Page 307 of 680 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Here's a few more pics. You can really see the difference if you look at the spacing between the follower and the shell stop... The Nordic isn't even close while the other two are almost touching.
    Top to Bottom:
    Nordic
    Beretta
    Benelli

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is this follower in the complete shotgun from Ernest?
    Yes, It is in the complete shotgun. I have not seen this issue in any of the guns I have tested and shot. I port load the guns all the time and have not seen this happen. First that I have heard of this.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Here's a few more pics. You can really see the difference if you look at the spacing between the follower and the shell stop... The Nordic isn't even close while the other two are almost touching.
    Top to Bottom:
    Nordic
    Beretta
    Benelli
    I can see two ways to address that if you already have a Nordic follower and want to stick with it. One would be to increase and polish the relief in front of the follower to eliminate the ledge where the shells hang up. The other would be, if you have access to a lathe, to turn a little bit off the third OD rib of the Nordic follower so it fits the way the Italian ones do. Would leave it partially non-anodized, but that would not be a wear surface. You could spray some zinc on it if it made you feel better. In your earlier photo, it looks like the OD corner of the Nordic follower is getting the anodizing hammered off it anyway.

In addition to the Freedom Fighter and Dave's Metal Works followers, I easily Googled these:

https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=14

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-g...-001-grn-c.htm

There was one from ATI, but it has been discontinued. May be available used.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yes, It is in the complete shotgun. I have not seen this issue in any of the guns I have tested and shot. I port load the guns all the time and have not seen this happen. First that I have heard of this.
    A few more observations from my testing:

- It only happens if the shell falls nose down up against the follower. This happens almost every time with the slightly shorter length Fiocchi dummy rounds but can still happen with normal 2 3/4" shells. This is probably why js475 noticed it most often with the barrel tipped downward... gravity is assisting the shell with nosing down against the follower.

- The jam happens while I am standing stationary, holding the shotgun steady, and smoothly loading the shell and releasing the bolt. Any kind of dynamic motion like what would be found on the range or the streets would probably introduce enough jarring movement to prevent the jam, however, the fact that it can happen is unacceptable to me.

- My 1301T is only a sample of one and all aftermarket parts were added by me, though there is now at least one more example of this effect thanks to js475.

A few more observations from my testing:

- It only happens if the shell falls nose down up against the follower. This happens almost every time with the slightly shorter length Fiocchi dummy rounds but can still happen with normal 2 3/4" shells. This is probably why js475 noticed it most often with the barrel tipped downward... gravity is assisting the shell with nosing down against the follower.

- The jam happens while I am standing stationary, holding the shotgun steady, and smoothly loading the shell and releasing the bolt. Any kind of dynamic motion like what would be found on the range or the streets would probably introduce enough jarring movement to prevent the jam, however, the fact that it can happen is unacceptable to me.

- My 1301T is only a sample of one and all aftermarket parts were added by me, though there is now at least one more example of this effect thanks to js475.
    I'll echo what was said above. The nose of the shell needs to be touching the follower and the muzzle tilted slightly downward for this to happen. I'll also note that my 1301 is a Gen 1 model. If it's also happening with the Benelli, I'd say this is a design flaw with the Nordic follower.

I've never had this happen when actually shooting either, since when I port load the muzzle is usually horizontal or slightly tilted upwards. I just tried to induce it due to GearFondler's initial post. Regardless I've gone back to the OEM follower for now. I'll probably pick up one of the other US made followers and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I'll also note that my 1301 is a Gen 1 model. If it's also happening with the Benelli, I'd say this is a design flaw with the Nordic follower.
    - Mine is a Gen 2.

- I didn't spend long on the M4 but it only took me 2 attempts before I got the jam. We had installed the Nordic in the M4 specifically because of the flat face. The lack of any protrusion makes it shorter and allowed for a full 7 rounds in the Benelli M4 extended mag tube... With the OEM follower it only holds 6. So back to the drawing board here as well.
    Fortunately, the 1301 with the Nordic +2 has plenty of room for 7 shells.

- Mine is a Gen 2.

- I didn't spend long on the M4 but it only took me 2 attempts before I got the jam. We had installed the Nordic in the M4 specifically because of the flat face. The lack of any protrusion makes it shorter and allowed for a full 7 rounds in the Benelli M4 extended mag tube... With the OEM follower it only holds 6. So back to the drawing board here as well.
    Fortunately, the 1301 with the Nordic +2 has plenty of room for 7 shells.
    With the M4 follower in the 1301, does the shell stop rub across the raised portion? It looks awfully close from the pictures. I'm looking at either M2 or M4 followers for a replacement. The M4 seems to have a higher raised portion than the OEM 1301, while the M2 followers seem to have a lower raised portion.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    With the M4 follower in the 1301, does the shell stop rub across the raised portion? It looks awfully close from the pictures. I'm looking at either M2 or M4 followers for a replacement. The M4 seems to have a higher raised portion than the OEM 1301, while the M2 followers seem to have a lower raised portion.
    It is close, but no, it does not touch... Maybe a 1/2mm of space.

I really like the look of the GG&G follower because it is stainless steel, just like the Beretta follower, but I don't know if it will fix the issue.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Hmmm.... Looks like the Nordic Benelli-specific follower has the machining we need, although the reduced diameter is longer. Don't know if that could cause issues.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/low-drag-follower/

GG&G has a similar part:

https://www.primaryarms.com/ggg-bene...lower-ggg-1690

Some pics of a variety of followers. Appears there was a prior version of the Nordic follower with at least a protruding nose.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/inde...ictures.14097/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hmmm.... Looks like the Nordic Benelli-specific follower has the machining we need, although the reduced diameter is longer. Don't know if that could cause issues.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/low-drag-follower/

GG&G has a similar part:

https://www.primaryarms.com/ggg-bene...lower-ggg-1690

Some pics of a variety of followers. Appears there was a prior version of the Nordic follower with at least a protruding nose.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/inde...ictures.14097/
    Those Benelli specific followers are for the Nova/SuperNova models so I have no idea if they would work... As you note, that extended reduced diameter may not work.

As for the old Nordic pic, yeah, that looks like it would have been perfect... Too bad it changed.

User Tag List