Page 290 of 678 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Cleaning shotguns sucks, especially after shooting slugs. I’ve had good luck with a bronze brush on a cleaning rod, attached to a hand drill. The best solvent: Kroil. But be careful, this is a hazmat nightmare. Figure out how not to inhale the fumes, or spatter lead+solvent everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can’t remember the last time I did more than pull a bore snake through my Benelli defensive shotguns in AK, and pretty much all I shoot is Foster and Brenneke slugs through them. Is there a reason I should be concerned about lead fouling in the barrel?
    I find that the more lead fouling that accumulates the worse off my accuracy becomes.
    At 50 yards it's not too noticeable but at 100 yards, the fliers in my groups become more evident.
    Starting with clean barrel, the first 10 slugs all group pretty consistantly but once I get to my 20th or so slug shot, the lead fouling is apparent and accuracy drops off some.
    I just posted an example video of this on Youtube if you care to see what I'm finding. The first shot is a bad hold on my part and shoots high left. Shots 2, 3 and 4 are all good holds but the fourth shot falls short and left. I believe this to be due to lead fouling in the barrel.
    https://youtu.be/7aCbU8Lxbb8
    Last edited by M1KL83; 09-08-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M1KL83 View Post
    I find that the more lead fouling that accumulates the worse off my accuracy becomes.
    At 50 yards it's not too noticeable but at 100 yards, the fliers in my groups become more evident.
    Starting with clean barrel, the first 10 slugs all group pretty consistantly but once I get to my 20th or so slug shot, the lead fouling is apparent and accuracy drops off some.
    I just posted an example video of this on Youtube if you care to see what I'm finding. The first shot is a bad hold on my part and shoots high left. Shots 2, 3 and 4 are all good holds but the fourth shot falls short and left. I believe this to be due to lead fouling in the barrel.
    https://youtu.be/7aCbU8Lxbb8
    My eyes water after about five Brenneke slugs out of a 14 inch Benelli! I zero at 25 yards, since these are bear guns, so my accuracy standards are probably lower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@M1KL83,

Glad to help.

Boresnake: useless. The amount of toxic sludge is so great that you would need multiple snakes, and how could you clean them?

I use a paper towel wrapped around a special rod a friend gave me. I forget what it’s called. Bore Wizard or something like that.

I swab the bore with Kroil, and leave it for 15 min. Then I scrub with the spinning bore brush, adding more Kroil a few times. Silver colored sludge pours out. I use a box to contain the splatter.

I finish up with more rolled paper towel swabs on the Wizard rod

Respirator, disposable gloves, and old clothes.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I don’t run slugs through my A400, but even if I shoot BlackCloud (very dirty) I don’t have any trouble wiping the fowling right out with a boresnake and Slip2000.

I’ve pretty well convinced myself that I need a 1301 based off my love of the A400, and a pending Salvo12 will cover both without anything extra.

With much thanks and gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this thread over the years, I present my finished 1301T...

Last edited by GearFondler; 09-14-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    With much thanks and gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this thread over the years, I present my finished 1301T...

Do you have a sling for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Do you have a sling for it?
    Yep. Got a padded Vickers specifically for it... Just left it off for the pictures.

Yep. Got a padded Vickers specifically for it... Just left it off for the pictures.
    Nice component choices & have the same sling for my 1301Ts & SR16.

Very nice looking setup. What light and switch and components are you using?

thanks

Is a 1301 with a two round extension legal in California?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List