Page 302 of 680 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Just bought a 1301T and I have a few questions about it and Aridus parts, maybe you guys can help answer:

The Aimpoint CompM5 could potentially mount to a CROM but the bottom of its window starts 2mm higher than a T-2. Would the CompM5 still cowitness? Any reason not to choose a CompM5 over a T-2?

Are there tritium front beads for that fit this thing?

Is the Beretta kickoff stock worth looking into for a 1301T

Do barrels or any other parts interchange between a 1301T and other Beretta shotguns e.g A400?

Is there any reason a 1301 couldn’t be SBR’d without losing reliability?

@e_stern
    Nobody?

OK, I'll try...

It has the same front sight as a Benelli M4 so there's definitely tritium sights available. Try Google.

I can only speak to the RMR CROM but the center of the rear peep sight barely clears the RMR so +2mm would be very difficult to properly use... I expect the same with the Aimpoint but might be wrong.

The gas system is so far forward that you cannot take off the traditional 4" for an SBS... You could remove a few inches but so far nobody feels the juice is worth the squeeze. (the mag tube cap would protrude past the barrel and you would loose the front sight mount).

The Magpul SGA stock is an excellent addition... Can't speak to the Kickoff stock but I don't feel the need for any additional recoil absorption and I certainly would not give up the improved handling of the SGA even if I wanted any.

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like a T-2 will work better than a CompM5.

I need to call Beretta and see if they have a clays barrel that will fit.
    Last edited by Super77; 12-18-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Several tritium front sight options here:

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...s.asp?Cat=1826

I have a non-tritium version (serving as back-ups to a RDS), and I’m quite satisfied with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Several tritium front sight options here:

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...s.asp?Cat=1826

I have a non-tritium version (serving as back-ups to a RDS), and I’m quite satisfied with them.
    When I get a Benelli M4 I'm going to get one of those with the chevron/tritium front. Never seen one in person, but seems in theory to be an awesome any light sight. Seems a couple other folks on here and like them.

I Got Mine.

I got my 1301T in last weekend. I waited to comment until I had waded through this thread. All the good stuff is true. Felt recoil is fantastic with low recoil buck. The Gen 2 bolt release is an improvement. I wish I’d gotten that far in the thread before I ordered a few of the Tau units. If anyone needs one, let me know and I’ll ship you one on me.

I’m still stuck on the light situation though. I really like my lights directly under the barrel. I’m leaning toward one of the forends that will allow me use an M-Lok rail. Any other suggestions?

Name:  6D648216-8DAE-43D2-98CB-2C1BC3FF187A.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  44.0 KB
    Last edited by Warren Wilson; 12-18-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    Just bought a 1301T and I have a few questions about it and Aridus parts, maybe you guys can help answer:

The Aimpoint CompM5 could potentially mount to a CROM but the bottom of its window starts 2mm higher than a T-2. Would the CompM5 still cowitness? Any reason not to choose a CompM5 over a T-2?

Are there tritium front beads for that fit this thing? Yes but with a red dot sight irons are back ups so not really necessary.

Is the Beretta kickoff stock worth looking into for a 1301T unless you have some medical issue the 1301 is gas operated and one of the softest shooting 12 gauges on the market. The Aridus adaptor and the Magpul SGA for the Mossberg is a very comfortable combo. Magpul makes an adaptor for the SGA which accepts standard Remington 870 butt pads including the limbsaver pads

Do barrels or any other parts interchange between a 1301T and other Beretta shotguns e.g A400? My understanding is no.

Is there any reason a 1301 couldn’t be SBR’d without losing reliability? Given the length of the forend, mag cap etc you would only be able to shorten it 2-3”. It’s already the most compact non NFA tactical shotgun. The juice just isn’t worth the squeeze.

@e_stern

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wilson View Post
    I’m still stuck on the light situation though. I really like my lights directly under the barrel. I’m leaning toward one of the forends that will allow me use an M-Lok.
    Steiner Mk7 mounts under the bbl. I haven’t run one but got to play with it at a trade show. Seemed well made and Steiner is a good company. Downsides are button location and only 350 lumens. Upside is it’s on clearance for $56.

Steiner Mk7 mounts under the bbl. I haven’t run one but got to play with it at a trade show. Seemed well made and Steiner is a good company. Downsides are button location and only 350 lumens. Upside is it’s on clearance for $56.
    I did consider that at one point. My 1301 came with the LE 7-round tube, so the button would be way out front of the muzzle. Still, that's a hell of a deal for that unit. It might be an option for another of my shotguns. Thanks for that.
    Last edited by Warren Wilson; 12-19-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Steiner website

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I've never seen anyone try to mount a CompM5 to the CROM, so I can't tell you for certain how it would co-witness. My gut says it wouldn't co-witness with the sights.

As for reasons to choose the CompM5 over the T2? On a shotgun...not really. I don't find the field of view of the micro style RDS to be restrictive.

Are there tritium front beads for that fit this thing?
    Yes. It is the same front sight as the Benelli M4, so any of the options available for that will work. There is a company out there who makes brightly colored chevron front sights for the M4, some with a tritium bead at the top of the chevron. Those seem really neat and worthy of a look. I can't remember who they are at the moment, but I've been meaning to buy a couple for a while.

Is the Beretta kickoff stock worth looking into for a 1301T
    No. The 1301 is one of the softest shooting 12 gauges on the market and with proper recoil mitigation it doesn't really kick. What you want to do is put a stock with a shorter LOP on there, which the Aridus adapter for the Magpul SGA stock accomplishes nicely.

Do barrels or any other parts interchange between a 1301T and other Beretta shotguns e.g A400?
    To my knowledge, not the barrel. I believe the fire control group is the same. Keep in mind that the A400 has a longer receiver than the 1301T. The 1301 Competition model uses the same length receiver as the A400, IIRC.

Is there any reason a 1301 couldn’t be SBR’d without losing reliability?

@e_stern
    The 1301 with an Aridus adapter and Magpul SGA on it is shorter than an NFA controlled Benelli entry model shotgun. Cutting the barrel down is relatively easy on, say, an 870 barrel but it's not quite the same on the chrome-lined Beretta barrels. I wouldn't do it, personally.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List