Page 324 of 679 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Just hung up w/ Marcy & Carrier Comp my be a small biz. but a very efficient operation IMO.
    The "we will call you for payment" policy seems a little weird, but I guess they do just small runs of their products and don't have much on hand.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you're using the factory Beretta rails, it's possible to upgrade the screws that are supplied without modifying the rail itself. I went down a rabbit hole looking for a solution after I witnessed an OE rail screw pop its head off while my buddy was attempting to zero a 1301 Tac.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....014#post564014

The fleabay auction link in that post from a few years ago still works, surprisingly enough. However, the photos of the screws in the auction now show irregular forming of the heads. The height of the cylindrical OD seems to be variable part to part and perhaps irregular within individual parts. I would look for another source for screws of that nominal spec if buying now.

I am a user of genuine Loctite products. I generally use purple for little stuff like this, maybe blue if that didn't do the job. Having everything properly clean prior to assembly is important. Glue doesn't stick to oil very well.
    Thanks!
    VERY timely post...

I just got done attempting to “fix” my loose rail and rear sight problem.
    I used Vibra-TITE VC-3 (mentioned above), as I had a couple of sample-size 1 mL packs on hand.

Got the rear sight addressed. Beyond a certain snugness, the rear sight screws didn’t get really tight. I stopped trying to tighten further for fear of stripping them. I think it’s the plastic base.

The rail, on the other hand... I really fouled it up. I snapped the head off the rear screw while “tightening” it down, and the front screw was already locked in with VC-3. Then stripped the head of the front screw while trying to remove it in order to attempt removing the shaft fo the rear screw (maybe with needle-nosed pliers).

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

So I guess now I’m taking the receiver to the gunsmith at my indoor range to see if he can drill out the two screws I destroyed.
    Luckily, I have two more on hand, as the aluminum picatinny rail came with it’s own screws. Wish I had a torque spec for the screws - the failure limit is obviously less than “Gyro-with-a-torx-driver”.

And in the meantime, maybe look for additional screws. Fasteners are not my thing, so any help or advice are welcome.

Now I’m going to try to stop breaking things and crack a beer..

Thinking this will be my next 1301:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-comp-pro/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Took the comp out today and shot 200 rounds of birdshot and a couple of slugs. Gotta do some grouping on paper to see where the slugs are going, but this is the best shotgun I've ever used for clays. It points so naturally it was almost hard to miss. Very impressed. Love this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanweis777 View Post
    It points so naturally it was almost hard to miss.
    Try holding both eyes shut... Missing will be a lot easier.

Post thanks for your opinion.

Hi, thank u for your opinion about to attach under mount.

this is bud news, japanese government decide to limited magazine capacities.
    only two round shells allow in tube magazine. my 1301 was caulked magazine tube I got 1301.

I can use total 3 round shells(2+1). in addition, japanlese government hate magazine extension.
    To use magazine extension in japan, I must omit magazine's work to stuff something.

Gun and barrel size also limited, and to change the gun length(for exam. change stock, barrel and magazine balancer) is required government permission.
    So magazine extension way is difficult in japan.

But I can get streamlight mount rail for Rem870. I have already 870 license fortunately.
    i will buy streamlight's mount.

thank u for talking my consultation.

I have another question for you.
    do you have anyone to attach under forgrip to 1301 or A400?

More data points for those interested, same gun I has used in an earlier post but with Federal FC 8 pellet low recoil. This is measurably better than the full power loads and is what I will be buying from here on out.

Name:  87B124AC-8751-4E65-AC3F-79D49E544B12.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  87B124AC-8751-4E65-AC3F-79D49E544B12.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  35.1 KB

Also for those who have asked, low recoil tru-ball slugs hold the same zero as FC. Here’s five of each walking back from 15 to 25 yards, shooter error on that slug to the right. 2 clicks on the 507 to the right and the zero was perfect.
    Name:  E368D2B9-48EE-48C5-B183-4486AA841210.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  43.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kosuke Kutsunugi View Post
    Hi, thank u for your opinion about to attach under mount.

But I can get streamlight mount rail for Rem870. I have already 870 license fortunately.
    i will buy streamlight's mount.

thank u for talking my consultation.

I have another question for you.
    do you have anyone to attach under forgrip to 1301 or A400?
    I’ve seen pictures of it installed. My friend has a 1301T and the streamlight 870 mount, but he hasn’t added a light to the gun yet so I can’t guarantee how they fit. If I can get a chance I will check. If you search Google Images for “streamlight 870 light mount” you should find several similar options. I like the stream light branded one because it allows mounting a light in the 6:00 so it’s not sticking out to the side.

what is the best optics for 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony3 View Post
    I’ve seen pictures of it installed. My friend has a 1301T and the streamlight 870 mount, but he hasn’t added a light to the gun yet so I can’t guarantee how they fit. If I can get a chance I will check. If you search Google Images for “streamlight 870 light mount” you should find several similar options. I like the stream light branded one because it allows mounting a light in the 6:00 so it’s not sticking out to the side.
    thank u for advice.
    I will try to attach light mount for 870 and want to review this thread.
    If light mount is not work, i will attach this mount for 870.

light handguards is IATR product, US government regulated.

I target deer, bear and Japanese pheasant in hunting mainly.
    So, I attach shortscope and holosight for my 1301.
    what do you think the best optics for hunting.

Name:  E2B6B0E0-D1AA-4350-8BFF-A11489688DB2.jpeg
Views: 2182
Size:  75.0 KBName:  5F184C86-6C8A-4DDC-849A-B62E292C2DD4.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  19.4 KB

User Tag List