Page 294 of 675 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Where is the best place to buy one of these?
    https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-...tical-shotgun/

I’ve noticed that most of the Aridus products are now available for sale on Brownells but the hand guard assemblies are not. Is that because the product is a modification done to a Magpul product while all the others are entirely made by Aridus Industries? I like the idea of buying one of the hand guards from Brownells because I’d be able to support Aridus, Brownells, and P-F through the same purchase using the affiliate sales link.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    After receiving the BCT cards I have to wonder if those gentlemen have just not tried out the Brown Coat cards because they seem extremely well made to me. The reason most cards suck and are to be avoided is that over time they can curl and also loose elasticity.
    As it so happens...

Name:  shells1.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  shells2.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  shells3.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  48.0 KB

Note how the loops are misshapen and how the elastic is already breaking and coming loose from the weave on the BCT cards. And that is after one twenty minute dryfire session with my main teaching 870. Again, for the purpose of clarity, I'm breaking the BCT card after twenty minutes of use.

In the second shot there you can see a comparison between the Vang shell card and the BCT. The loops for the Vang are a little more than twice as thick and made from a much more durable material. The shell card pictured is the second card I bought from Vang Comp years ago and it has lived on my main teaching 870 since that time. It has been through every class I've taught, every shotgun class I've taken in the last few years, thousands of shells in practice and at least one hundred + hours of dryfire...and despite all of that the loops are just the tiniest bit looser than the loops on a brand new card out of the packaging.

Unlike the BCT the Vang shell carrier has never been a pain in the ass to load shells into...meaning it's easy to feed the Vang shell carrier from a pocket in class if one is inclined to do so. (It's what I usually do)

I've got nothing against BCT or any other gear manufacturer making velcro shell cards, but in the end their product simply doesn't measure up. The Vang is worlds better.

If that stops being true at some point or if someone else introduces a shell card that rivals the Vang I will be perfectly happy to recommend it.

For now, though, the two options that are worth a damn in my estimation are the Aridus QDC and the Vang Comp. Because they both work and they will both continue to give trouble free service well after you purchase them.
    3/15/2016

^^^ My only response is... Fuck. I wish I knew this a month ago.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 10-04-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Any issues with the OEM magazine follower?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

My HSGI 5 shell cards have been good.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/s...v2-95SS01.html
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Outside of gunbroker these are a little hard to find right now. Closest thing I found locally is a Beretta Viper which is a Gen 1 and camouflaged. It was tempting for $800 but couldn’t talk myself into it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Outside of gunbroker these are a little hard to find right now. Closest thing I found locally is a Beretta Viper which is a Gen 1 and camouflaged. It was tempting for $800 but couldn’t talk myself into it.
    If you’re interested in buying an unmodified gun and adding accessories at your convenience, as opposed to buying an LTT 1301 from the start, $800 is a fantastic price. You’d need to buy some kind of bolt release shroud like the Tau Dev one or the Aridus one to fix the failure point on the Gen1 guns. You’d also be missing out on chokes. If the removable chokes are important to you, then hold out for a Gen2. If they aren’t, then there isn’t much reason to pay the Gen2 premium. I don’t know how you feel about the camo.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 10-05-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Anyone have any experience with the Ares/Raven “Moduloader”?

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=115

I always liked this setup and ostensibly they work well with 20-gauge shells. In my experience most of the elastic shell holders don’t work well with 20-gauge shells (too loose to carry brass down). Hence why the wife’s 20-gauge gun has a butt cuff instead of side saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If you’re interested in buying an unmodified gun and adding accessories at your convenience, as opposed to buying an LTT 1301 from the start, $800 is a fantastic price. You’d need to buy some kind of bolt release shroud like the Tau Dev one or the Aridus one to fix the failure point on the Gen1 guns. You’d also be missing out on chokes. If the removable chokes are important to you, then hold out for a Gen2. If they aren’t, then there isn’t much reason to pay the Gen2 premium. I don’t know how you feel about the camo.
    FYSA - Gen 2s are apparently back to having fixed chokes, as I found out much to my disappointment.

User Tag List