Page 327 of 675 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Shoot it girl, shoot it.

Yes, tell your wife we over at pistol-forum want her to shoot the 1301 and tell us what she thinks of it... 👍👍👍

For those of you who haven’t purchased the Aridus forend and do not use a +2 extension, how are you mounting a light to the gun? I really like the way my gun balances with the 5 round capacity magazine tube and don’t want to buy a mag extension. I’m undecided on the Aridus forend.

ETA: I remember seeing some examples posted but the thread has grown so large I don’t even know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    ETA: I remember seeing some examples posted but the thread has grown so large I don’t even know where to look.
    I feel your pain.
    Having a similar question, I did a search a while back for "light" in this thread and came up with over 200 posts to review.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

For those of you who haven’t purchased the Aridus forend and do not use a +2 extension, how are you mounting a light to the gun? I really like the way my gun balances with the 5 round capacity magazine tube and don’t want to buy a mag extension. I’m undecided on the Aridus forend.

Black electrical tape and a polymer 6P was my solution for a few years, early on with the 1301 (actually the TX4).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Streamlight 870 Mount

A lot of folks like using the Stramlight 870 mount. This one is on my 11/87. Works with the 1301 too:Name:  720E3A5E-EC6E-45F6-8351-FDF76717113B.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  27.2 KBName:  B5A7F01B-CEFB-4355-8459-2A07DA356087.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  43.8 KBName:  08E5E400-8688-4550-9362-1105A37CA475.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  67.8 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    FlyBoyTim beat me to the punch. That's how I have the X300 mounted on my 1301 home defense gun:

Name:  mainguns.jpg
Views: 17423
Size:  103.3 KB
    Name:  x300mount.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  52.6 KB

I keep my hand farther back on the forend to ensure the light doesn't slam into my hand when I shoot. For home defense I'm going to be turning the light on with the constant-on switch should I need to shoot. A tape switch wouldn't be a bad idea with this setup, either.
    3/15/2016

Does the Streamlight 870 mount work with the regular magazine cap if you don’t have an extension?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Does the Streamlight 870 mount work with the regular magazine cap if you don’t have an extension?
    It does indeed.

Name:  1301standardlight.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  69.3 KB

That's the standard Beretta magazine cap with the Streamlight mount. I have a Viking Tactics mount for a hand-held light and a Surefire E2E with the LED conversion head mounted. I actually prefer that setup to the X300 mount but I've been too busy with other stuff to update the hand-held light in that setup to something brighter. For now I'm just putting the X300 on because it's one less thing to screw around with.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It does indeed.

Name:  1301standardlight.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  69.3 KB

That's the standard Beretta magazine cap with the Streamlight mount. I have a Viking Tactics mount for a hand-held light and a Surefire E2E with the LED conversion head mounted. I actually prefer that setup to the X300 mount but I've been too busy with other stuff to update the hand-held light in that setup to something brighter. For now I'm just putting the X300 on because it's one less thing to screw around with.
    Thanks. I just placed an order for one. I’m still deciding on a light. For now I’ll use a TLR-1 that I have access to. I’m looking at the new Streamlight TLR RM series. I’m not sure how much power I really need because the gun will solely be used for defense inside a house. I do hate CR123 batteries though so I’m also considering the 18650 compatible Rail Mount lights.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks. I just placed an order for one. I’m still deciding on a light. For now I’ll use a TLR-1 that I have access to. I’m looking at the new Streamlight TLR RM series. I’m not sure how much power I really need because the gun will solely be used for defense inside a house. I do hate CR123 batteries though so I’m also considering the 18650 compatible Rail Mount lights.
    I'm running a TLR-1 on this mount, now. It looks goofy as shit, in my opinion, with a slightly too-big pistol light hanging off the side of the slightly-too-big rail. But it puts the tailcap right where I need it, where my thumb likes to sit anyways.

So it looks stupid and works well.

User Tag List