Page 320 of 675 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Has anyone managed a direct comparison to a Remington V3 Tactical?

The 18.5 V3 Tactic is 6+1 and comes in either VR+bead or rifle sights.

The 22" V3 Tactical Comp is 8+1 and is VR w/ low profile XS sights

The V3 is heavier but has lower recoil and less muzzle rise. I've read claims that it has less recoil than a 1301 w/ kickoff.

I haven't shot either but the V3 handguard is fatter and less pleasant in the hand. The 1301 feels great in the hand.

The 18.5" 1301T somehow holds 1 more shell than the V3 despite both tubes being flush with the barrel. This makes no sense to me. How does the 1301 squeeze in an extra shell in the same amount of space?

V3: possibly QC issues, but lifetime warranty

V3 let's you buy multiple barrels at a reasonable price. 1301 has minimal options at stupid prices.
    Last edited by matto; 02-19-2020 at 06:40 AM.

What’s it take???

I didn’t clean my gun for quite some time and at least 250-300 rounds, I don’t keep track. Wow! Lotsa gunk. What does it take to get all the baked on carbon off the piston and mag tube???? Should I buy an industrial grade ultrasonic and vibrate it in something that requires a nuclear waste disposal facility for disposal??? Or should I keep using Hoppe’s #9, a brass bristle brush, and lots of elbow grease, like I’ve already done??? Switch to stainless steel bristled brush? What the heck? This stuff is ON THERE... First picture is after soaking in Hoppe’s and brushed plus picked with a stainless dental tool. The second (cleaner picture) is after more Hoppe’s and more brass brushing and picking. The ring around the mag tube is another thing. It comes off with 0000 steel wool from my 11/87 (less rounds though). I used the same steel wool on this and just gave up. Is this good enough for these parts, or should I keep going? And, what should I use?
    Name:  BA171700-5690-4A11-A62B-2D5EF5FDAF49.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  36.9 KBName:  6A733989-C997-4065-BD6E-60A90E019FF3.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  100.9 KBName:  FB15E5FD-959B-4C4C-8581-76779C1D8FDC.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  78.5 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's more than good enough. The piston doesn't have to be shiny to work properly. I clean my guns once a year and they're never as clean as what you posted, but they still work just fine.

I'd avoid going after the carbon buildup with abrasives. Anything more aggressive than a copper brush is probably not a great idea.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    No. The Comp receiver is set up for 3.5-in shells (bigger loading port for gaming) and barrels don't interchange.
    My understanding is the comp has a 3.5" receiver, but will not chamber and shoot a 3.5" shell. The slightly longer receiver gives a bigger hole for easier port loading and a bit more wiggle room for loading the tube. The chamber is still a regular 3". I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I was hoping to set up a 1301 Tac for house duty this tax season. Doesn't look like thats gonna happen this year though.

-Cory

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've found that Hoppe's #9 gun oil (the oil, not the cleaner) does a surprisingly good job getting carbon to let go of my revolver if it sits for awhile.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That's more than good enough. The piston doesn't have to be shiny to work properly. I clean my guns once a year and they're never as clean as what you posted, but they still work just fine.

I'd avoid going after the carbon buildup with abrasives. Anything more aggressive than a copper brush is probably not a great idea.
    Well, there I am. Thanks Captain TC. 👨*✈️👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've found that Hoppe's #9 gun oil (the oil, not the cleaner) does a surprisingly good job getting carbon to let go of my revolver if it sits for awhile.
    Thank you sir. 👍

CWM11B
    I wouldn't worry about the carbon buildup much, but if your inner OCD kicks in, I've had good luck soaking carbon encrusted parts in Slip 2000 Carbon Killer.

Regarding a 14" 1301, ditto on the gas problem. I wondered about it too as I was replacing 14" Bennelis with them before I retired. Standing the two next to each other, the 1301 was only 2" longer than our M1 Super 90s. The guys issued them had no issues working them on entries, plus the guns carry two more rounds in the tube with the Nordic extension and they are more reliable with light loads. I "think" with a magpul stock installed, they are even closer in length to the M1 Entry. I'll check my samples and see. If I can figure out how to post pictures here I'll put up a side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the carbon buildup much, but if your inner OCD kicks in, I've had good luck soaking carbon encrusted parts in Slip 2000 Carbon Killer.

Regarding a 14" 1301, ditto on the gas problem. I wondered about it too as I was replacing 14" Bennelis with them before I retired. Standing the two next to each other, the 1301 was only 2" longer than our M1 Super 90s. The guys issued them had no issues working them on entries, plus the guns carry two more rounds in the tube with the Nordic extension and they are more reliable with light loads. I "think" with a magpul stock installed, they are even closer in length to the M1 Entry. I'll check my samples and see. If I can figure out how to post pictures here I'll put up a side by side.

Someone else's pic, I believe from earlier in this thread... 1301 vs M4 Entry model. The one caveat being you can't collapse the 1301 stock.

Gen 2 bolt release

Is the bolt release latch supposed to be touching the side of the lifter?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List