Page 291 of 678 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Very nice looking setup. What light and switch and components are you using?

thanks
    Thanks... It's the TLR-1 HL Long Gun Kit with the pad mounted to an Mlok rail.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Thanks... It's the TLR-1 HL Long Gun Kit with the pad mounted to an Mlok rail.
    How much have you used it with the light? I'm wondering if heat will cause issue with the wire.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    How much have you used it with the light? I'm wondering if heat will cause issue with the wire.

-Cory
    It looks like the wire is routed below the magazine tube, so heat issues ought to be minimized.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

-Cory
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    It looks like the wire is routed below the magazine tube, so heat issues ought to be minimized.
    I just mounted the light last weekend so I haven't been to the range yet, but Chuck is correct... The wire wraps back under the extension so hopefully heat will not be an issue. I will definitely report back if an issue arises.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is a 1301 with a two round extension legal in California?
    If I recall, up to a 10 rounds on a tube fed magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been neglecting my 1301

I've kept my 1301 in a quick access safe, but haven't really shot it much. Forgot what fun it is! With Remington "Managed Recoil" slugs at about .6sec pace it's an attention getter on a 25yd indoor range.

In rapid-ish fire I'm seeing flame in the chamber as the round ejects -- is that normal (or maybe just for this load)? The lighting at the shooting stations sucks (photo below were lightened quite a bit) so the chamber flash is quite impressive.

The Surefire mount loosened up within the first five rounds -- need more VC3!

Name:  IMG_4780.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  30.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4781.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  22.2 KB

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I've kept my 1301 in a quick access safe, but haven't really shot it much. Forgot what fun it is! With Remington "Managed Recoil" slugs at about .6sec pace it's an attention getter on a 25yd indoor range.

In rapid-ish fire I'm seeing flame in the chamber as the round ejects -- is that normal (or maybe just for this load)? The lighting at the shooting stations sucks (photo below were lightened quite a bit) so the chamber flash is quite impressive.

Name:  IMG_4780.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  30.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4781.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  22.2 KB
    Yes, the visible flash is normal.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post

In rapid-ish fire I'm seeing flame in the chamber as the round ejects -- is that normal (or maybe just for this load)?
    It happens fairly often. I recently did a demo for the JDC Facebook page on why we don't advise birdshot and I got some impressive flame spitting out the ejection port when the action was open. Shotgun powders put behind heavier loads (like slugs) tend to burn more slowly and so the charge may not have been completely consumed by the time the action of a fast-cycling semi-auto like the Beretta opens up.

If it is attached to a 12 gauge, it's not a matter of if it's coming loose, it's a matter of when. I'm a big fan of using a silver sharpie to put witness marks on, like, everything so I can see what's coming loose at a glance.
    3/15/2016

I'm yet another one that this thread caused to buy a 1301. Been thinking of getting a semi auto shotgun for a long time. Then after reading the thread I had no choice. Want to say thanks to everyone for all the great info they've shared on here. I have one question though, why is the black 1301 Tactical listed with an Improved choke, and the OD Green one (which is what I ended up with) come with a cylinder choke? At least the black one is listed as coming with an improved.

Quote Originally Posted by CrgJhnsn View Post
    I'm yet another one that this thread caused to buy a 1301. Been thinking of getting a semi auto shotgun for a long time. Then after reading the thread I had no choice. Want to say thanks to everyone for all the great info they've shared on here. I have one question though, why is the black 1301 Tactical listed with an Improved choke, and the OD Green one (which is what I ended up with) come with a cylinder choke? At least the black one is listed as coming with an improved.
    Seems like it may be time for Erik to drop back by.

User Tag List