Page 297 of 675 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 6746

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvetfoot View Post
    Thanks! That's exactly the way I feel. Can you tell me the difference between LE Config. Gen 2 and Commercial?
    The one that I bought from a local gun store (and still haven't gotten after 5 weeks) is black, and does not have the pistol grip. I'm thinking I bought commercial.
    Sorry I thought I was clear.

Commercial = chokes
    LE = no chokes and potentially a mag extension/pistol grip. Those are restricted to LE Only.

I can tell you for sure if you can give me the serial number.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Sorry I thought I was clear.

Commercial = chokes
    LE = no chokes and potentially a mag extension/pistol grip. Those are restricted to LE Only.

I can tell you for sure if you can give me the serial number.
    Thanks. I don't have a serial number. When the him comes in, it'll all become clear. I'm not LE, so I'm thinking it'll be the commercial.

Which additional chokes to purchase?

For general experimentation with different loads, shooting clays, etc, I'm thinking: cylinder, improved modified and full. Is that enough? They're 34 bucks apiece (flush Optibore HP) at OpticsPlanet.
    Last edited by Velvetfoot; 10-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I'm thinking: cylinder, improved modified and full.
    What would your expectation be for full? I think it is one of those that everybody gets but seldom uses, especially if you get an improved modified.

They're 34 bucks apiece (flush Optibore HP) at OpticsPlanet.
    Not that they will shoot any better, but the simple Briley's would only be another $15:
    https://www.briley.com/p-52062-beret...-12-gauge.aspx

I'm not sure which chokes to get. I figure everyone needs an assortment.

I'm not sure which chokes to get. I figure everyone needs an assortment.
    Yup, and that is enough good reason

But I think often people over choke, and there is not a lot you probably need full for, unless shooting like turkey loads or some of those special coyote loads where they are setting up a shotgun to do a rifles job in populated areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What would your expectation be for full? I think it is one of those that everybody gets but seldom uses, especially if you get an improved modified.

Not that they will shoot any better, but the simple Briley's would only be another $15:
    https://www.briley.com/p-52062-beret...-12-gauge.aspx
    Extended chokes seem to be popular. Suitable for a 1301 Tactical?

A few comments on my 1301 after finally getting my arse to the range.

- Wow... I thought I loved the factory 1301 but it doesn't hold a candle to my upgraded Aridus 1301. I built mine over time but it's basically what you would get if you went with the new LTT 1301, which I would highly recommend.

- the Magpul stock is a freaking huge improvement over the Beretta stock. Folks always comment on the low recoil of the 1301 but I didn't agree when I shot mine right out of the box... recoil felt the same to me as any pump 12g. Now I have to agree with everyone else. Maybe it's the shorter LOP, the better butt pad, or the better grip... all I know is the recoil is now very tame for a 12g, even with Brenneke slugs. Bear in mind that I do not have extensive time using a 12g but I've shot them enough to know which end makes the bang and this is the first time I've shot one more than few rounds and literally could not tell afterwards... No bruise, no soreness or stiffness, just nothing. I am working on Push-Pull but a few times my rhythm was off and I got the full recoil in my shoulder but it didn't matter... it just delayed my next shot. I'm giving most of the credit to the Magpul SGA and the Aridus adapter that allows the mod.
    I should also mention the SGA positions my hand so that my finger naturally finds the trigger each and every time, and in the same position. The OEM stock had my hand hunting around and never finding a comfortable grip or trigger reach.

- the Holosun HS507C I have mounted acquitted itself very well. I zeroed it with a cheap laser bore at 10yrds and then 6 clicks right, 4 clicks up and I was dead on at 25yds with Brenneke slugs.
    The circle reticle worked great for buckshot but for slugs my eyes wanted a dot. I switched to the circle-dot and was very pleased. At home the circle-dot looked too busy to me but on the range it worked great... circle for shot, dot for slugs.

- I patterned my barrel with my chosen HD load, Federal #1 Flight Control, and was very pleased with the results... almost exactly what I was hoping for. I have neighbors and have no interest in gifting them with unrequested flyers.
    See my pics for more detail, but it was interesting to see that even if you pattern your load you can't expect the same exact results each time, at least not with this FC#1.
    The 10 yrd shot usually had one slight flier an inch or so away from main shot which was just separating from the wad.
    At 15 yds it was beginning to open up and the 2nd shot was almost twice the size and spread versus shot 1 and 3.
    At 25 yrds the first shot had one very low flyer but none of the rest showed that again.
    In the end all the results were very similar but it just reinforces the fact that a shotgun is not a replacement for a rifle, excepting slugs. Still, I am confident I can keep all the shot in a torso at 25yds... Probably out to 35 or 40 if I was willing to accept the potential flyer but I didn't test that far.
    I also hope the internet rumor that Federal is redesigning the FC#1 for better consistency is true. In the meantime I need to get some 8 pellet FC 00 buck and see how that patterns in my barrel.

At the end of the day I have to say, I thought I loved my 1301 before but now I am absolutely giddy about it.

Extended chokes seem to be popular. Suitable for a 1301 Tactical?
    Only a slight protrusion, just a personal preference situation. Makes it a little easier to swap, and a little easier to make sure nothing is loose. But in reality I get them because I think they kinda look cool

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    In the meantime I need to get some 8 pellet FC 00 buck and see how that patterns in my barrel.
    Definitely.

I don't like the look of any of those patterns after 10-yards.

Bear in mind that IPSC/USPSA targets are very generous with respect to actual target zones. Your 10-yard patterns are what I would like to see at 12-15 yards.

Name:  FDipeu5.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  50.3 KB

User Tag List