Page 322 of 675 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    I have a Carrier Comp follower in my 1301T now, too.
    It arrived last week. I installed it and did a cursory load/unload test.
    Took it to the local IDPA club match the next day, and used the 1301T in the shotgun side match.
    I put about 25 rds through the gun, including some hurried reloads (I really need to practice efficiently reloading that gun).
    All was well. I like the new follower.

An aside:
    I missed several (like 4) slug shots at an 8” plate at about 75 yds. When I got home, I noticed that my RDS (Trijicon MRO) was loose.
    It would wiggle enough to feel, but not enough to see the movement. I got out the Allen wrench and torqued it down... still wiggled.
    I then figured out that the aluminum Picatinny rail (I replaced the original plastic one) was loose. The screws had backed out a bit.
    And while I was wiggling things, I found that the stock rear sight was even looser. They both appear to use the same screws. Now, I obviously removed and replaced the ones in the Pic rail (and my habit would be to threadlock them, but I honestly can’t remember). But the rear sight has never been removed.
    I probably don’t have much more than 200 rds through this gun - just enough to function check it and sight it in as I added things like the aftermarket front sight and MRO.

So my suggestion would be to check the snugness of the rail and rear sight at every cleaning, so you don’t have things working loose like I did.

Any suggestions on which threadlocker is best suited to stuff that I pretty much NEVER want to come off?

Re-assembly of the mag extension...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My Langdon 1301 only takes six 2.75 rounds. To get the seventh in, I really need to force it the last bit, and it then doesn’t want to release from the tube. I pulled the spring and follower, reinstalled them, with no change. Thoughts?
    Take the mag extension off, pull out the spring and follower. Re-install with the shotgun pointing down. Put the follower on the end of the spring, pointing up toward the mag tube’s end. Pull up holding the spring while gravity holds the follower all the way on the spring. The spring should be fully inserted into the follower. Feed the spring UP into the mag tube. When you feel the follower bottom out on the end of the mag tube, hold pressure on it while feeding the mag extension onto the other end of the spring. One coil at a time feed the remaining spring into the mag tube. This insures the spring is all the way into the follower. When the extension meets the mag tube threads, thread it on.

That’s all I can think of. You should be able to load a full 7 rounds into the mag tube with a half a round or so to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I have a Carrier Comp follower in my 1301T now, too.
    It arrived last week. I installed it and did a cursory load/unload test.
    Took it to the local IDPA club match the next day, and used the 1301T in the shotgun side match.
    I put about 25 rds through the gun, including some hurried reloads (I really need to practice efficiently reloading that gun).
    All was well. I like the new follower.

An aside:
    I missed several (like 4) slug shots at an 8” plate at about 75 yds. When I got home, I noticed that my RDS (Trijicon MRO) was loose.
    It would wiggle enough to feel, but not enough to see the movement. I got out the Allen wrench and torqued it down... still wiggled.
    I then figured out that the aluminum Picatinny rail (I replaced the original plastic one) was loose. The screws had backed out a bit.
    And while I was wiggling things, I found that the stock rear sight was even looser. They both appear to use the same screws. Now, I obviously removed and replaced the ones in the Pic rail (and my habit would be to threadlock them, but I honestly can’t remember). But the rear sight has never been removed.
    I probably don’t have much more than 200 rds through this gun - just enough to function check it and sight it in as I added things like the aftermarket front sight and MRO.

So my suggestion would be to check the snugness of the rail and rear sight at every cleaning, so you don’t have things working loose like I did.

Any suggestions on which threadlocker is best suited to stuff that I pretty much NEVER want to come off?
    I’d use red LocTite if I knew for certain I would not want to take them off. With the Aridus sight mounts available, I wouldn’t be so sure. Try blue LocTite first and use some silver MarksALot pen to make witness marks on the screws. That way you’ll know if they start to loosen. Then, if you decide to buy an Aridus CROM mount, you’ll have an easier time getting them off. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My Langdon 1301 only takes six 2.75 rounds. To get the seventh in, I really need to force it the last bit, and it then doesn’t want to release from the tube. I pulled the spring and follower, reinstalled them, with no change. Thoughts?
    Has the magazine spring been trimmed to length? The Nordic spring that comes with the +2 extension is too long for this application. See the installation instructions, step #4... It should only stick out 12 - 16" from the tube. Anything more is wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

It's a 12g so it's usually only a matter of time before shit gets loose. That being said, I marked all the hardware with a paint pen so it's easier to spot an issue.
    Another option other than Loctite is Vibra-tite VC-3... It's easier and faster to use and works great for this type of application.

Thanks for the suggestions — I will experiment tomorrow. I didn’t install the tube, the shotgun came to me complete.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lightbulb the best way to attach under mountrail for 1301comp.

hey guys, I live in japan, and bought beretta 1301 comp 24inch for hunting in according to japanese law.
    I want attach under mount rail for 1301.

But, these are som problems.In japan, to get gun is very difficult and limited.
    First problem, to get aftermarket parts is difficult for Japanese law, because of japanese gun control.
    the gun part demand is noting, the gun shop don't have motivation for sale.

Second promblem, I can get some gun parts to use brownells.com. but the japanese custom permit the part only I have been get already.
    For example I can get aridus SGA adapter for1301, but I can not get SGA stock for mossberg. likewise, I can not get aridus hundguard kit.

back to the subject, I want to attach under mount rail.
    i already tried two method.

one method is to use velcro type tape, but it is not work because of 1301 original hundguard's checkering.
    the other method is to use double side tape. the result is same at velcro type.

I can not try screw type, i think it effect gus action bad work.

I have no idea. to attach mount rail.
    please tell me your nice idea.

P.S.

thank you for read my poor english.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosuke Kutsunugi View Post
    hey guys, I live in japan, and bought beretta 1301 comp 24inch for hunting in according to japanese law.
    I want attach under mount rail for 1301.

But, these are som problems.In japan, to get gun is very difficult and limited.
    First problem, to get aftermarket parts is difficult for Japanese law, because of japanese gun control.
    the gun part demand is noting, the gun shop don't have motivation for sale.

Second promblem, I can get some gun parts to use brownells.com. but the japanese custom permit the part only I have been get already.
    For example I can get aridus SGA adapter for1301, but I can not get SGA stock for mossberg. likewise, I can not get aridus hundguard kit.

back to the subject, I want to attach under mount rail.
    i already tried two method.

one method is to use velcro type tape, but it is not work because of 1301 original hundguard's checkering.
    the other method is to use double side tape. the result is same at velcro type.

I can not try screw type, i think it effect gus action bad work.

I have no idea. to attach mount rail.
    please tell me your nice idea.

P.S.

thank you for read my poor english.
    We will help you and welcome!
    #RESIST

Your English is fine- much better than my Japanese LOL

Maybe you can buy a magazine tube or barrel clamp that has a section of Picatinny rail on it. These clamps are commonly used to attach weapon lights. Whether they are available in Japan might be another matter.

On second thought there is not any exposed magazine tube unless there is an extension attached. My guess is that an extension is restricted in Japan. You may have to compromise with a pure barrel clamp that allows attaching things to the side, rather than the bottom, of the barrel.

Welcome, Kosuke! We will be happy to help you.

I have a 1301. It is a fine shotgun.

User Tag List