Page 315 of 678 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6777

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I don't have a CROM and it's too late now, but did you try flipping the Holosun around? There looks to be plenty of room on the other side of the the RDS. Who knows, maybe the CROM can only be installed one way. It just doesn't sound right that you had to make a hole like that.
    The mount is designed for the Aimpoint T1/H1 nkt the Holosun. It fits fine with these. The body of the Holosun 503 series is longer than the Aimpoint micro.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The mount is designed for the Aimpoint T1/H1 nkt the Holosun. It fits fine with these. The body of the Holosun 503 series is longer than the Aimpoint micro.
    If you still want to run the 503 I can mod it...nothing like dremel gunsmithing...hold my beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    If you still want to run the 503 I can mod it...nothing like dremel gunsmithing...hold my beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll think on it. Got the T-1 on therebut it’s not real till I zero it.

Holosun 32 MOA Ring & FFC 00 Buck.

As unscientific as buckshot can be, here’s the theory:

Federal FliteControl buckshot will pattern within the 32 MOA circle as installed on the Holosun HS507C sight.

Methodology:
    1. Place a standard 8.5X11 inch sheet of paper at yardages 25, 20, 15, 10, and 7. Aim at the center of the paper, top to bottom, left to right. Shoot one round. (I may have missed the exact center, but that’s just me. Missing won’t change the results)
    2. All I could find in FFC (Federal FliteControl) ammo was what I had on hand from either a recent bulk purchase, or an online purchase before Commiefornia went more Commie. The ammo used was the Federal Premium LE127 00. Imagine that, a non-law enforcement guy got his hands on the LE buckshot somehow... 😳 Oh, the horrors... Sorry Federal... NOT!!!!

This ammo has a listed velocity of 1325 FPS, and has 9 pellets listed on the box. Therefore, if a ninth pellet was the furthest pellet from the center of the pattern, I threw it out.
    3. Measure the largest distance of the spread of shot for that pattern.
    4. Divide by 2. This gives the radius of the pattern.
    5. Using this number, measure to find the approximate center of the group (pattern). Admittedly, this is an estimate, I just can’t think of a better way to find the center. Mark the center with a black pen. The pictures show this mark. Understand that this mark was placed AFTER the shot, not as an aim point.
    6. Sight to the dot. My Holosun is set up with the center 2 MOA dot and the 32 MOA circle around it. Looking through it with the red dot on the black center allows a pretty good ability to estimate points at which the red circle intersects landmarks on the target. For example, the edge of the page, or one of the impact holes.
    7. Bring the target back, and measure where the edge of the circle would go. I marked points up/down, left/right.
    8. Mark the target in red, where the circle would go.
    9. Send the target back down to the distance and verify the circle marks by looking through the sight again.

I have to confess that I did not verify the first 25 and 20 yard targets. Thus, I did the 15 and 20 yard targets twice. The 20 yard target had a different result, while the 15 yard targets were the same. So..... I did the math on what a 32 MOA circle should cover to get an idea of what it would look like at various distances. Here’s how:

MOA is defined as 1.047 inches at 100 yards. Most folks round down to an even 1 inch. Therefore, at 100 yards, a 32 MOA circle would measure 32” in diameter. At 50, it would measure 16”, and at 25 it would be 8” in diameter. You’ll notice that the diameter of the marks on my 25 yard target were 4 3/4” (radius) X 2= 9.5”. And here’s the math by distance:
    25 yards-8.0”
    20 yards-6.4”
    15 yards-4.8”
    10 yards-3.2”
    7 yards-2.24”

And here’s my target measurements. I used radius, so you have to multiply by 2 to get the diameter of the circle.
    25 yards-9.5”
    20 yards-7” (unverified) 8.5” verified to the edge of the paper’s width.
    15 yards-5.5”
    10 yards-4”
    7 yards-2.5”

Something is a bit off, and it’s likely me. Nonetheless, I noticed and double/triple checked, that the 20 yard target had the outer edges of the circle right at the edges of the paper at its width, which is 8.5”.

So, there ya go, for what it’s worth...

The buckshot used and the targets.

Oh, I forgot. I used a feature to mark a circle on the picture to replicate how the 32 MOA circle appears on the target:

In conclusion I would say that yes, the FFC will pattern inside a 32 MOA circle reticle, at least out to the limits of a typical home distance. Where you see some pellets that landed outside the circle, they were “just” outside. Consider too, that this was buckshot at a higher velocity. If you can find and use a “reduced recoil” load, your patterns will generally be tighter. Also, if you can find and use an 8 pellet load, your patterns will be tighter as well. These patterns are the worst you can expect from a FliteControl wad based load. With that in mind, and for the most part, they still fall within the 32 MOA circle. 🤓👍
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by Flyboytim; 01-28-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Folks, sorry about the disorganized pictures in my last post. I’m still learning how to post to this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    That said, how would someone like yourself go about replicating the Federal LE133 00 loading??? 🤔 AFAIK, it ain’t easy...
    Is your 1301 a newer one with choke tubes? If it is, I think that you can probably get an acceptable practice load via reloading. My experimentation is still in early stages, but looks promising.
    Last edited by Hambo; 01-29-2020 at 07:34 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Is your 1301 a newer one with choke tubes? If it is, I think that you can probably get an acceptable practice load via reloading. My experimentation is still in early stages, but looks promising.
    Mine is the newer one with choke tubes.
    Let me know what you come up with on your loadings. I spoke with someone at Ballistic Products about a loading that would mimic the FFC. My idea was to buy new hulls, wads, nickel plated 00 buckshot, powder and shot cards, and roll my own by using a roll crimp to avoid the cost of a loader. They gave me some good ideas I may still try out, but didn’t have something similar in the wad department.

There just doesn’t seem to be a wad with the fins that pop out in the back, and the slats that pop out in the middle of the wad. Otherwise, it’s just a full length wad. Those features are what gives the wad the aerodynamics to slow down on exit from the barrel and let the shot string out evenly. The rest of the FFC equation is low velocity, in some versions, hard buckshot (copper plated) and the buffering material.

I’m very interested in what you come up with.

Streamlight 88850, Odinworks light mount, YHM sling mount, Magpul QDM.

Name:  IMG_2522.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  59.1 KB
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

I think I’ve finally decided to go with the Aridus stock adapter and handguard for my 1301. I don’t remember if there were any good guy codes - if there are, can someone PM me?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So I had this problem repeatedly today at the range running Remington Reduced recoil slugger. Second round would not feed. I would have to push up on the feed ramp from underneath to get it to chamber. Would the freedom fighter tactical follower help me here?

User Tag List