Page 287 of 678 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I just read on a local gun forum that someone's 1301 had developed quite a bit of rust simply from a heavy rain shower. What is everyone's experience - do these guns tend to rust more easily than other shotguns?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I just read on a local gun forum that someone's 1301 had developed quite a bit of rust simply from a heavy rain shower. What is everyone's experience - do these guns tend to rust more easily than other shotguns?
    Name:  icy.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  95.6 KB

Two of my guns at the inaugural FPF Training Shotgun Skills class in February of 2018. They were out in that mess all day, got shoved into a soft-sided case at the end of it, and didn't get removed from that case for a couple of days after. No rust.

The receiver is made of aluminum. The chamber and bore are chrome lined.

If he had one that developed some rust, it likely only happened on the barrel...and that might be because of a defect in the manufacture/finishing of that particular barrel.

But in my experience abusing the shit out of 1301 shotguns, they most certainly do not rust more easily than other shotguns.

Keep in mind that Beretta builds shotguns for people who hunt various avian critters in conditions ranging from sub-arctic to swamps, with the vast majority of people not bothering to clean their guns. Like, ever. At Shotgun 360 we had Mr. Stern as a guest and he said that he routinely receives guns in for repair that are dirty beyond belief. Including finding a live lizard in the receiver of a gun on one occasion.

People shoot them, do not clean them, and do not lubricate them. Eventually the guns stop working and they send them back to Beretta where someone like Mr. Stern has to don a hazmat suit to clean them.

But even in all of that, rust doesn't seem to be much of a problem for Beretta's shotguns. They are generally built to resist corrosion.

I'm not remotely worried about 1301's rusting.

870's, absolutely. But not the 1301.

The 1301 is the closest thing to a Glock 17 that exists in the shotgun world.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If he had one that developed some rust, it likely only happened on the barrel...and that might be because of a defect in the manufacture/finishing of that particular barrel.
    The barrel, as well as some internal parts in the fire control group.

I was quite surprised to hear that as well. Glad to hear that isn't typical.

I apologize for bringing politics into this thread, but it appears that the 1301 would be included in the latest assault weapon ban.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I apologize for bringing politics into this thread, but it appears that the 1301 would be included in the latest assault weapon ban.
    Do you have a link to any info on a future bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Do you have a link to any info on a future bill?
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../text?r=21&s=1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Based on 5 minutes of skimming the referenced bill, it appears to me that A stock 1301T with a 5 RD tubular mag, it would not be covered by the bill.
    Am I missing something?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I didn't bother to read it this time, but there was one proposed a few years ago that defined assault weapons by features, then included what purported to be a list of all guns that were not banned. Lots of guns that were not captured by the features lists were not included on the not-banned list; I believe the 1301T was among them. Pretty much anything with the T-word in its designation was among them. After discussion, some people concluded the ambiguity was intentional.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Based on that version of an AWB, the standard 1301 tactical and 1301 comp versions would be good to go. The 1301 pistol grip tactical and 1301 comp pro would be evil and banned.

Here's the semi-auto shotgun part:

“(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any one of the following:

“(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(ii) A pistol grip.

“(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.

“(iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

“(v) A forward grip.

“(vi) A grenade launcher.
    Last edited by Old Man Winter; 08-20-2019 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add AWB bill text

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Based on that version of an AWB, the standard 1301 tactical and 1301 comp versions would be good to go. The 1301 pistol grip tactical and 1301 comp pro would be evil and banned.

Here's the semi-auto shotgun part:

“(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any one of the following:

“(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(ii) A pistol grip.

“(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.

“(iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

“(v) A forward grip.

“(vi) A grenade launcher.

How would the Comp Pro be banned? It has a 2+1 capacity in the United States.
    Last edited by e_stern; 08-20-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List