Page 306 of 678 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Hammertime
    What is everyone using for QD sockets in the Magpul SGA stock?

I searched Magpul and was unable to find a product that will lock in there. I did find a few sockets they sell, and the little holes seem ideally ready for -something- to just plug in there.

Edited to add: Disregard, I am reading comprehension challenged. Here they are:

Use this kit to add a single QD:
    https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acce...unt-kit-type-1

Use this kit in addition to the one above to add QDs to both sides of the stock:
    https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acce...unt-kit-type-2
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-01-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Does anyone know where a guy can find Aridus stock adapters in stock? I have a few on backorder from Brownells.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    and, yes, there are barrel options. JB400SD28 for 12ga 28" and JB400SD26 for 12ga 26". It's marked as "A400 LITE / A400 Stealth" on the barrel tag
    So, when I pull up those barrel part numbers, the 28-in. is described as 3.5 inch, while the 26-in. is described as 3-in.

I remember discussing a long time back in the thread the incompatibility between Comp and Tactical barrels due to the difference in actions. The Tac receiver is 3-in., the Comp receiver is 3.5-in.

Can any A400 barrel described as 3-in. be used with the 1301 Tactical?

@e_stern
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 01-02-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So, when I pull up those barrel part numbers, the 28-in. is described as 3.5 inch, while the 26-in. is described as 3-in.

I remember discussing a long time back in the thread the incompatibility between Comp and Tactical barrels due to the difference in actions. The Tac receiver is 3-in., the Comp receiver is 3.5-in.

Can any A400 barrel described as 3-in. be used with the 1301 Tactical?

@e_stern
    probably just a typo. all A400 LITE's are 3" chambers.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So I think I may have discovered a possible fatal flaw with the aftermarket Nordic Follower that I haven't seen mentioned before... I know it gets used a lot for 922R compliance but unless I'm doing it wrong it can cause a jam when port loading an empty gun.

The Nordic Follower is generic in design and it's flat top surface lacks a protrusion into the receiver (yeah, my description sucks) so it leaves the shelf between the tube and the chamber exposed (still sucking).
    There's a reduced diameter section at the end of the factory follower that allows it to protrude just a bit past the magazine tube, filling the space where the rim of a cartridge sits if it's in the tube.
    The Nordic follower lacks this and so an empty mag tube will have an exposed shelf or lip between the tube and the chamber. This can cause a jam with an empty gun if you load a shell through the port and then release the bolt. If the shell nose dives towards the mag tube the lifter can jam the front of the shell up against that shelf at it attempts to lift it upward which also stops the bolt from moving forward. A quick reward tug on the bolt is usually enough to clear the issue but that is not acceptable to me... Fine on the range, not so much elsewhere.
    Sorry if my nomenclature was improper but hopefully this picture will help with understanding...

I just tried this with my 1301 w/ Nordic follower. If I tilt the gun muzzle down when port loading I can replicate this problem fairly consistently. No problem with the factory follower. I wonder if @LangdonTactical has heard of or encountered this issue?

Are there any alternative 922(r) compliant followers that people have tried in their 1301s? The Freedom Fighter Tactical and Dave's Metal Works followers appear to have a similar raised up section at the end that protrude into the receiver as the factory follower. However these are made for Benelli shotguns. Are Beretta and Benelli followers generally interchangeable? If so I may give one of these a try.

Is there any downfall to running a TLR on a rail section as compared to going the tape switch route. Trying to go the minimalist route and keep everything as light as possible. Thinking recoil shoving the light rearward could be the only issue.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Is there any downfall to running a TLR on a rail section as compared to going the tape switch route. Trying to go the minimalist route and keep everything as light as possible. Thinking recoil shoving the light rearward could be the only issue.
    I have an X300 mounted on a Streamlight 870 mount on my 1301, no tape switch. If I'm in a circumstance where I'm likely to shoot, i'm going to have the light's constant on mode engaged.

You likely won't want to shoot while applying pressure for the momentary function as it can prove unpleasant.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So I think I may have discovered a possible fatal flaw with the aftermarket Nordic Follower that I haven't seen mentioned before... I know it gets used a lot for 922R compliance but unless I'm doing it wrong it can cause a jam when port loading an empty gun.

The Nordic Follower is generic in design and it's flat top surface lacks a protrusion into the receiver (yeah, my description sucks) so it leaves the shelf between the tube and the chamber exposed (still sucking).
    There's a reduced diameter section at the end of the factory follower that allows it to protrude just a bit past the magazine tube, filling the space where the rim of a cartridge sits if it's in the tube.
    The Nordic follower lacks this and so an empty mag tube will have an exposed shelf or lip between the tube and the chamber. This can cause a jam with an empty gun if you load a shell through the port and then release the bolt. If the shell nose dives towards the mag tube the lifter can jam the front of the shell up against that shelf at it attempts to lift it upward which also stops the bolt from moving forward. A quick reward tug on the bolt is usually enough to clear the issue but that is not acceptable to me... Fine on the range, not so much elsewhere.
    Sorry if my nomenclature was improper but hopefully this picture will help with understanding...

Is this follower in the complete shotgun from Ernest?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I just tried this with my 1301 w/ Nordic follower. If I tilt the gun muzzle down when port loading I can replicate this problem fairly consistently. No problem with the factory follower. I wonder if @LangdonTactical has heard of or encountered this issue?

Are there any alternative 922(r) compliant followers that people have tried in their 1301s? The Freedom Fighter Tactical and Dave's Metal Works followers appear to have a similar raised up section at the end that protrude into the receiver as the factory follower. However these are made for Benelli shotguns. Are Beretta and Benelli followers generally interchangeable? If so I may give one of these a try.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is this follower in the complete shotgun from Ernest?

So here's what I can say...

First I'm glad that someone else was able to easily replicate the malfunction so I know it's not just me or my particular sample.
    I first discovered the issue using Fiocchi Dummy Loads but quickly found that other factory rounds were also susceptible.

Second, my son has a Benelli M4 in which I was also able to produce the exact same jam when using the Nordic Follower. The factory Benelli follower also features the reduced diameter face, actually quite a bit more than the Beretta as it features two stepped down levels. When this protrusion is removed via the flat top Nordic follower the same jam can occur, the nose of the shell being jammed against the bottom ledge of the chamber mouth.

Third, the factory Benelli M4 follower seems to function just fine in the 1301 but I only tested at home with the Fiocchi dummies. I did notice the factory Benelli follower had just the slightest smaller diameter versus the Beretta follower but I'm talking less than 1/4 of a millimeter, whatever that is, and I don't imagine that would be a problem. I'm thinking that any similar USA made M4 follower should work. Note that the GG&G M4 follower looks particularly well made but I'm not sure if it will protrude far enough into the receiver to prevent the jam... The extension looks fairly shallow. The Freedom Fighter follower looks like it would work perfectly, as well as Dave's Metal Works.

Fourth, to address your question GJM, I have no idea. I can say that the Nordic Follower is listed on the LTT specs and Nordic only shows 3 followers on their site: the Generic version I'm talking about, a Super Nova model that does not appear like it would fit properly, and a 20g model. So as far as I can tell, yes, the LTT 1301 has the same follower I have.
    I have a hard time imagining that I discovered an issue that no one else has yet noticed but stranger things have happened I suppose. It would be great if more people could check on this or if someone from LTT could weigh in.
    In the meantime, all I know is mine will no longer use the Nordic Follower and will be replaced with something else, probably one made for the M4.

Here's a Pic of the 3 follwers: left to right is the Nordic, the factory 1301 (drilled by me), and the factory M4. You can easily see how the Nordic lacks the stepped down top to protrude into the receiver.

Thanks for the info GearFondler, will be interesting to see what resolutions this results in. I'm interested in getting either a 1301 or Benelli M4 in the near future and I'll want a proper capacity in either, so definitely want to know proper options when it comes to replacing the parts for 922r and keeping the reliability that leads me to Beretta and Benelli in the 1st place!

User Tag List