Page 308 of 679 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I ordered a Freedom Fighter Tactical Benelli M4 follower to see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back when I receive it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Some pics of a variety of followers. Appears there was a prior version of the Nordic follower with at least a protruding nose.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/inde...ictures.14097/
    For once, I get lucky. My Nordic follower sat around long enough before I did the Briley trigger and then assembled everything that it's the old style with the protruding nose shown in the link above. Just spent a few minutes trying repeatedly to get the jam with my Brownell's dummy rounds and couldn't do it. One out of all the tries, it did drag a little slowly across the lip of the chamfer. May break that edge and polish it a little at some point, just to be sure.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Is there a problem with the factory follower?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Yes. It’s not made in the USA.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. It’s not made in the USA.
    What CF is talking about, in case that's overly cryptic:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....490#post709490

FWIW, my 1301 is currently configured as in Column A. As CF indicates, changing the Nordic follower back to the not-made-in-USA factory one and reinstalling the mag extension would be a problem, at least as I understand the law.

Mr. Langdon addressed 922(r) compliance in the thread on his customized version. He said he has a letter from BATFE on file. I don't know if it's the one referenced in the chain of links above or a different one, but I didn't wish to clutter up the thread on his product by requesting clarification and potentially starting an argument. Since neither of us is a BATFE agent, lawyer, prosecutor or judge (I can speak for myself, and I don't believe I've heard any of those advanced as part of his impressive CV), that didn't seem likely to be productive. That, and I really don't have anything to add to the technical aspects of it beyond what I've already said. Each reader of this site is free (in fact, unavoidably responsible) to be as conservative as we wish and to select our information upon which to rely.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I have an X300 mounted on a Streamlight 870 mount on my 1301, no tape switch. If I'm in a circumstance where I'm likely to shoot, i'm going to have the light's constant on mode engaged.

You likely won't want to shoot while applying pressure for the momentary function as it can prove unpleasant.
    Thanks I just found the post in the LTT thread with the IWC mount looks like a good option.

I've found the 922R discussions in regards to the 1301 somewhat confusing. Beretta seems to offer a number of 1301 factory configurations with the +2 Nordic extension (J131T18N2LE & J131P18). While these are LE SKUs, they are not controlled items, and as far as I can tell can be ordered by anyone. Not sure if these use the Nordic follower.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have received an email from Beretta indicating that the LE versions are in fact intended only for sale to eligible LE entities. Whether distributors and retailers abide by that is another matter.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What CF is talking about, in case that's overly cryptic:
    Thanks for decrypting my post. It was a bit brief —sorry about that.

FYI I solved my 922r problems with a very nice but expensive Briley trigger group, and am using the OEM follower.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've found the 922R discussions somewhat confusing.
    Fixed your quote.

922R makes no sense at all and is so full of gray it's laughable.
    And why the hell should LE be exempt from it? They are civilians just like the rest of us. And I'm not saying they shouldn't have them, I'm saying if they can then we can.
    Benelli sells the M4 in a LE model as well and there's no sales restrictions other than what distributors and dealers enforce. These are both imported weapons that "violate" 922R but can be sold to regular citizens. Silliness.

User Tag List