Page 295 of 675 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Tom Givens had his 1301T with him this weekend when he was at our range for the Instructor Development course. He let me put Some rounds thru it. Now I need one. Badly.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by 60pilot View Post
    FYSA - Gen 2s are apparently back to having fixed chokes, as I found out much to my disappointment.
    Really. Mine has even come in yet! Geez.

Is the red Nordic magazine follower a recommended upgrade? Haven't had any issues with the OEM but I've heard it can be problematic.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    As it so happens...

[I've got nothing against BCT or any other gear manufacturer making velcro shell cards, but in the end their product simply doesn't measure up. The Vang is worlds better.
    I was told by someone at the VangComp via phone that their cards are made by Wilderness Tactical Products. I have nothing bu good experience with Wilderness gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Too late to edit my prior post. Here is a photo of the odd extended choke tube that came with my 1301.

Attachment 43186
    Beretta was as good as their word. Replacement choke tube arrived today.

Name:  Beretta Choke Tube.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  50.5 KB

FYSA - Gen 2s are apparently back to having fixed chokes, as I found out much to my disappointment.

Are you sure?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Ares/Raven “Moduloader”?

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=115

I always liked this setup and ostensibly they work well with 20-gauge shells. In my experience most of the elastic shell holders don’t work well with 20-gauge shells (too loose to carry brass down). Hence why the wife’s 20-gauge gun has a butt cuff instead of side saddle.
    I've got the 5 and 2 round versions. It's a great way to carry a spare card on your belt to pop in the gun if you follow that school of thought rather than refilling the card on the receiver from a pocket or pouch. The cards themselves are OK, I find them stiffer than Esstac but not as robust as the Vangs. They hold 12 ga pretty securely, but I think 20 ga would shake loose on the receiver after a few rounds. Sorry I can't find any 20's to try.

According to Beretta USA website, all 1301s, except the Viper now have interchangeable choke tubes.

There were some Gen 2s early on that still had Gen 1 barrels I believe. It's possible someone got one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    According to Beretta USA website, all 1301s, except the Viper now have interchangeable choke tubes.

There were some Gen 2s early on that still had Gen 1 barrels I believe. It's possible someone got one of those?
    As much as I wish it weren’t true, Beretta’s page is showing a fixed choke for the Tactical.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-ta...FeaturePoint_3

As much as I wish it weren’t true, Beretta’s page is showing a fixed choke for the Tactical.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-ta...FeaturePoint_3
    My 1301 Tactical is definitely threaded for chokes, because I put a modified choke in it.

User Tag List