Page 283 of 675 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by powell556 View Post
    So is the Benelli M4 better than the 1301 ignoring cost? Looks like the M4s are double the cost, and possibly not double as good. But are M4s better overall? Or does 1301 have the edge in some areas? Other than cost.
    I've never run an M4, but I did see an M4 choke and puke all through a Steve Fisher class while 3 1301s ran like sewing machines throughout... I'm not saying the M4 isn't good, just that particular M4 had significant function issues that day.

I've been running my 1301T Gen 1 for several months now with well over 1000 rounds through it -- everything from 30-year old reloads to 100-pack cheapo birdshot to Federal Flight Control buckshot -- and it's run it all with no issues. Add Aridus SGA stock adapter, a CROM with a T1 and a Zukov forend and you have a great gauge...

Joined up for this thread, but generally shoot handguns so I'll be sure to check the rest of the forum out. I've been watching for the Nordic +2 Tac kit for the last couple weeks to no avail, seems that, based on my reading is this thread, they are just hard to come by and sell out the day they hit vendors. I guess I'm asking if there's a better way to track one down than adding my email to vendors "update when restocked" list and paying close attention? Also Aridus products of interest are Backorder status, any insight on time table for CROM and SGA adaptor

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You might be able to piece one together for a few dollars more. Also gives you the option to mess with a slightly longer tube if you want.

Check earlier discussion for 922(r) in this thread if that's something you worry about.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Oils and Lotions SME
    M4s have been more apt to have function problems with light loads than 1301s in my experience. I have yet to see a 1301 that doesn't run lighter loads and I've seen at least a dozen M4s that won't. It's not a big issue for serious use, but some folks like to practice with cheaper/less recoil ammo.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Gen2 Bolt release

Anyone have experience with the Gen2 release and Beretta's modification to prevent the failure? I can't seem to find anything if it's still an issue or not? And/or Aridus or Tau dev shroud still recommended?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz98 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Gen2 release and Beretta's modification to prevent the failure? I can't seem to find anything if it's still an issue or not? And/or Aridus or Tau dev shroud still recommended?

Thanks
    The G2 release is gtg. No issues whatsoever. The shroud won’t fit anyways, so not possible to be a recommendation there.

Aridus’ site states the same re/ the shroud.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    M4s have been more apt to have function problems with light loads than 1301s in my experience. I have yet to see a 1301 that doesn't run lighter loads and I've seen at least a dozen M4s that won't. It's not a big issue for serious use, but some folks like to practice with cheaper/less recoil ammo.
    1301s do seem to have the edge in training classes utilizing birdshot.

Then again, there is literally no statistical data of how they fare in real fights. The Benelli M4 has seen continuous combat service in the USMC since 1999.

As you say... it’s not a big issue for serious use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    1301s do seem to have the edge in training classes utilizing birdshot.

Then again, there is literally no statistical data of how they fare in real fights. The Benelli M4 has seen continuous combat service in the USMC since 1999.

As you say... it’s not a big issue for serious use.
    The M4 is also an optional personally owned duty gun for LAPD.

The Alabama DPS (state police) are the largest users of the 1301T I am aware of.

Having owned both, I’m happy with my 1301 tactical.

Even at full price you can get a fully equipped 1301 (RDS Magpul SGA etc.) for the price of a base M4.

Re: price the discounts on old stock Gen 1 Guns during the transition to Gen 2 seems to have created a false sense of what a 1301 “should” cost instead of being recognized as the one time deal it was.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-29-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Has anyone fitted an OD Green Gen 2 with FDE Magpul furniture?
    I've seen one OD Green with Black SGA Stock and Black Magpul forend but just checking to see if the OD Green and FDE combination is out there to see before I go ahead with any purchases.
    Cheers

New Beretta 1301 and I need help understanding the loading options

Hi

Just received my 1301 yesterday. I read the manual and I understand that I need to chamber a round before I can load the tube.
    I wish to store my shotgun "safely, ie nothing in the chamber, uncocked" but with shells preloaded in the tube. Then when needed
    I wish to start firing without manually putting one in the chamber first.

Can I achieve this and what would be the procedure?

Regards
    Alwyn Kruger

User Tag List