tube Extension Kit) but I haven't seen a lot of reviews and it is definitely a more clunky solution.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Z
    Last edited by ZlikeZebra; 04-29-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZlikeZebra View Post
    Finally decided that my collection of Walther's (PPQ, PPS,..) and my 10/22 wouldn't cut it during the next Zombie Apocalypse (ok maybe I played too many rounds Call of Duty III with my kids / girlfriend - the latter really kicks my a...) - so I went for a semi-automatic (more seriously I have been looking for a tactical shotgun for a while , and after considering the typical Benelli M2/M4 suspects settled on the 1301). I got a great price on a Gen 1 at GunPrime and they shipped the next day. So while I am waiting for it to show up at my local club/dealer (tomorrow ... yeah) I have been loading up on ammo and looking for some accessories to make it even better for its intended HD purpose (and some range time).

Among other things I am planning to get a Railmaster 204 (Green Laser) - which I expect to use both on my 1301 and my PPQ - but it seems close to impossible to get the Extension Kit by Nordic Components (and yes I rather not have the mag extend beyond the barrel). Any leads on where to get it (without having to shorten a tube) or when it might become available again?

There is an alternative kit at boatach (KZ Beretta 1301 Tactical Magazine Tube Extension Kit) but I haven't seen a lot of reviews and it is definitely a more clunky solution.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Z
    Congratulations in the gun. You might consider skipping the laser and getting a sling and a light. Preferably from the Wilderness and Surefire respectively.

Thanks.

The Crimson Trace CMR-204 Rail Master is a combination of Laser and a light (and I really want to try the laser on my Walther PPQ). Do I need a sling given that I want to mainly use it for HD purposes? I did order a shotgun card (MidwayUSA - based on what was available) and got the industrial strength velcro (recommended on this site - thank you) to go with. Still - I really want a mag extension - and I need the rail to go with it to mount the Laser/Light. I will look at Wilderness and Surefire.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Congratulations in the gun. You might consider skipping the laser and getting a sling and a light. Preferably from the Wilderness and Surefire respectively.

For those looking for extension tubes Lancer makes a nice one in carbon fiber

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    For those looking for extension tubes Lancer makes a nice one in carbon fiber
    You got me curious, even though I have a Nordic extension...
    Lancer is out of stock on the CF +2 and +3 tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZlikeZebra View Post
    Thanks.

The Crimson Trace CMR-204 Rail Master is a combination of Laser and a light (and I really want to try the laser on my Walther PPQ). Do I need a sling given that I want to mainly use it for HD purposes? I did order a shotgun card (MidwayUSA - based on what was available) and got the industrial strength velcro (recommended on this site - thank you) to go with. Still - I really want a mag extension - and I need the rail to go with it to mount the Laser/Light. I will look at Wilderness and Surefire.
    Have you had any formal defensive shotgun training? You might consider taking a class before spending money on accessories. It will give you a chance to run your gun under a bit of stress, nail down the manual of arms and mechanics of operating it, and see what gear works for others.

There are some who will tell you that you don't need a sling on a dedicated home defense gun. Personally, I disagree. The sling is to the shotgun what the holster is to the pistol. It gives you a place to put it when you need your hands free while maintaining control. If you need to lock/unlock a door, make a phone call, or render medical aid, I think the sling is important. If you envision a scenario where you need to carry the gun outside your house, the sling becomes essential. A slung long gun presents a very different image and threat profile to those around you than one in your hands.

I don't have a mag extension on my 1301. Putting an extension on a foreign made semi-auto shotgun arguably subjects you to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. 922(r), and I don't want to swap out a bunch of other parts to be in compliance. I think the factory capacity is plenty.

Finally, if you want an aiming device other than the factory sights, a red dot sight such as an Aimpoint micro is a much better choice than a visible laser.

User Tag List