Page 296 of 675 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by 60pilot View Post
    As much as I wish it weren’t true, Beretta’s page is showing a fixed choke for the Tactical.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-ta...FeaturePoint_3
    True. But further up the same page under "Easy Operation, Plenty of Features" the text says:

An interchangeable choke system allows for maximum flexibility based on use and needs. An OptimaBore, HP Improved Cylinder (flush configuration) is included with this package.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Is the red Nordic magazine follower a recommended upgrade? Haven't had any issues with the OEM but I've heard it can be problematic.
    Never had a problem with it, nor have I heard of a problem with it.
    I think the primary appeals of the red Nordic follower are:
    1. It’s red
    2. It’s made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Never had a problem with it, nor have I heard of a problem with it.
    I think the primary appeals of the red Nordic follower are:
    1. It’s red
    2. It’s made in the USA
    3. It's an inexpensive and easy component for 922R compliance.

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Any issues with the OEM magazine follower?
    One issue is that the OEM mag follower feels almost exactly like the head of a shotgun shell, so that it’s virtually impossible to tell by touch whether you have a round in the mag or not. The easy way to correct this, which I believe Adam of Aridus suggested countless pages ago, is to drill a larger hole into the follower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by nalesq; 10-06-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    True. But further up the same page under "Easy Operation, Plenty of Features" the text says:
    I’d seen that and it’s part of what lead me to buying one. When I queried them about it, Arms Unlimited told me all of their Gen 2s come with fixed chokes now.

I’d seen that and it’s part of what lead me to buying one. When I queried them about it, Arms Unlimited told me all of their Gen 2s come with fixed chokes now.
    Well, that really bums me out. I was also looking forward to the removable choke. Geez.
    Last edited by Velvetfoot; 10-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.

@e_stern thoughts?

-Cory

As a point of info, I called Beretta customer service a few weeks ago, (before the current wet blanket), and asked them how to know if you get the latest version? They said the product code, which begins in "J", ends in a number if it's the old one, and a letter if it's the new one.

Site Supporter
    LE Configuration Gen 2s are NOT THREADED for Chokes. They are still Gen 2 with the updated bolt release, aluminum rail, and slightly modified loading/ejection ports.

Personally I would only buy a commercial Gen 2 to have the removable chokes. The removable chokes VASTLY change the entire potential for the gun as they extend the range significantly and make it possible to hunt with it as well.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    LE Configuration Gen 2s are NOT THREADED for Chokes. They are still Gen 2 with the updated bolt release, aluminum rail, and slightly modified loading/ejection ports.

Personally I would only buy a commercial Gen 2 to have the removable chokes. The removable chokes VASTLY change the entire potential for the gun as they extend the range significantly and make it possible to hunt with it as well.
    Thanks! That's exactly the way I feel. Can you tell me the difference between LE Config. Gen 2 and Commercial?
    The one that I bought from a local gun store (and still haven't gotten after 5 weeks) is black, and does not have the pistol grip. I'm thinking I bought commercial.

User Tag List